+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 178 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108148 ... LastLast
Like Tree695Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I'm about 3/4 through their book ('Becoming Sister Wives') and I am surprised at how honest it is, and how deep they go into their history (individually and together) and their feelings. Wow. They are each very candid and surprising. I'm so glad I am reading the book. Got it at the library, by the way.
    Thanks, I didn't realize they had written a book. I will check it out.

It's kind of hard to tell if they are unhappy with each other, unhappy since they had to leave their home, or unhappy with their lives becoming a reality show. Perhaps they are regretting their decision - they must have regretted it at least somewhat since it's the reason law enforcement took notice of them. I generally like this family but they sure do make questionable choices. In their defence, I guess it is hard to have to come to a group consensus all the time. It can be tough enough for a couple to agree.

IMO, opening a gym is always an extremely risky venture. There are a few successful franchises but starting from the ground up is nuts, unless they live in an area with little or no fitness centres. Hard to imagine in a city like Las Vegas. The enthusiasm for fitness is commendable but I don't get the concept of a gym for non-fit people. All gyms cater to beginners. Debb, those are interesting ideas but I don't know if they could garner 1,000 memberships from such a specific demographic. Maybe if they did it on a smaller scale?
    nanarama and Debb70 like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I don't know I'd probably go to a gym for non-fit people. It can be really intimidating to go to the gym as an overweight person. I've tried and overheard some really negative comments from other gym goers to the point where it's uncomfortable to go there. Like being surrounded by fat people is going to some how make them fat.

I've also encountered trainers that don't really know what to do with actual heavy people but only somewhat unfit people.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I don't know I'd probably go to a gym for non-fit people. It can be really intimidating to go to the gym as an overweight person. I've tried and overheard some really negative comments from other gym goers to the point where it's uncomfortable to go there. Like being surrounded by fat people is going to some how make them fat.

I've also encountered trainers that don't really know what to do with actual heavy people but only somewhat unfit people.
    Ain't that the truth. When I was at my heaviest, I went to this state of the art gym with all the bells and whistles. The trainer they set me up with looked at me like I was a large animal from another planet that had yet to be named. It was horrible. I ended up losing all my weight exercising at home. Less judgement, better results. I think the gym is a risky investment for their first "real" business.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I agree about the gym focusing on very large people, but that is what Janelle said they wanted to cater to. It's her idea, not mine. LOL With her as the spokesperson, that is really their only option. No offense to Janelle, but I can't see her marketing gym memberships to fit people who are body building.

The only places that I have not seen a big drop in business in the past few years are the following: Car repair shops, nail and tanning salons, convenience stores with gasoline, cell phone stores, and the Olive Garden! Yes, many restaurants have folded, but I have never seen an Olive Garden that was not packed out..every night. LOL

Maybe I am lucky where I live. When I started working out, I needed a lot of exercise and diet. The males at the gym were fantastic. I believe it stroked their egos some when I asked for help. They were always willing to help and encouraging. I never heard unkind comments.
    Debb70 likes this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I agree about the gym focusing on very large people, but that is what Janelle said they wanted to cater to. It's her idea, not mine. LOL With her as the spokesperson, that is really their only option. No offense to Janelle, but I can't see her marketing gym memberships to fit people who are body building.

The only places that I have not seen a big drop in business in the past few years are the following: Car repair shops, nail and tanning salons, convenience stores with gasoline, cell phone stores, and the Olive Garden! Yes, many restaurants have folded, but I have never seen an Olive Garden that was not packed out..every night. LOL
    you forgot one the sex for sale business is also in full bloom..lol as far as catering to larger people I for one think its a novel idea...most larger people feel really self conscience when going to a gym and they see all those hard bodies most of the time and they feel like they are being stared at
    Debb70 likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    you forgot one the sex for sale business is also in full bloom..lol as far as catering to larger people I for one think its a novel idea...most larger people feel really self conscience when going to a gym and they see all those hard bodies most of the time and they feel like they are being stared at
    Oh I didn't "feel" it. It was very very apparent I was being stared at. People's heads literally turned. Mouths dropped. Giggles started. Whispers started and I literally heard nasty comments out loud. Some even had the cajones to point. The shaming was enough to make me realize that one is not welcome in a gym until they are at a socially acceptable version of "unfit" and that it was an unwise investment for me.

It is a novel idea and I found it bizarre that they were going to do a gym for a business. But I suppose it's a pretty tame more family friendly business for htem to get into, especially if they were to go that route in Las Vegas.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    I actually think Janelle is just leaps and bounds ahead of these bozos. She's sitting there thinking--'this is all such a crock of bs' and it shows. Apparently she is the one who owned/owns their previous home and is the only person who seems to want to WORK for a living. She has also raised some impressive kids (seemingly alone since kody has so many kids)...Logan is so responsible for a teenager and the other gal is such an individual--shes mentioned several times that polygamy is not for her and isn't afraid to share.

The fact that they all want separate houses and none of them are supporting Janelles idea for a gym shows the "connection" is not what it seems...
    Nicely put. I agree.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Yet another episode where one person voices concerns about their finances (Janelle), while Kody and Meri are enjoying a luxury vacation in Mexico. Come on, TLC. Quit insulting the intelligence of your viewers.

But then, maybe this serves as a prime example of why some families in America are struggling with bankruptcy. Their priorities are skewed? They'll walk away from the one asset that may increase in value if they hang in there (the house which they originally paid too much for), but they won't give up the Skidoos, the four wheelers, the motorcycles, etc. Fun before all else!
    mindy384 likes this.

I really think that TLC pays for those trips. TLC wants something to film besides the family sitting on the couch talking or the ladies going to lunch or shopping. Perhaps they need to explain that.

Last night it seemed like the ladies were trying to hard to pretend they were happy. I don't know. And what's up with Meri not wanting to even find out if her eggs her viable. I get that she may not have made up her mind about a baby yet, but you need information in order to do that. How can she be considering her options, when she doesn't even know if her eggs her viable? Hmmm......

OH, did you catch the look on Janelle's face when Meri was saying that if something happened to her, her daughter could go and live with any of her sister wives? Janelle had this odd look on her face like she was seething. Another hmmm....
    Last edited by Debb70; 06-18-2012 at 10:39 AM.

+ Reply to Thread