+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Say Yes To The Dress: Big Bliss - TLC

Say Yes To The Dress: Big Bliss - TLC

A new version of SYTTD starts on October 1st at 9pm on TLC featuring fuller-figured brides.

I like this show and I'm pleased they're doing a version for larger ladies because it's often quite difficult to tell which styles suit the brides when they don't fit into sample size dresses.

Not too keen on the title and not impressed that the guide says the first show features a bride who rips the first dress she tries on, but I am looking forward to another version of the show.
    Last edited by fluff; 10-01-2010 at 12:34 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Say Yes To The Dress: Big Bliss - TLC

I'm looking forward to it - especially because it means a return to Kleinfeld which I so enjoy seeing. I have a (very small) bridal shop myself and these shows are quite my quilty pleasure.
    Full figured brides are a significant (notice I didn't say "large" or "growing") segment of the population who have been so overlooked. One thing I have seen in my shop is that those brides are often less picky than the size 4 bride. They get excited when they find a dress that looks good on them and tend to decide quickly. I'm interested to see how they do at Kleinfeld.

I know stores can't be expected to carry every size, but the options for the fuller-figured always seem very limited on the regular show.
    You really can't tell how a dress suits someone when it hadn't been zipped up at the back and is being held up by clips.

I'd love a version of the show in a discount or just less expensive shop.
    I liked the early seasons when the used to put a graphic on the screen with the price of the final dress chosen and the name of the designer.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I enjoyed the first two episodes.
    Kelly was quite the character and it was interesting that after saying she wanted a "trashy" dress with loads of embellishments, she chose a very plain, but very pretty dress.
    Kelly's enough personality without putting the kind of crazy dress she was describing on top.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm glad they're doing this show too! But I did cringe a little when I saw the added title. I'm so glad that Kleinsfeld keeps dresses in the larger sizes. That shows they are smart business people because they are serving a market that clothing houses often ignore.

FORT Fogey

I'm glad they are including plus sized brides but I still wish it wasn't a special edition. Why not mix them in with stories of other Kleinfeld's brides? It just feels like TLC is saying "they're not like the others". But they are. No matter the size they are all women who are in love and looking for a dream come true.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV;4076913;
    Why not mix them in with stories of other Kleinfeld's brides?
    That's a good point. I will say that they have had a sprinkling in the regular series but it seemed each time, the stories were focused on how depressed the larger brides were in trying to find a dress in their size. I hope this new series focuses more on the positive. I don't want this to be a depressing show where insecure brides are crying about how big they are all the time. (Don't know if anyone here remembers The Bachelor show that was focused on larger sized participants? But those women on that show where the whinest chicks ever! Hardly any loved themselves.)

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV;4076913;
    I'm glad they are including plus sized brides but I still wish it wasn't a special edition. Why not mix them in with stories of other Kleinfeld's brides? It just feels like TLC is saying "they're not like the others". But they are. No matter the size they are all women who are in love and looking for a dream come true.
    That's what they used to do and consequently we rarely got to see any larger ladies. Even though I'm not large, I find this show more interesting.
    On the regular show budget is usually the only "issue".
    I like that they've done a separate show and if TLC is calling attention to the larger ladies I don't think they're doing so in a negative way.
    They aren't "like the others" when it comes to wedding dress shopping.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I think they have quite a few ladies who need larger size dresses. Many of them don't understand what style dress is not suited for their full figure. Also, dresses that barely cover the chest are very unattractive IMO. Still, that seems to be the in thing. It makes them look at least 20 pounds heavier.

Good couple of shows this week.
    I was so pleased that Chris was able to find a dress she liked and felt great in. Her little daughter jumping up and down when she made her choice was so cute.

Carolyn, who was trying to choose between two dresses, went for the more expensive option at $2800.
    She tried on a dress for $800 and I think it suited her better. She thought so too, but preferred the more expensive dress.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast