+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 176 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 1757
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

  1. #911
    Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    3,160

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by gadmus126 View Post
    Did all Kody's wives grow up in polygamist familes? I think I remember them saying that Janelle did but did Meri also. What about Robyns x-husband does he approve of his children growing up in this situation.
    Yes, I know the first three wives came from polygamous families. I have a very good friend who grew up with the first three, and they were fairly good friends, she was also a "polygog" (as they refer to themselves). My friend ran away from the lifestyle at 15 - it wasn't her cup of tea. However, her friends stayed behind and continued in the lifestyle. I don't know about Robyn, however. (This friend of mine is still part of her family and friends, she just does not live near them and she lives a more common life.)

    The way I see it is these ladies were raised in polygamous households, and made the conscious decision to carry on the lifestyle. However, I doubt they were taught the negative sides, such as jealousies, etc., so this may be why they are struggling. Of course I'm just guessing, since I don't know them personally.

    How Kody got four wives is beyond me. Geesh.

  2. #912
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,105

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy View Post
    Ah, the old "its none of our business" argument about reality TV stars. Let's get transitive. A = their lives. B = the show (about their lives). C = what we watch (aka our business). So, if A = B and B = C, then A = C. Thus, I have proven that their lives ARE our business. This formula should be studied by everyone who wants to go into reality TV.
    I agree, PIMguy, that pretty much anything in a reality star's life is likely to be discovered, but I also feel that it is not necessarily right or morally acceptable to make everything public. So, I think your argument is pretty much based on a logical fallacy, because the reality show may focus on a portion of their lives, but that doesn't necessarily include every single facet of their lives (and it also doesn't make every facet of their lives "fair game.") So, seeing as your initial premise that 'A' equals their entire lives is not necessarily true, A therefore DOESN'T = B, although B = C, A doesn't necessarily = C.

    (In order for an argument to be considered valid, EACH premise of the argument must be valid. A valid argument is one in which, if the premises are true, then the conclusion must be true also. However, if one or more premise is false then the argument may lead to a false conclusion.)
    ilja likes this.

  3. #913
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by gadmus126 View Post
    Did all Kody's wives grow up in polygamist familes? I think I remember them saying that Janelle did but did Meri also. What about Robyns x-husband does he approve of his children growing up in this situation.
    Janelle is the only wife not raised in a polygamous household. She is a Mormon. though.

    Sister Wives and the puzzle of polygamy | Vancouver Sun
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

  4. #914
    FORT Fanatic maryhse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    450

    Re: Sister Wives

    Sister Wives At Each Other

    I think that pretty much says it all about Christine, she's ok with plural marriage as long as she's the last wife and gets to be the youngest and what she perceives as the "prettiest" , now she's stuck in it and can't back out without reeking of hipocrisy. Even when she says' she's ok now...the look in her eye says the opposite and her snide remarks are meant to burn.

    Meri seems over the whole thing and I highly doubt she will take Robyn up on her offer to carry her baby...all the other wives keep saying how much Robyn likes having her own place seperate from the others. I think she likes Robyn way more than she likes Kody or the other wives combined, probably why she pushed for Kody to go after her.

    Janelle is happy just to have a husband under whatever terms...she couldn't care less about conflict or whoever Kody spends time with, she just wants Kody to spend his allotted time with her...which is sad, she is worth 100 Kodys.

    I think Robyn likes Meri more than Kody too...I think she would do anything for Meri, including sleep with Kody, no wonder she offered to be her surogate. Didn't hear the other's make the offer. Robyn even said she sent her child to stay with Meri so she wouldn't get too comfortable living without them..she is scared to death Meri might decide to ditch them all, then she would be stuck with the other ones.

    Kody is creepy...little beady eyes and thinks everything he says is wonderful. He rattles on about love should be multiplied not divided...oh yeah..then let's see some brother husbands move in. As for him and the kids...please, the teenage sons are more Daddy to them than he is. He is lost with them...give em hug and he is done.

    This isn't about a religious choice...this is about a lifestyle choice. They rarely talk about faith, it's all about jealousy, finances and who Kody is spending the most time with. Of course he loves it...he gets to feel way more important then he really is.

    And yes, everything about their life is our business...they made it that way. I don't need an equation to see that, just some common sense.
    maude~flanders and mindy384 like this.

  5. #915
    8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,634

    Re: Sister Wives

    I was surfing the web during my lunch break. There are public records available that show that Kody and all 3 of the original wives have filed bankruptcy, and each listed huge credit card debts (compared to their income). I don't know whether Robyn has done that or not. These people have been given an opportunity to dig themselves out of a financial hole, but it's hard to imagine that's what they're doing if they're building 4 brand new houses on a cul-de-sac in Las Vegas. I don't see much evidence that they're trying to be more cautious with their spending.

    It's more of the Kate syndrome. Whatever you have coming in, spend it and expect it to keep on coming.
    Debb70 likes this.

  6. #916
    FoRTer coltnlasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,083

    Re: Sister Wives

    Grrr. Sounds like easy come, easy go money... didn't "work" enough to appreciate it (the 2nd chance). Wonder how they can even get loans with bankruptcy histories? I started out interested in this show, but lost interest after Robyn joined the family. I just cannot get over disliking her - or maybe it's the the dynamic changes brought that I dislike. But I do enjoy keeping up with the show here.

  7. #917
    8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,634

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma View Post
    Grrr. Sounds like easy come, easy go money... didn't "work" enough to appreciate it (the 2nd chance). Wonder how they can even get loans with bankruptcy histories? I started out interested in this show, but lost interest after Robyn joined the family. I just cannot get over disliking her - or maybe it's the the dynamic changes brought that I dislike. But I do enjoy keeping up with the show here.
    I don't know why, but I'm not warming up to Robyn at all. And with Kody so gaga over her that he chooses not to see all the new conflict in the many relationships, I pretty much just watch the comments here as well.

  8. #918
    FORT Fogey nennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,885

    Re: Sister Wives

    [QUOTE=J.D.;4488563]Yes, I know the first three wives came from polygamous families. I have a very good friend who grew up with the first three, and they were fairly good friends, she was also a "polygog" (as they refer to themselves). My friend ran away from the lifestyle at 15 - it wasn't her cup of tea. However, her friends stayed behind and continued in the lifestyle. I don't know about Robyn, however. (This friend of mine is still part of her family and friends, she just does not live near them and she lives a more common life.)

    The way I see it is these ladies were raised in polygamous households, and made the conscious decision to carry on the lifestyle. However, I doubt they were taught the negative sides, such as jealousies, etc., so this may be why they are struggling. Of course I'm just guessing, since I don't know them personally.

    How Kody got four wives is beyond me. Geesh.

    That's what I want to know.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

  9. #919
    FORT Fogey mindy384's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,865

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by maryhse View Post
    Sister Wives At Each Other

    I think that pretty much says it all about Christine, she's ok with plural marriage as long as she's the last wife and gets to be the youngest and what she perceives as the "prettiest" , now she's stuck in it and can't back out without reeking of hipocrisy. Even when she says' she's ok now...the look in her eye says the opposite and her snide remarks are meant to burn.

    Meri seems over the whole thing and I highly doubt she will take Robyn up on her offer to carry her baby...all the other wives keep saying how much Robyn likes having her own place seperate from the others. I think she likes Robyn way more than she likes Kody or the other wives combined, probably why she pushed for Kody to go after her.

    Janelle is happy just to have a husband under whatever terms...she couldn't care less about conflict or whoever Kody spends time with, she just wants Kody to spend his allotted time with her...which is sad, she is worth 100 Kodys.

    I think Robyn likes Meri more than Kody too...I think she would do anything for Meri, including sleep with Kody, no wonder she offered to be her surogate. Didn't hear the other's make the offer. Robyn even said she sent her child to stay with Meri so she wouldn't get too comfortable living without them..she is scared to death Meri might decide to ditch them all, then she would be stuck with the other ones.

    Kody is creepy...little beady eyes and thinks everything he says is wonderful. He rattles on about love should be multiplied not divided...oh yeah..then let's see some brother husbands move in. As for him and the kids...please, the teenage sons are more Daddy to them than he is. He is lost with them...give em hug and he is done.

    This isn't about a religious choice...this is about a lifestyle choice. They rarely talk about faith, it's all about jealousy, finances and who Kody is spending the most time with. Of course he loves it...he gets to feel way more important then he really is.

    And yes, everything about their life is our business...they made it that way. I don't need an equation to see that, just some common sense.
    I seriously felt like I just heard a sermon--preach it sister!

  10. #920
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,545

    Re: Sister Wives

    Utah will not file criminal charges against the Browns. I wonder if the family will decide to move back to Utah now?

    Sister Wives Stars Will Not Be Prosecuted For Bigamy | Radar Online

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.