+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 165 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100140 ... LastLast
Like Tree560Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I happened to catch the moment with the laptop and it bothered me when Robyn said that she knew Cody didn't really want one. It was probably nothing, but I saw it as one of those passive-aggressive things people do.
    Ya, I agree! Why did she do that? Ugh. It's those 'little' pokes like that that bothers like Christine. Even though they have patched things up (C&R) .......that def falls under passive aggressive.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Thanks, TB for your post.

I hope someone with skiing experience will weigh in here because I just do not see the POINT of NO poles. Short skiis or not I think you NEED poles. (This coming from me, a non skier.)
    Don't know the context of the skiing (down hill or cross country). However, lots of people who learn to ski down hill don't start out with poles since you are basically going straight head and you need to learn how to balance with your body. Ski poles come in down the line to assist with turning and there's an art to using them as well.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

It's been many years since I've been skiing and I never was great, but I remember being told that poles could basically get in your way and many instructors teach beginners without them. Also, what you need to learn in skiing is shifting your weight and using your legs to position the skis to slow you down, stop you or turn. The poles can be a crutch and get in the way. Regardless of anyone's opinion of Kody, I don't think having her learn without poles would be considered a dumb thing - unless things have changed in the years since I learned.

My issue was probably more with age.

I can see how a youngster or even a teen starting out might learn W/O poles. But Meri is neither and I would think that if she thought she was going to ski OFTEN she would certainly try it with out poles just to get her balance as posters have stated here. But a one day outing, why couldn't she have had poles and tucked them under her arms as she was skiing along and then if she were to start to fall put the poles down. I mean thankfully, Meri's DD is older and Meri does not have a house full of young ones to watch after and then be laid up for weeks due to a ONE DAY skiing trip gone bad.

Basically, I just felt this could have been prevented. JMHO.
    KAREN

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

i think I'm burned out on this show.

- Too much of Kody (of whom I think it can be said, "a little goes a long way")
    - Can't develop any warmth for Robyn (something in my gut doesn't trust her)
    - Too much money being spent by people who (IMO) don't appear to have done anything worthwhile to earn it

I like the three original wives, but not enough to make me want to continue to watch. Thank goodness for my Kindle.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    i think I'm burned out on this show.

- Too much of Kody (of whom I think it can be said, "a little goes a long way")
    - Can't develop any warmth for Robyn (something in my gut doesn't trust her)
    - Too much money being spent by people who (IMO) don't appear to have done anything worthwhile to earn it

I like the three original wives, but not enough to make me want to continue to watch. Thank goodness for my Kindle.
    For me, AZ, it is about the aspect.

I really do love a !

So I will be sticking around.
    ness, nennie, AZChristian and 1 others like this.
    KAREN

I'm trying to figure out how this whole thing has made them better people. That's what they claim, right? IMO it looks like they are in a worse state now than years ago. When Kody said he was already spread so thin, that he couldn't take on another wife down the road, I wanted to ask about that saying he has of love being muliplied, not divided. Right?

I'm having the same issue with them that I have with some other reality stars. As AZChristian mentiones upthread, there is too much income with not enough work, IMO. They mentioned that Kody needed the computer for his marketing job.....what marketing job? They dibble in real estate, gym ownership, jewelry sales, etc. but nothing is concrete. Are they really working at anything? The purchases they have made on camera do not reflect people who are conserving money for kids to attend college. High end firearms for a collector? Top of the line laptop? Why wouldn't his job provide him a laptop? I realize you can make money from this show, but still, to not really work, seems odd. Yes, I know that moms with small children have a huge job at home, but what we see with this family are 4 wives and 1 husband who seem to be free as bird from work, but yet buy anything they have a whim for.

Perhaps TLC believes that they need Kody and the wives availiable for taping and an outside job would interfere. I don't know. I have the same issue with the Duggars. They have lots of free time with their kids to travel, film for the camera and do anything that is needed. Nothing gets in the way of that.

I think it would make the show more interesting if it portrayed them as it did when the show first started.
    mindy384 and AZChristian like this.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how this whole thing has made them better people. That's what they claim, right? IMO it looks like they are in a worse state now than years ago. When Kody said he was already spread so thin, that he couldn't take on another wife down the road, I wanted to ask about that saying he has of love being muliplied, not divided. Right?

I'm having the same issue with them that I have with some other reality stars. As AZChristian mentiones upthread, there is too much income with not enough work, IMO. They mentioned that Kody needed the computer for his marketing job.....what marketing job? They dibble in real estate, gym ownership, jewelry sales, etc. but nothing is concrete. Are they really working at anything? The purchases they have made on camera do not reflect people who are conserving money for kids to attend college. High end firearms for a collector? Top of the line laptop? Why wouldn't his job provide him a laptop? I realize you can make money from this show, but still, to not really work, seems odd. Yes, I know that moms with small children have a huge job at home, but what we see with this family are 4 wives and 1 husband who seem to be free as bird from work, but yet buy anything they have a whim for.

Perhaps TLC believes that they need Kody and the wives availiable for taping and an outside job would interfere. I don't know. I have the same issue with the Duggars. They have lots of free time with their kids to travel, film for the camera and do anything that is needed. Nothing gets in the way of that.

I think it would make the show more interesting if it portrayed them as it did when the show first started.
    The difference for me, with the Duggars they actually show work being done. There's Josh's used car lot, John David's towing business and the main family owning commercial real estate. they've shown them cleaning properties between tenants and so forth. Actual work does take place.

I do wish that we could see employment with the Browns - going beyond all their ideas. I'd like to see actual work. And no more extravagant purchases until they have money - beyond TLC - coming in.

Next week they're supposed to try to buy their new home/land. Interesting to see how that goes!

I think them 4 women need to kick Kody to the curb and make a life with themselves. He seems worthless to me. I knew when Robyn came in the picture there would be trouble. She was cutsie and little and looked like good arm candy on Kody's arm. He likes that.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    My issue was probably more with age.

I can see how a youngster or even a teen starting out might learn W/O poles. But Meri is neither and I would think that if she thought she was going to ski OFTEN she would certainly try it with out poles just to get her balance as posters have stated here. But a one day outing, why couldn't she have had poles and tucked them under her arms as she was skiing along and then if she were to start to fall put the poles down. I mean thankfully, Meri's DD is older and Meri does not have a house full of young ones to watch after and then be laid up for weeks due to a ONE DAY skiing trip gone bad.

Basically, I just felt this could have been prevented. JMHO.
    Poles become a tripping hazard so to speak. If you don't know how to use them properly they will cause more falls than they prevent not to mention how they will wrench your hands arms and get all a mess with the skis as well which does damage to knees, legs and the occasional ankle. You are frankly better off to fall back on your butt with no poles than you are trying to break falls with equipment not made for that.

If one can't balance using their core tucking poles under her arms isn't going to help. They aren't there for balance (though they affect it slightly) they are there to maneuver with turns.
    nanarama likes this.

+ Reply to Thread