+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Storage Wars

FORT Fan

Re: Storage Wars

Watching tonight's new episodes just reminds me how sad Dave Hester is. That poor man has issues that no amount of money will cure. I feel sorry for him.

Laura the auctioneer's wife is as annoying as ever. Woooo! Wow! Over-acting!!

But I do still love the show, especially Barry and Brandi/Jarrod.
    sparklete likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post

But I do still love the show, especially Barry and Brandi/Jarrod.
    Be careful of your love of Brandi/Jarrod. If the allegations against the show are true they are the primary people between the "salting" of lockers. People claim that things can't be faked, it would be extremely easy on this show. Maybe they can't easily fake the initial opening of the locker because others are present, but they can easily fake things that are "found" in the locker after other people aren't around. They can easily send someone back to the locker after someone has opened it. Sometimes they also "find" things after the locker has been emptied and returned to the store. Very easy to fake things in those situations. Whether it happens a lot on this show or not only the producers and actors know, but it definitely happens on the TruTv version of this show. Even probably the buying, staging of lockers and then going delinquent on the account by the producers a couple of months before the show is filmed, to get something good to air.

FORT Fan

Right -- "if the allegations are true." There's an awful lot of speculation on this thread based on that very big word IF.

And let's not forget who started all this -- the aggressive, entitled playground bully with the huge chip on his shoulder. Maybe if he wins this lawsuit he can afford some therapy to deal with his issues.
    nanarama, jucamer and sparklete like this.

Isn't Dave implicated in this fraud too? He knew about it, he participated in the shows, so he is not innocent in these charges.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    Isn't Dave implicated in this fraud too? He knew about it, he participated in the shows, so he is not innocent in these charges.
    There is no way to know for sure. It is possible the meetings went something like this:
    Producers: We need more action to keep the viewers.
    Star1 of the show: You could always "salt" the lockers (using terminology from the complaint)
    Star2 of the show: I don't feel comfortable with that. I think it is lying.
    Star1 of the show: I have no problem with it.

Producer then "salts" the lockers of Star 1 and maybe even Star 2, but it happens without Star 2's direct knowledge. Just as an example the producers could claim they need to get in the locker when other people not present to add lights (occasionally you can see they obviously added lighting and/or taped over brand names in some scenes) and at that time add a few things to locker.

Not saying this is happening but it could be a way that someone has knowledge of what is happening without directly participating.

Like I said before only the producers, staff, and stars can actually know for sure. (Although it is pretty obvious in the TruTv knock-off of this show.)
    cablejockey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post
    Right -- "if the allegations are true." There's an awful lot of speculation on this thread based on that very big word IF.

And let's not forget who started all this -- the aggressive, entitled playground bully with the huge chip on his shoulder. Maybe if he wins this lawsuit he can afford some therapy to deal with his issues.
    I really think in Dave's case it's a combo of huge losses in sales and that he demanded a higher salary than the others (probably thinking he is the sole star of the show) and the producers said no.

The former of course he's losing sales because he a. overestimates what he can get for them to "win" on this show and b. the edit on him shows him as a complete and utter mule, and while they can hamfist it, he is giving them fodder to edit this way.

It just screams blackmail and extortion to me quite honestly.
    cablejockey, march and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    The former of course he's losing sales because he a. overestimates what he can get for them to "win" on this show and b. the edit on him shows him as a complete and utter mule, and while they can hamfist it, he is giving them fodder to edit this way.
    I find they all do the overestimating thing. Some of the prices they claim something is worth is sometimes more than buying it new. When they get a piece appraised, we are told what they can possibly get for it not what they actually get for it.
    I also watch Auction Hunters and find that they give much more realistic prices of what they sell things for.

Appraisals are just that though - an estimate. That's why I find Barry's more often than not refreshing because most of the time his buddies do BOTH the estimate and what they'd purchase it for (roughly the true sale price) to show the truth behind the hype.

Then again Barry usually just either keeps the items, just gives it away after getting the estimate or takes the lesser amount anyway. I really do think he is what he appears - well enough off he can do this for fun.

And this is also why I loathe Dave to the T.

BTW - is Darrell not doing the wars anymore? Will admit I haven't seen a lot of the new eps but it seems he's missing.
    jucamer likes this.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Gosh, MD, I have watched tons of SW and I really cannot place him? Hmmm. So I am guessing he was on the CALI SW show. Was he on often?
    RIP, Mark.

WHEN IS THIS SHOW COMING BACK? I see allot of SW TEXAS. I want CALI.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread