Closed Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palins Alaska

Re: Sarah Palins Alaska

It seems to me that if anyone would want to see a movie about Alaska would watch some other channel like National Geographic. It would be much more informative than listening to Palin talk.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Not if you want the perspective of an "outdoorsy" woman who thinks it's fun to shoot wolves from a helicopter. National Geographic might actually appreciate the wildlife its filming.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;4106476;
    I find it hypocritical that she criticized Obama for "going Hollywood" and what does she so? She creates her reality television show.
    I simply cannot and will not watch this 8-week political ad that only props up her appeal more so and readies the public for when she runs for president. Everytime she says this show isn't for political gain I will keep saying "She's not going to bamboozle me..."
    I'm not for or against Sarah Palin, politically or just in general but I don't find her participating in a reality show to be something that would make me think more highly about her prospects for running for President. To me, it's just not appropriate for someone seeking the highest office in the country. I find her to be very intelligent, attractive and savvy about a lot of things but doing this just lowers my opinion of her. Bad choice, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4106504;
    Not if you want the perspective of an "outdoorsy" woman who thinks it's fun to shoot wolves from a helicopter. National Geographic might actually appreciate the wildlife its filming.
    Oh God... and people want to support this woman???

Yeah, NatGeo would have more respect for its viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4106533;
    I'm not for or against Sarah Palin, politically or just in general but I don't find her participating in a reality show to be something that would make me think more highly about her prospects for running for President. To me, it's just not appropriate for someone seeking the highest office in the country. I find her to be very intelligent, attractive and savvy about a lot of things but doing this just lowers my opinion of her. Bad choice, IMHO.
    I feel that she honestly thinks that doing this show will prop up her political appeal. The best political ad ever, in my opinion.

You all will probably want to skewer and roast me over an open flame for this...but I like her and I enjoyed the show. I didn't say I agree with her politics...but I love Sarah's personality. She's upbeat and positive in an "aw shucks by gosh" kind of way...and for whatever reason is embedded deep in my psyche...if she was around me..I'd gravitate to her. The family seems fairly typical...teenagers, preteens, young ones and attitudes. Todd seems ever patient and supportive. The scenery is positively spectacular.

And as for that book writing nosey neighbor.....I'd smile, wave even pose for photos as I strolled by. Of course I might occasionally have my middle finger extended......ha ha!!!

Here's to you Palins..and the beautiful state of Alaska.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;4106805;
    You all will probably want to skewer and roast me over an open flame for this...but I like her and I enjoyed the show. I didn't say I agree with her politics...but I love Sarah's personality. She's upbeat and positive in an "aw shucks by gosh" kind of way...and for whatever reason is embedded deep in my psyche...if she was around me..I'd gravitate to her. The family seems fairly typical...teenagers, preteens, young ones and attitudes. Todd seems ever patient and supportive. The scenery is positively spectacular.

And as for that book writing nosey neighbor.....I'd smile, wave even pose for photos as I strolled by. Of course I might occasionally have my middle finger extended......ha ha!!!

Here's to you Palins..and the beautiful state of Alaska.
    You know what else? Sarah won't run for the presidency - even if they beg her to, which isn't likely. Democrats pray she'll run. But she won't! It would be much too large a pay cut for her to be a public servant again. She's raking in the cash these days!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Poppy, no skewering, no roasting! The show is beautifully filmed, and when managed by paid sycophantic handlers and aggrandizement experts, Palin looks and sounds quite average. I love the show, and Palin and family are entertaining in this venue.

However, I detest Palin for setting women in politics back fifty years. Her folksy lack of intellect, her inability and/or refusal to understand complex governance issues, her determination to oversimplify, i.e. lipstick on a pig, mamma grizzly, her pandering to the least able and least intelligent among us, along with her continued dishonesty-- well, those are her best qualities, and I'm not liking what she's done to the political landscape.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

No roasting, no skewering. This show is entertaining, and Palin's in her glory.

I really do think Palin's found her niche. It's being reported that she's made over $12M this year. I think (hope) that America's safe from her now.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 11-16-2010 at 10:20 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4107126;
    No roasting, no skewering. This show is entertaining, and Palin's in her glory.

I really do think Palin's found her niche. It's being reported that she's made over $12M this year. I think (hope) that America's safe from her now.
    But is Alaska?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Closed Thread