+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Football Wives (VH1)

FORT Fan

Football Wives (VH1)

These ladies actually WORK and know how to hold conversations without coming to blows or acting like complete ghetto trash (unlike the Basketball Wives). These wives seem like REAL women, and it's refreshing not to watch a bunch of drama queens who try to establish themselves become alpha female.

I'm a fan. What do you think so far?

Re: Football Wives (VH1)

LOL, i thought these women were pretty pathetic!

This is the first time I'm hearing of this. I got to do some research and check this out!

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;4091078;
    LOL, i thought these women were pretty pathetic!
    I agree with you!

FORT Fan

Pathetic, huh? Why? I hope you mean less pathetic than those basketball chicks.

Let's get this thread going!

FORT Fan

I'm really surprised the two women got up and left during the bible study....that was extremely rude (although I will say? 3 HOURS? For an informal bible study at home? Wow) They had to have known there was a chance it would run over into the time when they were going to the movie premiere and just declined the bible study invitation. To get up while someone is speaking and leave without saying anything to your host is completely classless.

Two things that I was kinda impressed by-first the girlfriend of the kicker still works two jobs. Sure one may be at Hooters, but I think a lot of women would immediately try to live off their football boyfriend without considering that a kicker doesn't make the same money other players do. I know a lot of people look down on Hooters girls, but bravo to her for continuing to work, and work hard, for her own money.

The other is the blond woman-she may be crazy, over the top with giant pictures of herself and bedazzled photo frames, but it's pretty clear that she and her husband understand that he won't be in football forever and that they need to have a plan for the future. So many athletes blow through their money and are broke by the time that their careers are over, so it was nice to see that they're investing in other businesses for the future.

What confuses me is to why these women are even on. Most of their husbands are RETIRED NFL players.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4092010;
    What confuses me is to why these women are even on. Most of their husbands are RETIRED NFL players.
    I thought the same thing! With the Basketball "Wives", I wondered why these chicks were on if they're not even married, except for that one chick whose marriage was in shambles. And now, these chicks have men who are either retired or leaving the NFL for the bush leagues. I guess we can't have it all when it comes to casting.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4092010;
    thats exactly why they were on this. Bc their husbands are retired, they need the money. A wife , who's husband is in the big leagues, with a secure career and a big contract doesnt need to do a reality show.

I have watched the show because I'm a football and dallas cowboys fan, but I would have to disagree with you about the drama, seems like tons of drama to me so far with the whole, "You can't walk out of my bible study yada yada," and other drama things. But I think it is fairly entertaining, and I would have been surprised if there weren't some drama since these types of shows live for that sort of thing. Seems like there is plenty of snootiness to go around with these chicks. And a definite class system, i.e. the multi-millionaire ex players like Deion Sanders wife, and the ones that are struggling.

+ Reply to Thread