Closed Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palins Alaska

Re: Sarah Palins Alaska

at MsDiva. That is almost exactly what my son said to me. He said he was flipping through the channels and came across her show. He said he watched for a little while hoping she would get eaten by a bear, but when that didn't happen, he changed the channel before her grating voice got the chance to burst his ear drum!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I only watched the show last night to see Kate make a jerk of herself. She didn't disappoint. What a cry baby whiner! Her kids were more mature than she was!

Last night was the first episode of this series that I have caught...and while I may not think that Sarah Palin is the best candidate to run from president I find her to be a very interesting person. Kate on the other hand is like baby pablum bland and tasteless. She is such a "me" person. Many times I have been cold and uncomfortable while camping or doing some other activity with my son. As a mother you suck it up and do what is in the best interest of your child - but then we are talking about Kate!

Regarding a previous post of who looks after Sarah's DS son when she is travelling? I thought during the election campaign it stated that her husband is a stay at home dad?
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

I didn't watch the episode with Kate Gosselin - and have never seen any of her shows on TLC either. But it seems like Kate did not know anything about camping or even what the weather would be like in Alaska. What exactly was she expecting? I just don't get the fascination that the media has with her or with Sarah Palin. The best thing that could happen to us is for their 15 minutes of fame to run out.

As far as last night's episode ...

KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;4125735;
    I didn't watch the episode with Kate Gosselin - and have never seen any of her shows on TLC either. But it seems like Kate did not know anything about camping or even what the weather would be like in Alaska. What exactly was she expecting? I just don't get the fascination that the media has with her or with Sarah Palin. The best thing that could happen to us is for their 15 minutes of fame to run out.
    Kate was a real party-pooper. Her kids were having a blast. Sarah loaded them up with fun activities that were educational (her dad is retired educator) he had them learning about salmon teeth and other cool science related things. Sarah then got them busy fishing and helping them set up camp. Kate's kids were all smiles and really clicked with Piper Palin. Unfortunately A) Kate was jealous everyone was having fun except her and B) Kate couldn't hack "camping." She made her family leave despite not spending the night. Sarah said "We planned to camp with Kate and the kids and had lunch with them instead." Kate complained the whole time. It rained and was cold however my favorite camping experience with my family it rained the whole time. Also Kate was the only one miserable. The rest had rain coats on and didn't let the rain affect their fun. Some cool quotes though. At beginning when Kate brought kids to Sarah's house at beginning of episode, the kids pulled the tounge out of a stuffed bear Sarah let the kids play with. Kate asked Todd if the toungue was removable. He laughed and said yes. But Kate replied with "Well it is now." That was funny. Sort of sad quote when she was asking the kids if they wanted to leave (all of them said no) she said "You're all Palins now, not Gosselins." Kate made me really mad, and Sarah and her extended family are really great with small kids. That's irregardless of what people think about their politics.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Train wreck is right. I was also amazed at Kate's comment about being the only one who was miserable. She followed that up with "well, someone has to be." No Kate, only in your world does someone have to be miserable. Some of us actually want to have fun and smile sometimes. Something I felt sad about, and maybe I'm reading too much into it, is the Gosselin kids seemed to really enjoy the interaction with the Palin grandfather, something they don't have in their lives if I remember correctly. Maybe he was just interesting to them, but I think it is good for kids to interact with a generation beyond their parents. It gives them a different perspective and kids usually seem to enjoy it. Too bad Kate's misery and jealousy cut the trip short. And Sarah Palin should be thanking TLC for bringing Kate around. It made Sarah look really good by comparison.

I used to really like Sarah Palin until she turned into a complete media whore. I also thought she was a genuine type of person, but then she quit her real job that she got elected to do to be governor, to run for president full time, go on speaking tours at $80K a stop, go on reality TV to help the campaign and generally show everyone "that she's a real outdoors type of man's woman that likes to hunt/fish and camp." Which totally reminds me of John Kerry's infamous ad in 2004 with him walking around in Camo with a shotgun (that he does not own) to play up to the red state gun toating hunter crowd. Then on top of that, to make Sarah look like a normal woman and not a media whore prima donna, they bring in the worst person in reality TV history Kate to make Sarah look like a good person.

I actually watched this episode! I have to say, at my age, I would probably choose not to go camping in Alaska. However, when I was younger or if my children were enjoying themselves and I had previouosly agreed to it, I would certainly have braved the elements and been determined to have a good time. The pitiful thing was when Kate told her kids they were no longer Gosselins if they wanted to stay. What mother says something like that?
    Her meltdown is something I used to see when I watched her show. She has a very low tolerance for things not going her way, which is an unusual characteristic for a mother of a large family. It's a shame she wasn't willing to let her standards (handwashing and so on) slide and to enjoy something out of her comfort zone. The scenery was amazing, the wildlife was facinating and she missed out by her (typical) bad attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;4125885;
    I actually watched this episode! I have to say, at my age, I would probably choose not to go camping in Alaska. However, when I was younger or if my children were enjoying themselves and I had previouosly agreed to it, I would certainly have braved the elements and been determined to have a good time. The pitiful thing was when Kate told her kids they were no longer Gosselins if they wanted to stay. What mother says something like that?
    Her meltdown is something I used to see when I watched her show. She has a very low tolerance for things not going her way, which is an unusual characteristic for a mother of a large family. It's a shame she wasn't willing to let her standards (handwashing and so on) slide and to enjoy something out of her comfort zone. The scenery was amazing, the wildlife was facinating and she missed out by her (typical) bad attitude.
    I don't camp, I can't stand it, but I would be willing to deal with it to see Alaska. Of course it couldn't be for more then 2 nights!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Closed Thread