Closed Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palins Alaska

Re: Sarah Palins Alaska

I've always been fascinated by the beauty of Alaska and have wanted to take 1 of those cruises up there. I understand the scenery is just breathtaking.
    However, I could not watch this show with the Palins in it. SDorry, but it's just not my cup of tea to give this family any more exposure than they already have.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fanatic

The ratings are through the roof so people are watching. I am and I'll continue to do so.

and I won't - and everyone is entitled to their opinions.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;4108040;
    and I won't - and everyone is entitled to their opinions.
    Exactly.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;4108033;
    The ratings are through the roof so people are watching. I am and I'll continue to do so.
    Ditto for the ratings of Jersey Shore, but that doesn't make it a good show worthy of being watched. People watch all kinds of crap.

As my husband said, Hitler (not in any way calling her that AT ALL!) could show off Alaska and it would still be breathtaking. The state is the star, not her.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4107983;
    And to clarify that, he did say it but he wasn't talking about her. She didn't grasp what he was saying, assumed he was speaking of her and ran with it. I watched his speech where that comment was made and he was absolutely not talking about Palin.
    and to further clarify it was her own running mate McCain who FIRST used the lipstick on a pig comment

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4107945;
    The science behind these "environmental" reasons is questionable and even S.P. herself didn't claim it has anything to do with the environment. It's strictly because she sees human hunters to be in competition with wolves over moose and caribou, and wants to even it out in favor of hunters.

Her deadly wolf program - Sarah Palin - Salon.com
    Also, it's what the people of Alaska want. Wolves aren't endangered there, I even saw one as road kill within the Anchorage city limits when I visited. So in the more accessible hunting areas, where the wolf shooting was allowed, they are seen in much the same way as many people see coyotes in the lower 48. At least that seemed to be the opinion of people I met there.
    Also, I love Alaska and its people, and want to visit again and possibly even work there some summers when I finish school. But I would strongly encourage anyone who is disturbed by hunting, fishing, seeing furs and hides of varios animals, etc. to stay home, or if you do go stick to a cruise where you don't have toi see much byond tourist traps in the port cities.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4108344;
    Ditto for the ratings of Jersey Shore, but that doesn't make it a good show worthy of being watched. People watch all kinds of crap.
    Thank you Lucky22 for summing it up (the popularity of SP's Alaska show) in two, simple sentences.

Environmental reasons meaning: to control the wildlife population, to increase wildlife population available for hunting, to protect livestock...

Hunting is an important source of food for many Alaskans and is also a large source of tourism dollars for the state. Controlling of the wolf population has been done for a long time, before Palin ever entered the picture.

I think many people believe things about Palin that are just media myths, like that she enjoys shooting wolves from helicopters or said she could see Russia from her house etc etc

Someone was attributing the phrase lipstick on a pig to Palin when it was Obama that said it during the election. I'm sure lots of people has used the phrase as it is an American saying. I saw Obama's speech and when he said that, before there was any media outcry, and I thought it was in poor taste and his speech writers should have realized how it would sound.

Closed Thread