Closed Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palins Alaska

Re: Sarah Palins Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by misterteetoo;4126082;
    ?

Can those with hunting experience explain if they have eve shoot and missed and had the target just sit there for another half dozen shots? If no one has experienced this, how did they kept the animal there? Was it chained?
    Thay were shooting from a really long distance at any rate-it appeared to be a couple of hundred yards at least. (Telephoto lenses on cameras "shorten' the depth of field so things look closer together )
    So the source of the noise was at a distance where it wouldn't be as loud, and wouldn't be close enough to indicate danger. Even at closer range, the animal tends to just walk off in a hurry, or run a short distance and stop, if it's not hit.

I'm surprised that so many people hate camping, or view it as something to be 'tolerated for the kids". I love it and did camp a few nights on my second AK trip. I do require an air mattress these days though! Then again, for me, after ten minutes or so, it's all the facial and massage I can stand, the hair stylist is something to tolerate, and I would never pay over $50 for a purse (and that's only a theory, as I've never gone over 30 for one). Nor do I care for all inclusive resorts, etc. and am not interested in Disney World either. (I'm not 100% hick, I do enjoy museums, music of all kinds, and fairs and festivals) It takes all kinds to make a world!!

I didn't see the Kate Goss-whatever camping show, but it sounds to me as if it's a shame they didn't just send the kids and leave her a$$ in Anchorage, though from the sounds of it even Anchorage might be too rustic for her. But that wouldn't be enough drama for reality TV!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4126360;
    When Hilary was stumping for the nomination? Chelsea was busy making wedding plans, she wasn't a special needs infant.
    You're right Rattus, I forgot about that. For some reason my mind must have gone back to the time Bill Clinton was running where Chelsea was still a young girl. My bad.

I love how Todd is such a hands-on dad to all the kids. The segment that showed him with the special needs infant was very touching and since Sarah mentioned how Todd jumps in and does whatever is necessary and how beautifully they work as a team, I don't doubt the young child is well taken care of when Sarah does need to be away. The grandparents are very hands on as well.

I think it was creative how the Palins have their home set up for Sarah to participate on FOX TV that prevents less travel time. I also give the two of them a lot of credit seeing the proof is in the pudding - All the kids seem very well grounded, hard working, goal oriented, and happy, especially when compared to most of the lazy, partying, going nowhere "I deserve" Housewives kids that have absolute morons for parents that wouldn't know how to lead by example if they tried.
    Last edited by Oompaloopa; 12-14-2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: forgot a word
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oompaloopa;4126412;
    I also give the two of them a lot of credit seeing the proof is in the pudding - All the kids seem very well grounded, hard working, goal oriented, and happy, especially when compared to most of the lazy, partying, going nowhere "I deserve" Housewives kids that have absolute morons for parents that wouldn't know how to lead by example if they tried.
    What goals and hard work? Are we watching the same kids? Other than the son who is away in the military, the children seem more or less unmotivated to me. Did Bristol even get a GED? She and Piper frequently publish comment on the Facebook pages, and they sound barely literate. My impression of them is that they are every bit as overprivileged, self-entitled, and rude as the RH kids.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4126418;
    What goals and hard work? Are we watching the same kids? Other than the son who is away in the military, the children seem more or less unmotivated to me. Did Bristol even get a GED? She and Piper frequently publish comment on the Facebook pages, and they sound barely literate. My impression of them is that they are every bit as overprivileged, self-entitled, and rude as the RH kids.
    And isn't the son in the military because he committed a crime and was given the choice of either jail time or the military?

Not to mention the trouble Willow was in not too long ago. Her and a group of friends (who all say she was the ringleader) broke into a home and partied there for like three days. Numerous items were broken and the place was left in shambles. Not to mention all the stuff they stole.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4126418;
    Bristol DID graduate from High School - with a GPA of 3.497. Hardly seems like someone who is "barely literate".

Bristol Palin Gets Her High School Diploma - Bristol Palin - Zimbio

Hey guys, as a reminder (again) if you want to discuss the Palins in depth take it to the Current Events forum. This thread is to discuss the show currently airing.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Palin was such a good sport on the camping trip - cold rain and all. The Gosselin woman, being an adult, should have bucked up and joined the activities, if for no other reason than to support the children, who really were having fun despite the weather. And Palin reacted in a rather nice way, didn't say anything pejorative on camera. Wow, Alaska is beautiful, even through the mist! I did notice she gets that "...see all the way to Russia" comment into every scene she can work it in. Guess she thinks if she joins the joke it'll erase the fact that she's not intelligent.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

You know, I think she's really in her element here, like she was with the kids - they were having a great time! - and if we didn't have to worry about her getting back into the political ring, I could really enjoy the show and stop thinking it's all a PR stunt.

I caught the most recent one and wow, that Kate Gosselin is a horrible person. What kind of mother pulls away her kids having a fantastic time, literally eating s'mores, says they're not Gosselins because they don't want to leave with her, and makes them leave? Another thing she did was sit under that canopy the whole time, letting everyone else watch and tend her kids all day. The grandfather even said he liked "watching the kids" which is fine, but obviously expected everyone else to parent her kids because she was too distressed by the dirt. She sat there with a big sourpuss look on her face the entire time. I haven't seen any of the Kate shows in a while and I'd almost forgotten how self-centered she is.

I'm finding that SP's show is too irritating to watch more of, though. Sarah clearly enjoys the outdoor lifestyle, and she does seem to be a real go-getting type A personality. But she has this manner of talking on and on in a way I find annoying, and in person it would drive me crazy the way she has to tell stories about everything and repeat the same jokes.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4128312;
    I caught the most recent one and wow, that Kate Gosselin is a horrible person. What kind of mother pulls away her kids having a fantastic time, literally eating s'mores, says they're not Gosselins because they don't want to leave with her, and makes them leave? Another thing she did was sit under that canopy the whole time, letting everyone else watch and tend her kids all day. The grandfather even said he liked "watching the kids" which is fine, but obviously expected everyone else to parent her kids because she was too distressed by the dirt. She sat there with a big sourpuss look on her face the entire time. I haven't seen any of the Kate shows in a while and I'd almost forgotten how self-centered she is.

I'm finding that SP's show is too irritating to watch more of, though. Sarah clearly enjoys the outdoor lifestyle, and she does seem to be a real go-getting type A personality. But she has this manner of talking on and on in a way I find annoying, and in person it would drive me crazy the way she has to tell stories about everything and repeat the same jokes.
    Even if I were not having a good time, for the sake of my children, I would let them enjoy the experience and shut my mouth about it.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Closed Thread