+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Storage Wars

Re: Storage Wars

I think Darrell is the MOST annoying more so than Dave because all he does is complain complain complain ugh. Dave is just a sneaky snake. And Barry is a riot!!! I like the two kiddos, Jared and his wife as well!!!

Yup, DH & I still watch!!!

OH and the one person I reallllllly cannot stand is that auctioneer why does he need to 'chant' at THAT speed that he does heck, its not some big sotheby's auction its just a pile of crap in a storage locker he is a show-off.
    KAREN

Please let me know if I am on the right page with this show. I accept that these people are really in the junk buying/selling, collecting business, however, I think that after they bid and purchase the unit, the show's producers, plant the interesting and valuable items inside for entertainment value. I bet it says that in the fine print when the show is going off. It's how they do reality tv now.

THere is a show called Lizard Lick Towing filmed near my city. They really do run a towing business but the show is based on storylines they are given. I heard the lead guy admit it on the radio recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Please let me know if I am on the right page with this show. I accept that these people are really in the junk buying/selling, collecting business, however, I think that after they bid and purchase the unit, the show's producers, plant the interesting and valuable items inside for entertainment value.
    Hmm, I don't know about that Debb, because it does show them sawing the bolts off each locker as they allow people to view it for a few minutes before bidding on it.

Some of the lockers have rodents in them and bugs

We have watched both Season 1 and now Season 2 and I really have not seen anyone really win anything really AMAZING at all.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    OH and the one person I reallllllly cannot stand is that auctioneer why does he need to 'chant' at THAT speed that he does heck, its not some big sotheby's auction its just a pile of crap in a storage locker he is a show-off.
    He chants at that speed because he is an auctioneer. All auctiuoneers have an auctioneers rattle and they are not going to slow it down just because they are selling crap in a storage locker. He is not a show off he is an auctioneer, it's what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    He chants at that speed because he is an auctioneer. All auctiuoneers have an auctioneers rattle and they are not going to slow it down just because they are selling crap in a storage locker. He is not a show off he is an auctioneer, it's what they do.
    I have been to tons of auctions and I have never seen an auctioneer chant at THAT speed. JMHO.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    I have been to tons of auctions and I have never seen an auctioneer chant at THAT speed. JMHO.
    I got to A LOT of auctions and have only been to one where they didn't chant at that speed and that one was a non-professional auction. But junk or high end for me it's at that speed in my experience. Kind of fun actually to be there in the moment and bidding.

Maybe they don't plant things in the units, but I still suspect they do. I'll do a little investigation and see what I can find.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I got to A LOT of auctions and have only been to one where they didn't chant at that speed and that one was a non-professional auction. But junk or high end for me it's at that speed in my experience. Kind of fun actually to be there in the moment and bidding.
    Same here. Every auction I have been to the chant has been at high speed.

If they really wanted to get Dave to stop running up the bids, then they should leave him holding the bag a few times. When he starts overbidding on units that he doesn't want, but is just trying to drive up the bid, they should suddenly stop bidding and let him pay out big bucks for something he didn't want and that isn't worth it. Maybe then he would stop driving the bids up just to annoy the ones who do want the unit.

As it is, they allow him to do it and then pay top dollar for something that isn't that valuable. I don't understand why they keep allowing him to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    If they really wanted to get Dave to stop running up the bids, then they should leave him holding the bag a few times. When he starts overbidding on units that he doesn't want, but is just trying to drive up the bid, they should suddenly stop bidding and let him pay out big bucks for something he didn't want and that isn't worth it. Maybe then he would stop driving the bids up just to annoy the ones who do want the unit.

As it is, they allow him to do it and then pay top dollar for something that isn't that valuable. I don't understand why they keep allowing him to do that.
    Darrell tried to do just that to Dave on last night's show but Dave pulled out at the last minute leaving Darrell with a unit he didn't want. I think he made a small profit on it. Barry is by far my favorite as he isn't even really in it for the money, more for what cool things he can find. I like the others too except for Dave.....he's just nasty. When they show everyone's profits at the end of the episode, I wonder if that's real or projected?

+ Reply to Thread