Closed Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palins Alaska

Re: Sarah Palins Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4108344;
    Ditto for the ratings of Jersey Shore, but that doesn't make it a good show worthy of being watched. People watch all kinds of crap.
    I have never seen one episode of Jersey Shore, nor have I been watching Sarah Palins Alaska. I choose to watch neither because of the pandering that each of these shows brings to the table.

Where Sarah Palin is concerned there is no way to separate politics from the mix. I truly believe that she is delusional enough to believe that she is qualified to run this country as President, and that is very scary to me. I hope and pray that the Republican Party does not buy into this.

FoRTer

I agree that where Palin is concerned, there does seem to be no way to separate politics from the mix. I enjoyed the episode as a travelogue, but did sort of cringe at some of her comments that can easily have double meanings.
    Newsweek dot com has a humorous piece, Sarah Palin's 'Alaska': 7 Secret Political Messages in Her New Reality Show.
    Watching Sarah Palin's new reality show Alaska is like listening to Sgt. Pepper. You want to play it again, slow it down and then try it backwards to find the "hidden" messages. For example, while attempting to flee a real mama-grizzly bear by boat, she says, "Of all times, we're snagged on a rock." Or did she say, "We're snagged on Iraq?"...
    It's pretty tongue-in-cheek, and I especially liked the part referring to Mark Burnett as the new political kingmaker (since he's producing both Palin and Trump).
    Last edited by coltnlasma; 11-20-2010 at 03:41 PM.

I saw that interview with Barbara Bush too. Love her. The comment was something like "She seems to really love it up there in Alaska. She should stay there."
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4110140;
    Gotta love Momma Bush!!!

I just saw that too...it was hysterical, yes she said she was very beautiful, she seems to love Alaska and I hope she stays there!!!!

The best part was the sweet smile she had on her face as she said it!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

We loved the show. Not a Palin fan, but the scenery is breath taking and so worth watchng. Actually this was better then some documentaries I've seen on
    Alaska. I recommend, as some one else stated, turn the volume down and enjoy the scenery.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

FORT Fan

The scenery was very beautiful! That's the beauty of TV, we can choose to watch what we want and turn off what we don't. Now if there was a show called Barack Obama's Hawaii, and as much as I love Hawaiian scenery, I wouldn't be watching!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I really love Barbara Bush!

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch this show because of Sarah Palin, but I hear such great things about the scenery, that I am a little tempted. They showed a small clip on The Daily Show and Sarah Palin used the example of her tall fence being what our country needs, and it irritated me. She's going to make all her little folksy comments and mix her folksy political messages into it and I just don't think I can watch it without getting a gun and shooting my television. J/K

Article on HuffPo including the video clip with Barbara Bush: Barbara Bush Jabs Sarah Palin: 'I Hope She Stays' In Alaska (VIDEO)

I must say, I didn't have much of an opinion of her when her husband was in office, but this isn't the first time she's made comments in the press that made me like her. That's probably because she's much more free to speak her mind now.

I was pleasantly impressed with the show. I am a Palin fan but thought the show might be a bad idea. I think it made her and her family appear in a positive light and definately showcased the beauty of alaska. I hope there are not a lot of the "not-so-subtle" political messages because it just gives her detractors ammunition to blast her. I think people get her political message (like the fence or the mamma bears) without having her blatantly point it out.

Seems like so far it has good ratings and looking around the net more people were pleasantly surprised. The folks who don't like her won't change their minds but I think it may sway the folks that were on the fence about her.

I read some about the "neighbor" and it seems like his m.o. is to move next to his writing targets. His complaints about him being shown are baseless because he was sitting out in the open where he was publically visible. They never say his name or show his face. I think it's funny that he is making a stink about his privacy when his method for book research is to watch his subject in their home enviornment. Nice double-standard.

I am excited to see more of the show and more of Alaska.

Closed Thread