+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Storage Wars

Re: Storage Wars

Finally got around to watching both premiere episodes. Hmm, not really sure if I like it yet or not. If the show is totally focused on these four main bidders, that makes it a little frustrating for me because I would love to see a lot of different people actually bid on a unit. And that's the first time I ever saw an automobile in a unit! Plenty outside, along with boats, trailers, etc. - but not inside what looked to be a 10 x 12.

I can also totally relate to the attitude of the "regulars" when they see each other show up time after time - they get that "oh great, here comes so and so" look, knowing they will most likely have to get into a bidding war and spend more than they really wanted. And I have seen first hand how a bidder will just totally run the bid up with absolutely no intention of being the winner. I stood and watched while a lady desperately tried to buy back her late grandmother's unit (she had no idea it was going up for auction until it was too late to pull it, she arrived just as the auctions were starting for the day AND didn't have enough to pay the total amount owed), anyway, she was trying to get it for like $200 and some other woman just drove the bid up to around $450 "just for the fun of it" (her words). Now see, that kind of mentality - jerking around someone just because you can - I don't get that.

ANYway, I will keep watching for now....it's pretty entertaining.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

I haven't seen the newest shows, so I'm not sure if the format was the same. It seems to be more about the guys doing the bidding rather than about what they do with the stuff once they get it.

I assume they auction it, sell it at fleamarkets, etc., but they don't seem to show that end of it. Like I said, it's mostly about the competitiveness of the men who are bidding. I wish it were more about the process of what they do with their finds.

Sassy Kat
    I totally agree with you about the men. Hearing all their "big talk" and taunting and having to listen to the auctioneer had me hitting the stop and delete button half way through the second show. Oh, well. I really do like Auction Hunters on Spike and Auction Kings on Discovery.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

I don't understand why they fight each other. It looks like they are paying the storage unit people lots of money because of the games they play. It would be more ecomical to not do that. If they didn't bid against each other, all of them could take a unit for just a little and it would be the storage unit person who wouldn't get so rich off of it. So Bidders 1, 2. and 3, tell bidder 4, this one is yours, I'm only bidding up to $200.00. So Bidder 4 gets it for $220.00. Next time, they let Bidder 1 take it for a low bid. If that did that, then everybody would get the units for low prices. Maybe there is a law against that or something.

Anyone still watching this show? I find myself drawn into every now and then when my dh has it on.

I still watch it. I like seeing what is inside the units and if any of the bidders sell the stuff for a profit. Looks like a lot of people trash their storage units like they would trash their house.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG View Post
    I still watch it. I like seeing what is inside the units and if any of the bidders sell the stuff for a profit. Looks like a lot of people trash their storage units like they would trash their house.
    I still watch. I missed the latest episode though. I do not care for the guy with the black hair who always tries to mess up the other bidders. I can't recall his name. He thinks he's a big shot. When he bids he always says
    "Yeeeeeeaaaap!" The way he says that really annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I still watch. I missed the latest episode though. I do not care for the guy with the black hair who always tries to mess up the other bidders. I can't recall his name. He thinks he's a big shot. When he bids he always says
    "Yeeeeeeaaaap!" The way he says that really annoys me.

LOL - His name is Dave I can't stand that one either. I like Barry - the older guy that tries to get the collectibles - he's pretty funny. And Darrell is a riot too.

I find them quite funny and wonder are they just regular guys or actors on this show? Barry is endearing with those silly skeleton gloves. Brandy are Jerrod are funny and normal seeming. Dave the big "yepper" is the most annoying one! When I want to bug my kids I'll say Yep and they know exactly who I am supposed to be--lol.
    I would love to see somebody at home realize that the junk or treasure coming out of a storage unit is theirs or a realatives who didnt pay the fees! I wonder if they would try to sue to get ithe stuff back or something.

I think just like in estate sales/auctions these people get to know each other and know who their competition is. My husband and I were looking for something and found one at an estate sale. We arrived early and they were giving out numbers and only allowed 10 people in when they opened and then as one person left the next person was allowed in. Most of the people that were there when we arrived all knew each other and were asking questions of each other trying to figure out what the others were after. They were peaking in windows trying to get a look at the items. IT was rather comical and I imagine these storage bidders act the same way. And may try to bid if they see a certain person bidding because they dont like that person or that person has the ability to "find" things...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast