Closed Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 187

Thread: Sarah Palins Alaska

  1. #151
    FORT Fan Oompaloopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    370

    Re: Sarah Palins Alaska

    Setting politics and Kate BOSSY-Lin aside for now, I love this show for its amazingly beautiful scenery. I have never seen anything so majestic, peaceful, and inviting.

    One point I would like to make is if Sarah is planning to run for President, just like Hillary Clinton or any male candidate, it's needful to be in the media as much as possible as are efforts to raise money, via authoring a book, then attending book signings, speaking engagements, etc. Who stayed home with Chelsea when Hillary was on the road? it takes a lot of sacrifices to become the President of the United States. I believe Sarah Palin did a great job governing Alaska....ask the majority of Alaskan's and I think they will agree. As for being ready to take the top seat of command? The jury is still out.

    One piece of advice I have for Sarah would be for her to hire a voice coach. She has such an irritating grate to her voice and a horrible command on the English language by slaughtering words, for example, "gunna, goin, comin, ya" etc. She leaves off the ING on most of her words and would sound far better saying YES, instead of YA! Not only that but she could get her point across using far less vocabulary. People from England say the American's slaughter the English language. I agree.

    I love the Palin family dynamics and values as well as their “down-to-earth” approach on life.

    Please get Kate BOSSY-Lin off my screen! Love her kids, can’t tolerate the mothers tirades.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

  2. #152
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: Sarah Palins Alaska

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4125911;
    I don't camp, I can't stand it, but I would be willing to deal with it to see Alaska. Of course it couldn't be for more then 2 nights!
    I've been to Alaska - and I would be unwilling to camp there unless the campsite was in one of Alaska's notable state parks AND it was the right time of year. Camping and "bear practice" with guns isn't my idea of a good time. Neither is camping is the rain and freezing to the bone.

    Heads up to anyone looking forward to an Alaskan-novice camping experience: Do not choose a site that is accessible only by boat-plane. Boat, OK. Plane, OK. Boat-plane - no way. Especially if you are going with children.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

  3. #153
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,198

    Re: Sarah Palins Alaska

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4125989;
    I've been to Alaska - and I would be unwilling to camp there unless the campsite was in one of Alaska's notable state parks AND it was the right time of year. Camping and "bear practice" with guns isn't my idea of a good time. Neither is camping is the rain and freezing to the bone.

    Heads up to anyone looking forward to an Alaskan-novice camping experience: Do not choose a site that is accessible only by boat-plane. Boat, OK. Plane, OK. Boat-plane - no way. Especially if you are going with children.
    And I have seen one too many camping horror flicks!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  4. #154
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    65

    Re: Sarah Palins Alaska

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4122097;
    Sarah did not exactly look like a crack shot in this kill. It took her several tries to bring the cariou down and it was not clear that they were all "clear" misses, not woundings.

    Sarah Palin and Her Father Hunt and Kill a Caribou (VIDEO)
    I know nothing about hunting, but I would imagine that an animal being targeted and shot at would split after the first shot is heard. This animal basically pranced back and forth for several minutes as SP kept shooting at it and missing. Also, what's with her dad saying that it won't runaway? Why would it just sit there?

    Can those with hunting experience explain if they have eve shoot and missed and had the target just sit there for another half dozen shots? If no one has experienced this, how did they kept the animal there? Was it chained?

  5. #155
    Kiz
    Kiz is offline
    FORT Fogey Kiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    951

    Re: Sarah Palins Alaska

    Quote Originally Posted by misterteetoo;4126082;
    I know nothing about hunting, but I would imagine that an animal being targeted and shot at would split after the first shot is heard. This animal basically pranced back and forth for several minutes as SP kept shooting at it and missing. Also, what's with her dad saying that it won't runaway? Why would it just sit there?

    Can those with hunting experience explain if they have eve shoot and missed and had the target just sit there for another half dozen shots? If no one has experienced this, how did they kept the animal there? Was it chained?
    One theory as to why an animal may not react to the sound of a gun shot is that they think it's thunder. An unfamiliar sound, such as a human voice, may be more likely to scare them off.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

  6. #156
    FORT Fogey nanarama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,391

    Re: Sarah Palins Alaska

    I don't think it was THAT cold. I read that the temp. was about 53 degrees. That's not warm, but in a coat and "19" layers I think I could handle it - even in a drizzle.

  7. #157
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: Sarah Palins Alaska

    Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;4126108;
    I don't think it was THAT cold. I read that the temp. was about 53 degrees. That's not warm, but in a coat and "19" layers I think I could handle it - even in a drizzle.
    That's normal for Alaskan summers. Not exactly warm, add rain and wind chill (and sunset) and sleeping outdoors can be anything but comfortable. You need the proper gear and proper shelter.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

  8. #158
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: Sarah Palins Alaska

    Quote Originally Posted by Oompaloopa;4125955;
    Who stayed home with Chelsea when Hillary was on the road?
    When Hilary was stumping for the nomination? Chelsea was busy making wedding plans, she wasn't a special needs infant.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  9. #159
    FORT Fogey nanarama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,391

    Re: Sarah Palins Alaska

    Don't you know TLC is loving the press that Kate's behavior is (once again) getting? If it had been a nice, uneventful camping trip with everyone sitting happily around the campfire singing Kumbaya, not many people would be talking about it afterward. And ratings depend on people getting excited about a show - even if the buzz is negative. TPTB at TLC must be thrilled!

  10. #160
    FORT Fogey ASassyKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Sarah Palins Alaska

    Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;4126363;
    Don't you know TLC is loving the press that Kate's behavior is (once again) getting? If it had been a nice, uneventful camping trip with everyone sitting happily around the campfire singing Kumbaya, not many people would be talking about it afterward. And ratings depend on people getting excited about a show - even if the buzz is negative. TPTB at TLC must be thrilled!
    That's why Kate is such a draw, you can count on her to have a meltdown at any given point. In that sense she's ratings gold.

    The camping was fun, albeit I'm not as young as I once was and enjoy creature comforts. However, the kids were having a blast, so even I would suck it up for the sake of the kids having a once in a lifetime experience.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.