+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 173 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596136 ... LastLast
Like Tree653Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Sister Wives

I watched it. I've always been a little ambivalent about Kody in the past. I've made up my mind. I don't like him.

In one voice over, he said the best actor in the nativity scene was Solomon (Baby Jesus). (Hey, Dad . . . don't ever pick favorites and then tell the whole world what you think, no matter how HOT you think the baby's mama is.) Then he turned around and said that he wasn't expecting much from the nativity scene which HIS kids were putting together, and he was surprised it wasn't bad.
    mindy384 likes this.

Check out my reality! AZHotFlash's Avatar

I also didn't like the fact that he implied that it (his and Christine's current relationship) was all her fault...
    AZChristian likes this.
    Wasting away another summer...

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I watched it. I've always been a little ambivalent about Kody in the past. I've made up my mind. I don't like him.

In one voice over, he said the best actor in the nativity scene was Solomon (Baby Jesus). (Hey, Dad . . . don't ever pick favorites and then tell the whole world what you think, no matter how HOT you think the baby's mama is.) Then he turned around and said that he wasn't expecting much from the nativity scene which HIS kids were putting together, and he was surprised it wasn't bad.
    I also like how his kids are apparently violent with one another (this has happened several times according to Janelle) and Kody thinks the pressing issue is to strap the sadest excuse for a christmas tree ive ever seen to a car instead of handling a potentially huge problem between his kids! What kind of man ignores his child punching another child AND shrugs it off for his spouse to handle?
    AZChristian likes this.

So what is the status of his and Christine's relationship? I don't get this channel and those shows hardly ever re-run at the time I'm visiting my mom when I could watch it. But the family fascinates me. I saw in the preview that it looked, at best, strained. Is that pretty much where they left it?

I had it on ...but wasn't really paying too much attention was still reeling over OUAT..I will have to watch it again..but I have to agree with the above post especially when you have that many children you DO NOT announce a favorite....yes you may have one but that is info that should be kept to yourself and be careful to treat all the children equally
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    So what is the status of his and Christine's relationship? I don't get this channel and those shows hardly ever re-run at the time I'm visiting my mom when I could watch it. But the family fascinates me. I saw in the preview that it looked, at best, strained. Is that pretty much where they left it?
    He doesn't appear to be all that stressed about it. After all, he is still having sex with three other women who are happy with the situation. Christine is jealous of Robyn (and apparently admits it to her during the previews for next week), and Robyn - of course - is crying because Christine is in pain. However, they're still trying to find 4 houses together so Kody doesn't have to drive his chick magnet from one house to the other.

Good grief. I'm done with America's Got Talent and DWTS, I'm opting out of SW, and Survivor, TAR and CA are either over or almost over for the season. Looks like I'll be spending a lot more time reading or going to the gym.
    Allie, mindy384 and Debb70 like this.

I didn't think that Kody was showing any favoritism about the baby with the "best actor" comment - I thought it was just a harmless little joke. In any family, a new baby is fussed over. Robyn I think was the one who made a crack about the family's overall lack of singing talent when caroling which was unfortunately true but it was also something I took as a joke.

I found it bizarre that Kody didn't interfere when the boys were punching each other out. I would consider it to be the dad's place to grab the little buggers by the collars and make them apologize & dole out some punishment. Kody seems to enjoy the buddy-parent role while the moms are stuck doing the heavy lifting. It's not strange that brothers may clash & get physical but you'd think it would be a perfect opportunity for the same-sex parent to step in to correct and lead.
    nanarama and lilcountriegal like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I recorded it last night to watch later, but did see portions. I guess TLC is paying them pretty well. That's the only way I can imagine those 4 unemployed women with large families could afford to give their husband an expensive firearm. Plus, he says he stores his in a commercial grade safe. They are pricy too. They didn't have the safe or firearms when they moved from Utah did they? I don't recall seeing it in their move. If I was broke and had to support my family, I think I would have sold all that to pay the bills, right? Therefore, they must be just fine on money.

To have so many kids, they seem to have little knowlege on how to handle fighting issues. I wonder why. It's like Kody said, when you hit someone as an adult you go to jail. Kids sometimes fight, but hitting a lot is not normal IMO.

FORT Fan

I thought it was odd of Kody to suddenly ban celebrating Joseph Smiths birthday, it sounds like they've done that for the past 20 years. Wonder if its Kody's way of getting back at Christine? I think he might have gone off her because she's not worshipping him at his feet like the other wives do. I don't think he can handle being questioned.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78 View Post
    I thought it was odd of Kody to suddenly ban celebrating Joseph Smiths birthday, it sounds like they've done that for the past 20 years. Wonder if its Kody's way of getting back at Christine? I think he might have gone off her because she's not worshipping him at his feet like the other wives do. I don't think he can handle being questioned.
    I don't know. I think his explanation was reasonable. Many people do believe that Mormons worship their modern day prophets, such as Joseph Smith, their founder. When you are in the public like they are, it might appear that you are worshipping him by celebrating his birthday like you do Jesus'. However, we celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. and other people's birthday day and we are not worshipping them.

+ Reply to Thread