+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harry Loves Lisa (TVLAND)

Re: Harry Loves Lisa (TVLAND)

I love this couple and Lisa's honesty. Will definitely continue to watch this program.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;4081467;
    I love this couple and Lisa's honesty. Will definitely continue to watch this program.
    I'd have a lot more respect for her if she explained why she felt compelled to lie about having silicon lip augmentation for years before admitting it. It was so obvious! I think Harry finally broke down and told her she looked like an alien.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Usually Lisa is the type of person I just don't like... I feel her type is acting for the camera or something. Until the year she was on Dancing With the Stars and they went to her home and she allowed the camera guy with the camera to go right into her bathroom where she was putting on makeup--- and her vanity was a MESS. It looked just like a normal 'mom's' vanity with all her shampoo,makeup,hairspray,etc just all jumbled up.(actually it looked alot worse than mine ever has and I'm not a neat freak) She didn't seem to care that we could all see what a mess it was, she just talked naturally and kept putting on her makeup. I thought then that she seemed like a nice normal person who just happens to be a celebrity.

You can tell from the chemistry between them that she and Harry have a real marriage, not some Hollywood thing. I hope the show is a success.

I have liked Lisa since her days on Days, lol and Harry since LA Law. I really enjoy this show. They've been married for 13 years and seem like a real couple - not so Hollywood. I hope it's doing well in the ratings and will be back for another season. I also hope Harry lands a role worthy of his talents.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4082735;
    I'd have a lot more respect for her if she explained why she felt compelled to lie about having silicon lip augmentation for years before admitting it. It was so obvious! I think Harry finally broke down and told her she looked like an alien.
    One thing about Lisa is that she has one foot in the la-la land of Hollywood and another foot in the world the rest of us can better relate to - at least on some level.

She's caught up in the Hollywood lifestyle but seems to work hard at remaining balanced. Her attempts at both explain any sort of untruth about her surgery.

I didn't necessarily think I wouldn't like this show, but I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I like Harry and Lisa. They seem to genuinely like each other and are really pretty normal....or at least as normal as actors can be. I've been completely charmed by the both of them and their daughters.

Anyone know if a second season is in the works?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4082735;
    I read an interview to where Harry thought she looked beautiful beforehand but that she feels beautiful now and she is happy and that is what counts. If I remember correctly, the show suggested they discuss it and then she found out that procedures had advanced to the point to where they could reconstruct her lip back to more normal. If I remember where I read the interview, I'll post a link.

I'm not finding the show to hold my interest but I was delighted to see how normal Lisa and Harry seem. I agree with those who feel that they have a real marriage and that they work hard at being a good spouse and parent. It's so refreshing to see that, especially here in California with all the crazy ego driven celebs. Yay for them

old cow

Is this the same Harry Hamlin from Clash of the Titans? (original not that crappy remake)

Gosh after reading such positive posts I'm sorry I haven't been watching. The season hasn't ended has it? I guess I can watch it online if it has.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;4097293;
    Is this the same Harry Hamlin from Clash of the Titans? (original not that crappy remake)
    Yep! Clash of the Titans, 1981 version. It's when I first started noticing him, he was great as Perseus. He was also on LA Law.

I think TV Land reruns it all the time, definitely check it out, they are awesome.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast