Closed Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: Sarah Palins Alaska

Re: Sarah Palins Alaska

So, I take it that this campaign videologue is still on the air?

Quote Originally Posted by candor;4131202;
    ...But then Sarah opens her mouth. How many strawman attacks can she fit in one show? I counted three in the last episode alone.

Did people really give her a hard time for not aborting Trig? Seriously? Was there anyone in Alaska who criticized her for having her children by her side? (Unless she twisted complaints about taxpayers funding extravagant per diems, but that's another story.) And did Michelle Obama ever say that Americans shouldn't have dessert? Of course not.
    This is precisely why I find her "Life, itís 10 percent circumstances, 90 percent how you react to circumstances" comment so laughably ironic. Her general reaction to circumstances tends to be pugnacious and/or self-pitying, and that speaks volumes about her character or lack thereof.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Circumsatnces...get yourself elected Governor of Alaska

Reaction to Circumstances...quit!

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4122239;
    To me this is exactly what the people of Detroit (which I live outside of) and the rust belt need to see......to see people through hard work, drive and belief in themselves succeed and if need be do whatever it takes to bring the bacon home......even if its a job (or 2 or 3) beneath you....

.......its not about handouts from the government and becoming lazy in your work ethic from giving up too quickly.
    Talk about making assumptions about an entire group of people. The national unemployment rate is at 7 percent and I can guarantee you a majority of the unemployed are not sitting on their backsides collecting government handouts. In fact, I would imagine there are people on this board who are struggling, doing everything they can to keep their heads above water.
    To make a judgment that poor people living in the city want to be poor because they are lazy is an old, tired and factually incorrect argument.
    And I'll say it again, last time I checked there weren't herds of caribou roaming through the streets of Detroit or rivers teaming with fish just begging to be caught by lazy city folk who could learn a thing or two from Sarah Palin's `work 'ethic(which seems to be quit your job when things get tough). You are comparing apples to oranges in suggesting people in the city learn a thing or two about self support by watching Sarah Palin's Alaska. Your comparison is faulty. I'd like to know where you came up with the statics showing that the majority of unemployed in the city are turning down part time jobs. There will always be lazy people in every part of society in every part of the world, but do not use them as an example of how the majority of people struggling in poverty live. If it takes government assistance to get by then I will not judge, it isn't my place and for those who have never ever been without a home or have never found themselves down to their last nickel due to a variety of circumstances beyond their control I don't think they have any right to judge.
    We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

Thank you Redsox !! You are right, people want to work!

Palin's hunt fish catch murder the animals mentality is no longer a part of the American way of life. It may be a way to pretend it's necessary, but not real. No, not even in Alaska for most residents, unless you just love to kill animals for what you call sport.

I just returned from giving out a car and trunk load of childrens' gifts and clothing at the parking lot of a soup kitchen where Christmas dinner is being served in a small town near me. I collect what I can all year long for this event. The meal servers are feeding upwards of 6,000 people today: that's 10% of the town's population - but they're coming from all over the county in church vans and private school's busses. There are no jobs in that town. Really, no jobs. The classified ads have maybe two jobs a day listed, and they're for people with advanced degrees, for places that have a policy of publishing jobs that have already been filled.

People want to work, make no mistake about it. Palin's rhetoric falls flat as a pancake. Her assumptions are hideously wrong wrong wrong.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I don't see Sarah Palin's show as separate from her political aspirations. She, herself, doesn't keep them separate. Subtlety truly is not her strong suit, and her show commentary evidences this. If she would stop using the show a platform, there would be no comment on that aspect of it.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I invite everyone to take their comments to the Current Events forum. We're no longer interested in hosting a show thread, since it repeatedly breaks down into discussion of other topics.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Closed Thread