Closed Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palins Alaska

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Sarah Palins Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4128422;
    Even if I were not having a good time, for the sake of my children, I would let them enjoy the experience and shut my mouth about it.
    I would not have taken my children there to begin with. Then again, I'm not Kate G. whose kids are for sale. Apparently, so are the Palin kids.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4128460;
    I would not have taken my children there to begin with. Then again, I'm not Kate G. whose kids are for sale. Apparently, so are the Palin kids.
    I love to camp, and I camp with kids, but I wouldn't be up to camping in Alaska. That camping spot made me very nervous - not for bears, but with so many children to be around so much rushing water! I assume it's freezing cold water since they're in Alaska, and I'd be worried about one of my kids falling in and being carried away. That's why it stuck out to me that she was just sitting sourly under the canopy, not looking around or counting heads or doing anything that looked like she cared where her brood was.

The rest of the evening was so heavy-handed. Yes, the rest of America is going to think her family are "nerds" because they play charades. I get tired of the defensive attitude - she's either hypersensitive to what people think of her (nope) or she is trying hard to convince us of something. I don't warm to that at all.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4128542;
    I love to camp, and I camp with kids, but I wouldn't be up to camping in Alaska. That camping spot made me very nervous - not for bears, but with so many children to be around so much rushing water! I assume it's freezing cold water since they're in Alaska, and I'd be worried about one of my kids falling in and being carried away. That's why it stuck out to me that she was just sitting sourly under the canopy, not looking around or counting heads or doing anything that looked like she cared where her brood was.

The rest of the evening was so heavy-handed. Yes, the rest of America is going to think her family are "nerds" because they play charades. I get tired of the defensive attitude - she's either hypersensitive to what people think of her (nope) or she is trying hard to convince us of something. I don't warm to that at all.
    My family and I are avid campers, too. But true wilderness camping is not something I'd do with 8 little kids. There are so many better, more accessible, less remote choices in Alaska for camping! I thought the site was a poor choice. Accessible only by boat plane, it would be hard to get emergency medical help if that was required. I wonder if TLC had a boat-plane onsite? I really cannot imagine taking children there without one.

I'd also want my kids to sleep in a safer, warmer shelter than what seemed to have been provided. Maybe what was shown on camera was not the actual provisioning of the campsite?
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I'm with you Poppy. I would never take little kids out in the wilderness like that. It just isn't safe with the bears and all. I don't blame Kate for wanting to leave but I do think she could have handled it a little better.

She seemed like she didn't want to be there as soon as she got out of the car at Palin's house.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B;4128636;
    She seemed like she didn't want to be there as soon as she got out of the car at Palin's house.
    It looked to me as though Kate lost interest in the episode as soon as she and Sarah finished commiserating on the paparazzi and what a pain in the neck they are. After that, Kate seemed to realize that the filming wasn't going to be all about her on fabulousness, and she zoned out.

I read where Sarah was asked about the episode on "The O'Reilly Factor." Her response to Kate's behavior: “That episode certainly reflected a life lesson that I’m a believer in,” Palin said. “And that is: Life, it’s 10 percent circumstances, 90 percent how you react to circumstances. I think that was illustrated in that episode.”

Zing!!!!!

I was appalled, and I now think Kate Gosselin is 100% a flake. She was COMPLETELY unwilling to participate in any activity at the campsite whatsoever. I just can't express my disgust. She acted like you'd expect a nap-deprived 2-yr-old to act.

I'm not a Palin fan, but Sarah's right... it's how you REACT that defines your character. I think Kate's (lack of) character is now clear to everyone.

And I'm sure the safety of all was well-thought-out in advance by producers and agents and participants. The remoteness of the campsite would've been necessary in order to keep public gawkers & looky-loos away. I don't like being cold, but I've camped in winter and when you're dressed right, you don't get cold. Clothing is magic. The little kids seemed to be having a good time. I feel really bad for the Gosselin kids that their mom was such an embarrassing sourpuss. She needs to toughen up.

It almost appears as if Kate refused to go but a huge sum of money was dangled in front of her and/or her agent made her do it so Kate signed some kind of "minimum activity" clause to make sure she got paid and was determined to not do one single thing above/beyond the minimum required.

Regarding the charades, hey, families do weird family-togetherness things when they camp. That's typical of a good family camping trip. Some families sing, some play games, some tell stories, some sit around the fire and don't talk, basically you can do whatever you want. But leave the electronics at home

I genuinely hoped this show might surprise me and change my mind about Palin. Like when Stuttering John, who I thought was obnoxious on Howard Stern, turned out to be a funny and decent guy on "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here."

There are some things to like about Palin's family. Her father is charming -- reminds me of my grandfather minus a few animal skulls. Trig is adorable, and Piper seems smart and feisty. But then Sarah opens her mouth. How many strawman attacks can she fit in one show? I counted three in the last episode alone.

Did people really give her a hard time for not aborting Trig? Seriously? Was there anyone in Alaska who criticized her for having her children by her side? (Unless she twisted complaints about taxpayers funding extravagant per diems, but that's another story.) And did Michelle Obama ever say that Americans shouldn't have dessert? Of course not.

The woman is a meanspirited ball of grievance more motivated by settling personal scores than by any desire to serve the country. The show reinforces my opinion that every word that comes out of her mouth is a lie, including "the" and "a."
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

She's all about smoke and mirrors. The First Lady never said children should not have dessert, she said that children need to eat more healthy foods.

This is typical Sarah. I like your "Strawman" comment, this is exactly what she's done time and time again.

She also seems unfamiliar with the letter "G"...I'm just sayin'.

Candor - your strawman observation is right on. Palin makes up outrageous statements that she pretends people have made to attack her; then repeats them over and over as if the statements were actually made.

What the woman actually says and does is bad enough; no one needs to make up anything about this idiot.

Here's the problem - there are millions of undereducated, overchallenged voters who see Palin as a national treasure; when in reality the media is allowing this braincell starved woman to drag down our entire country with her banal and inane comments. I despise her.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;4131436;
    Here's the problem - there are millions of undereducated, overchallenged voters who see Palin as a national treasure; when in reality the media is allowing this braincell starved woman to drag down our entire country with her banal and inane comments. I despise her.
    Thankfully, however, not nearly enough to elect her.

Closed Thread