+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The A-List - New York (Logo)

The A-List - New York (Logo)

It's like Real Housewives, only with the (allegedly) most elite gay men in New York City. Personally, I think they are a few rungs below the true elite; they are more like the ones within the perpetually young 20-30 power twink set.

The only already-famous cast member is Reichen Lehmkuhl, from Amazing Race and Lance Bass fame. He has a new Brazilian boyfriend who is trying to break into modeling, but they've already come this-close to breaking up by episode 3.

This show is about as evil as any Housewives show has ever been. The petty cattiness of the reindeer games these guys play is pretty disgusting. It was kee-kee funny the first couple of weeks, but now it's just awful to witness. It all seems to be purely about social status -- none of these boyz seem to so anything substantial that contributes to society. They only seem to be BFFs will people like that.

Call it the guiltiest of pleasures -- if it remains pleasurable.

The A-List: New York | Official Logo TV Site
    (should be SFW, but understand the subject matter you will be viewing when you click)
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: The A-List - New York (Logo)

I like it! I didn't know if I was going to like the show/cast at the start of the first episode, but now that the 2nd episode has aired, and they're getting pretty familiar to me, I'm really enjoying them! Yes there's some cattiness -- and tons of drama --- but it's fun and interesting, and I will definitely be looking forward to the next episode every week!

FORT Fogey

it sounds very scripted

old cow

Way to set the gay community back Logo

Scripted or not this is a terrible representation of what young, gay men are all about

It may not be fully scripted, but the cast members certainly seem to be aware of what their "roles" within the group are supposed to be. Which is just as bad.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Yes MSwalkoff. That was my impression. Overall Bad acting.

I think its just meant to be eye candy

My boyfriend and I both really like this show. lol I love the cattiness and the drama, that's why I watch reality tv!

I think Ryan and Tj are my favorites. They are fierce and fabulous and I loved what they had to say about Reichen's newly decorated apartment! They sure didn't hold anything back.
    Reichen is annoying and I don't like that he's mean to Rodiney because he seems so sweet.
    Austin is just a douche and I couldn't believe his naked photo shoot! He does not have the body for that at all right now.
    Derek is a bitch and I love it! He's pretty fierce.
    I wish they showed Mike more, though! He was the only one I was familiar with before the show started, because he's shot for ANTM, (I didn't watch Reichen's season of TAR) and I think he seems interesting. I loved the episode that featured his dad!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now;4098551;
    I didn't watch Reichen's season of TAR and I think he seems interesting.

What's TAR, glinda?

ooooooooh, this sounds like my kinda show, LOL!!!!!! when does it come on? i need to add this to my dvr!

i wonder if the logo channel website is still blocked at my job!?!?! bravo used to be, but it isn't anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4090777;
    It's like Real Housewives, only with the (allegedly) most elite gay men in New York City. Personally, I think they are a few rungs below the true elite; they are more like the ones within the perpetually young 20-30 power twink set.

The only already-famous cast member is Reichen Lehmkuhl, from Amazing Race and Lance Bass fame. He has a new Brazilian boyfriend who is trying to break into modeling, but they've already come this-close to breaking up by episode 3.

This show is about as evil as any Housewives show has ever been. The petty cattiness of the reindeer games these guys play is pretty disgusting. It was kee-kee funny the first couple of weeks, but now it's just awful to witness. It all seems to be purely about social status -- none of these boyz seem to so anything substantial that contributes to society. They only seem to be BFFs will people like that.

Call it the guiltiest of pleasures -- if it remains pleasurable.

The A-List: New York | Official Logo TV Site
    (should be SFW, but understand the subject matter you will be viewing when you click)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast