+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 165 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495135 ... LastLast
Like Tree560Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Selective poverty. We only have money to do the extravagant things we want to do . . . but we can barely pay rent on our 4 houses.
    I love this! I know of a few people that have "selective poverty".

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Okay, I'm going to say somethings that will probably be really unpopular, BUT if I were Meri and had only had one child and yearned for another for years and someone with whom I shared a close bond offered to carry a child for me, I would seriously consider it. I saw the episode and was very touched by the gesture. I know the cameras were there, but I think by now they are so used to them that it didn't register or make a difference in their intimate shared moment.
    As far as paying for the medical aspects, we don't know what the options would be - whether the show would pay or someone would donate their services - but if I wanted a child and the way was opened for me, I would certainly explore it.
    I would say that before we compare them with the Bates or Octomom or Kate Gosselin we should remember that Meri only has one child and that we aren't privy to the financial arrangements nor do we even know if she will even take Robin up on her generous offer.
    And one more thing, if they're anything like the Gosselins, they make a pretty large paycheck per show and I imagine that with four households, they could get paid for each one. Maybe they're concerned for money because the tv income isn't stable and won't last forever, but I seriously doubt they're down to their last dollars - not with TLC around!
    All just my two cents, of course.
    Imperfect1, Debb70 and sparklete like this.

If they are having trouble paying for the roof over the heads of the kids they do have, perhaps they should consider not having more children until they can take care of the ones that they do have. At least the Duggars never have indicated any trouble housing and feeding all their kids.
    AZChristian likes this.

Is this Seaon over? My dvr has not picked up any new epi's since Robyn has her baby!
    KAREN

I believe that was the season finale.
    momrek06 likes this.

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

The new season starts on May 13! Christine not looking very happy in the clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkhillian View Post
    The new season starts on May 13! Christine not looking very happy in the clip.
    I saw the clip also and no she is not but she has always come across as a very insecure and needy person...deep down I think she feels she has been upstaged by Robyn
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I saw the clip also and no she is not but she has always come across as a very insecure and needy person...deep down I think she feels she has been upstaged by Robyn
    I find Christine to be a more than a little Passive-Agressive. She bugs me alot.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I feel sad for Christine and sympathetic to her feelings. It's interesting that from the beginning, Christine has always said she wanted to be the third wife. I think, in her mind, that equated to being the youngest, most recent and most desireable wife. I think she never seriously thought about the fact that there might very well be a number of wives chosen to come into the family AFTER her. And of course, this is exactly what happened --- and in a way, even though she liked Robin quite a bit, Robin was her worst nightmare in that she was younger, perhaps more attractive to Kody, and there certainly was tons of sexual excitement between Robin and Kody that, if Christine had ever had with Kody, probably wasn't there any more.

FORT Newbie

Don't forget to watch or dvr tonight. Should be good.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread