+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Storage Wars

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Storage Wars

I remember him. He was not very popular with the other bidders and if I recall correctly, even the auctioneer didn't really like him.

Never knew about his connection to Nicholas Cage. Interesting.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fanatic

he was the tall dude with the heavy accent that was on every once in a while. acted pompus

They aired a past show that he was on last night and before it started there was a in memory note. Nice that they acknowledged him. He had not been on in while, wonder if any of the regulars will say anything when the new shows start.

TONIGHT!!! New Episodes!!!

The Big Boy vs. The Heavyweight
    Monday, March 18 9/8C A&E

"The buyers meet up in La Habra, CA and run into "The King of Palmdale." Ivy Calvin, a former ultimate fighter gets into the ring and quickly goes toe to toe with Darrell.

Jarrod and Brandi buy, and meet a nerd. And Barry Weiss hits the links with a famous golfing buddy."
    KAREN

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Hester's lawsuit regarding the 'rigging' of the show was thrown out of court.

‘Storage Wars’ Lawsuit Fails to Nail A&E for Faking Reality
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Storage Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Hester's lawsuit regarding the 'rigging' of the show was thrown out of court.

‘Storage Wars’ Lawsuit Fails to Nail A&E for Faking Reality
    Yeah, but they're not denying it IS rigged, the judge is saying that A&E has a right to rig it. I am rather lost as to how it is a First Amendment issue, though.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

IMHO, the suit itself was spurious. Hester's claim was that Storage Wars had to follow the rules set forth for 'game shows', and by rigging the show had broken the law. A&E's claim, which I agree with, is that it's an 'entertainment show' not a 'game show', and therefore does not have to abide by the rules for 'game shows'.

As to the First Amendment aspect, I am completely baffled.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112