+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 177 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798138 ... LastLast
Like Tree694Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I can relate. If my husband wanted another wife and courted another wife, ESPECIALLY one who I felt he really loved, I'd be more than just jealous. I'd be hurt, crushed, jealous, envious, and sad. So, I guess Christine is human.
    Well, yeah, I totally agree with you but we don't live in her situation.....a lifestyle which she claims to accept and love while still being human. I think she can only "accept" and "love" it when she perceives herself to be the favored wife. jmo

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Well, yeah, I totally agree with you but we don't live in her situation.....a lifestyle which she claims to accept and love while still being human. I think she can only "accept" and "love" it when she perceives herself to be the favored wife. jmo
    I can't related specifically to their situation but I can related via open relationships. I half wonder and have in the past when I looked at this show if she thought she was more ok with the situation and handling her jealousy than she really was?

I agree that it's easier to be the last one in this situation because you get that feeling of you were so good that he stopped getting girls after you only to find out you weren't that good and he did find wives after you. And her self esteem issues that I've seen on the few episodes I watched regarding her weight.

From an open relationship perspective (when I've been interested in them as well as swinging) I have found that there are a lot of people who go into these things thinking they are ready for these things when they're really not. They haven't explored their feelings about the various aspects of what is going to happen in the relationship and when it does happen they get hurt. And people's views on the relationship can change over the years. It was a perfect fit for me when I was younger to have an open relationship and even on/off over the years. But right now I'm not able to go through the work to handle polyamory in my life (and it's a lot more work than monogamy). At most at this point in my life I would consider swinging possibly but not a full open relationship. But I'm also at a point in my life where I feel the need to feel special. 5 years down the road who knows how I'll feel.

Kody did not seem that skilled in the times I've seen him balancing his obligations to all these women emotionally. His two first wives seem to be more emotionally intimate with each other than him. And the wives generally seem more into raising all these kids and keeping each other happy and Kody happy rather than him trying to meet their needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I can relate. If my husband wanted another wife and courted another wife, ESPECIALLY one who I felt he really loved, I'd be more than just jealous. I'd be hurt, crushed, jealous, envious, and sad. So, I guess Christine is human.
    Except for Christine married a man with two wives already. Christine knew the score. The odds are he was she wasn't going to be the last and Robyn may not be the last one either.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

not that I am taking up for Christine but wasn't it something like 15 years since her and Kody had been married and she probably thought she was the last and therfore the best and youngest and I am sure its a big shot to the ego but she is a grown consenting adult and she went into this with her eyes wide open knowing full well what she was doing and what she was getting into..yes she is jealous of Robyn but unless she decides to walk away she needs to put on her big girl panties and find a way to deal with it
    sparklete likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    not that I am taking up for Christine but wasn't it something like 15 years since her and Kody had been married and she probably thought she was the last and therfore the best and youngest and I am sure its a big shot to the ego but she is a grown consenting adult and she went into this with her eyes wide open knowing full well what she was doing and what she was getting into..yes she is jealous of Robyn but unless she decides to walk away she needs to put on her big girl panties and find a way to deal with it
    Exactly. Even though I fault Kody for not maintaining these emotional relationships really well with the women. Christine knew she was getting into a poly relationship and that she would not be the center of Kody's world. While it's realistic to expect him to nurture their difficulties some of the time in a poly relationship you need to work through your issues on your own to a degree. I think there would be a lot less issues if Kody was a more active participant in all the relationships and meeting people's emotional needs and helping more with parenting but there will always be issues with jealousy etc. that Christine will have to learn how to deal with on her own because he can't and hsouldn't be there solely for her in this type of relationship.

And if that is the type of relationship she needs where she needs to be constantly reassured she probably should re-evaluate if this is the right arrangement for her.
    Debb70 likes this.

Christine really is annoying me more this season. I mean she needs to put her big girl panties on and get over it or leave if she is so unhappy,sheesh.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I enjoyed seeing the old videos of them when they were much younger. Man they really looked so young when they got married. Janelle looked very young!

Do you think that hellicopter ride is just what Christine needed? Did you notice she said she loved Kody, but he did not say it back? Hmmm.......

FORT Fan

I remember reading a autobiography on a mormon girl that escaped from one of Jeff Warrens compounds and in it she said the phrase that everyone used was "keep sweet". I felt like Meri was pretty much saying this to Christine, keep sweet, shut your mouth and act happy.
    Did anyone notice Meri's Restoration Hardware bedroom set? A little different from the discount furniture store they were shopping in last season. Got to love those TLC dollars.

For them all being one big family, the work load definitely isn't evenly shared. Janelle's two boys who are constantly arguing maybe they should be split up for a while. Meri is in that big house alone without all the chaos if they are all of the children's mothers then why doesn't she take one of the boys and have some other kids stay over?

Good points about splitting the boys for awhile. I'm not sure why they don't get to the bottom of the problem though. It seems like they are just repeating themselves ref. the boys fighting. The boys know their parents aren't going to do a thing about it, so they just ignore them. I recall Dr. Phil discussing how you deal with teens who refuse to follow house rules. Everything is stripped away, no phone, no tv, no friends, etc. The teen earns back those things by complying with the rules. And it takes however long it takes. It's lot of work, but it seems their boys may be stubborn enough that something drastic is necessary.

Their oldest son seems so mature, articulate and a peace maker. Wonder why the younger boys seem to be the opposite.

Did you hear one of the wives comment on their jobs? I can't recall which one said it, but it was when Kody drove up in the new car. She said they were employed with some kind of marketing company and the car was a bonus from the company. What marketing company? What's all that about? IT's the first I have heard of this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Good points about splitting the boys for awhile. I'm not sure why they don't get to the bottom of the problem though. It seems like they are just repeating themselves ref. the boys fighting. The boys know their parents aren't going to do a thing about it, so they just ignore them. I recall Dr. Phil discussing how you deal with teens who refuse to follow house rules. Everything is stripped away, no phone, no tv, no friends, etc. The teen earns back those things by complying with the rules. And it takes however long it takes. It's lot of work, but it seems their boys may be stubborn enough that something drastic is necessary.

Their oldest son seems so mature, articulate and a peace maker. Wonder why the younger boys seem to be the opposite.

Did you hear one of the wives comment on their jobs? I can't recall which one said it, but it was when Kody drove up in the new car. She said they were employed with some kind of marketing company and the car was a bonus from the company. What marketing company? What's all that about? IT's the first I have heard of this.
    I watched the show with my husband and he said straight away the marketing company gave them that car to advertise it on the tv show. Also did you see Kody constantly walking around holding Voss Water. I think its almost $4 a bottle, and we wondered if that was given to them by the marketing company.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread