+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 170 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109149 ... LastLast
Like Tree623Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Sister Wives

Debb, I have no doubt that TLC is paying for those trips (either directly or making the $$ available through what they're paying Kory and the wives). It just sends a bad message to those who really ARE struggling financially. "We don't have any money, so let's go on vacation."

I wish when they were taking questions from viewers that they had addressed the "broke but spending on non-necessities" philosophy.

I have noticed that reality stars on most networks keep the details of their income pretty quiet. Some mention of how it was possible would be nice.

While I am sorry for Meri's situation and unable to have more children why is this subject discussed on every single episode? They have basically discussed this since the show FIRST aired. Do you think they have talked about this ALL THEIR MARRIED LIFE or just since the show started filming? Isn't she 40yo or almost? Kody and the SW's should be concentrating more on careers. I was glad to see that Janelle and Christine were going for their RE Licenses. Christine will pass it.

Loved how Robyn was totally slapped down when she said "some of the children will not go to college" are.you.kidding.me Robyn. Yeah for Kody and Janelle for basically putting their FEET down and totally DISAGREEING with Robyn in college and the kiddos.

As far as owning a gym (and this is for the past episodes) I remember who ever they were talking to said that they would need 1000 members before this would pay out . YIKES. That is a CRAP LOAD of members. I think they need to SCRAP that idea.

Does it appear to others that all the TEEN girls are getting quite heavy? And Meri who worked so hard at the gym in the past appears to have put all her weight back on.

Ya and all these FUN events, vacations, trips to Vegas, even trips back to Utah, camping etc etc if there is any expense needed I am SOOOOOOO sure TLC is paying for it all.

What did you all think of Robyn stating last night that the dynamics of the FAMILIES has changed due to their living arrangements in Vegas hmm.
    KAREN

The first thing I noticed during the question and answer episode is how overweight all of the women/girls are, except for Robin. Sad.
    Shoepie likes this.

I have been very thin and not so thin, so I do understand weight issues, but if I were going to be on national tv, I think I would be inspired enough to try to get fit, expecially if I had free gym admission. The wives had time when they were not filming to work on their exercise and nutrition issues. What could motivate you more than to know the cameras are coming and your physical appearance is going to a main topic of conversation by millions of people? Apparently, they don't concern themself with that. I wonder why. I know it's good to be confident in your body no matter what, but IMO they don't appear comfortable.

It appears from the old photos of the women when they were first married to Kody that they were not overweight, however, Kody now says that he likes a full figured woman. I wonder if he really does or is just saying that. Robin seems to be naturally thin.
    Shoepie likes this.

Maybe they are worried about being compared to Kate Gosselin.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I wonder if the others lost weight how Robin would react. Would she feel she really had competition. I see her as arm candy for Kody and he is really drawn to her.
    Shoepie likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

I saw an article on Yahoo this a.m. that said there's a new gym opening in Canada for heavier people and skinny people won't be allowed in. I wonder if they got the idea from Janelle or if it's just a concept who's time really has come.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I saw an article on Yahoo this a.m. that said there's a new gym opening in Canada for heavier people and skinny people won't be allowed in. I wonder if they got the idea from Janelle or if it's just a concept who's time really has come.
    I'll have to look that up, but I don't much care for the sound of it - what's a "skinny person"? Are they going to check BMI's at the door? What if someone not overweight wanted to work out with an overweight friend? And what happens when the formerly heavy member loses weight? Is their membership cancelled?

Honestly, I think the SW's main issue is that they have large individual families (except Meri) and like many mothers, don't often take time for themselves. Plus, they have the challenge of cooking for so many and I would be surprised if they have time to cook a meal from scratch every day, which leads to unhealthy choices. It would also explain why some of the kids are heavy. They are very typical in that sense. I also think we're so used to seeing thin, beautiful people on TV that we might be viewing these reality families with a more critical eye.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Weight issues are tricky. I have a niece who is quite a bit overweight, but she doesn't seem to eat that much. She is also very active. She is a cheerleader for part of the year, plus she plays basketball and softball, skates, swims, etc. The girl is always involved in some activity, but she still stays quite large. I don't get it. I am told doctors say there is nothing wrong with her to cause the extra weight. Neither of her parents is overweight, but two of her 3 siblings are.

+ Reply to Thread