+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 178 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146 ... LastLast
Like Tree696Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

I thought they could purchase an old hotel and renovate it so they could all have a shared spaced with living room, rec room, kitchen, dining and then their own wings for bedrooms and baths, however, I think that the wives made it quite clear that they LIKE having their individual houses since moving from Utah. I think he was outvoted on that one.
    Shoepie and lilcountriegal like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I thought they could purchase an old hotel and renovate it so they could all have a shared spaced with living room, rec room, kitchen, dining and then their own wings for bedrooms and baths, however, I think that the wives made it quite clear that they LIKE having their individual houses since moving from Utah. I think he was outvoted on that one.
    Not that they've ever done anything that most of us consider practical, but when one considers resale value, a custom home like they had in Utah, or a hotel/school converted for their unique situation would require would probably NOT be something they could unload easily in Las Vegas. And when the TLC money stops (a la Kate), they'd be stuck trying to pay for something they can't afford and wouldn't be able to sell.

Besides, what if he decides to take a fifth wife? Where would he put her? LOL.
    nanarama and Debb70 like this.

You have point about how they can afford something when the money from TLC stops. That's why I thought the hotel idea might work. You wouldn't have to do much to renovate. The hotel would already have a large kitchen and the restaurant would serve as the dining area. The lobby could be made homey with some decor. Then you have your bedrooms and baths that would not need anything extra. And if you ever left, it would still be basically a hotel. They would also have a large parking lot to accomodate their vehicles and play area for the kids. And a pool! LOL
    Shoepie and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    You have point about how they can afford something when the money from TLC stops. That's why I thought the hotel idea might work. You wouldn't have to do much to renovate. The hotel would already have a large kitchen and the restaurant would serve as the dining area. The lobby could be made homey with some decor. Then you have your bedrooms and baths that would not need anything extra. And if you ever left, it would still be basically a hotel. They would also have a large parking lot to accomodate their vehicles and play area for the kids. And a pool! LOL
    I can think of 1 hotel in a 60 mile radius around me that has a kitchen in it (which is incidentally for sale). Most hotels don't have commercial kitchens and dining rooms unless they are the extremely large multi-floor deals because trying to keep a commercial kitchen up to code for these places is a huge liability.

Most all the smaller motels/hotels in the area that went up for sale here were made into assisted living facilities and they had to add kitchen and dining room areas to these places by removing some of the rooms on the ground floor and it took considerable renovations to make them livable for that purpose. They're a money pit if you're not going to use it for a for profit entity because they're expensive to buy, expensive to renovate and then heaven forbid if you have to get zoning changed (as many of these places are not zoned residential... and face it most are located somewhere where you wouldn't want to live full time).

I can see them doing their various homes or special building one. At least with individual homes they have some chance at resale. With a hotel there's virtually no chance at resale once you renovate to make it into a multifamily dwelling, kitchen etc. and making sure it's all up to code. Huge money sink.
    nanarama and AZChristian like this.

FORT Fan

Its interesting because they say they want the polygamous lifestyle but each is demanding their own home. For most people in that lifestyle or any lifestyle 4 homes is ridiculous. To me it doesn't even seem like the sister wives really even like each other.

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78 View Post
    Its interesting because they say they want the polygamous lifestyle but each is demanding their own home. For most people in that lifestyle or any lifestyle 4 homes is ridiculous. To me it doesn't even seem like the sister wives really even like each other.
    Those in that lifestyle a bunch of times have specially designed homes where the wives have their own living wings with some communal areas but for the most part they live in proximity but not on top of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78 View Post
    state of Utah has come out and said they were not going to procecute the Brown's so I don't know why since they didn't see their house in UTAH that they don't pick up and go back home...they can always add an addition would be much cheaper than 4 new houses and many of the kids have made it clear that they want to go home...I just think they would be more confortable back in UTAH
    Shoepie and Debb70 like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    state of Utah has come out and said they were not going to procecute the Brown's so I don't know why since they didn't see their house in UTAH that they don't pick up and go back home...they can always add an addition would be much cheaper than 4 new houses and many of the kids have made it clear that they want to go home...I just think they would be more confortable back in UTAH
    Maybe they like the excitement and conveniences that Vegas offers. Moving back to that house which is more than likely paid off would be far less stressful.

I'd think by sharing a house at least you could see your husband every evening and he could be present in all of the children's lives.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Newbie
    It is so annoying to have an episode devoted to the 4 house/financing issue and NO discussion of their income sources. I was holding out hope that it would at least be brought up, but no. Does TLC think their viewers are idiots?

I just think it is very disingenuous that in their special where they answered the reporter's questions, this episode and the viewer question one, they never directly answer/address the welfare issue. And methinks the whole needing their own kitchens has more than a little something to do with food stamp qualifications. Call me cynical, but if they aren't willing to be upfront about it, then it begs the questions!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hoosgirl View Post
    It is so annoying to have an episode devoted to the 4 house/financing issue and NO discussion of their income sources. I was holding out hope that it would at least be brought up, but no. Does TLC think their viewers are idiots?

I just think it is very disingenuous that in their special where they answered the reporter's questions, this episode and the viewer question one, they never directly answer/address the welfare issue. And methinks the whole needing their own kitchens has more than a little something to do with food stamp qualifications. Call me cynical, but if they aren't willing to be upfront about it, then it begs the questions!!!
    I think they are keeping their income private for tax reasons. That is usually the case. You rarely hear anyone talk about their income on TV. If they were even considering buying 4 homes you can be sure they thought they could afford it. TLC probably pays them well on top of individual jobs.

+ Reply to Thread