+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 177 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293133 ... LastLast
Like Tree694Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: Sister Wives

I'm surprised at how many people haven't had Mormons come to their house! We have had them visit every single house we've ever lived in. I try to be really nice to them. It seems like they always get sent out during the worst heat of the summer, so I always give them cold bottles of water. I don't do much to try and change their mind. I used to, when I was younger, but it is pretty useless, so I gave up. I talk to them for a few minutes and they leave. Then, I always wave at them when I see them around the neighborhood.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Maybe she was aiming for something like this, but missed the mark:

http://www.homeworkshop.com/wp-conte...abies-R-Us.jpg
    That is quite lovely.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I can't believe a family with 17 kids (16?) who have no money, no jobs, a new baby (Truly), wouldn't have used baby furniture around for Robyn to use for her baby.
    Debb70 likes this.

Perhaps going to pick out baby furniture was part of the script for their show or perhaps the cribs they already had, did not match her brown and tan color scheme. Maybe the cribs they had were white! God forbid any light colors go with all the brown stuff. LOL
    Actually, they must have ordered the crib as I didn't see them pick it out in the used furniture store.

I really don't know how they are making it on NO INCOMES. When you don't have any income, you don't buy furniture. That's how it has been for me. With all those mouths to feed, all fund would be for rent, lights, and food. The baby could have slept in a used crib that perhaps TLC could have donated.

OH!!! Did anyone catch this in the last episode? When they were showing the wives getting up in the morning for their workouts, they showed Janelle doing Yoga. Janelle said, I like to do my Yoga before going to work. So, either Janelle has a job that they are not talking about on the show or she was saying that she used to do Yoga when she had a job. I find that odd though, since she never mentioned Yoga before. What do you think that meant?
    straycat80 likes this.

tonights episode was good the end of season 2 with the birth of baby Soloman..whew poor Robyn 9lbs 9 oz and 22 inches long..not a little baby..but when she told everyone to get out except Meri and told Meri she would be a surragote for her and Kody cause she knows how much Meri would love to have another child it was just so touching and heart felt..made me cry
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

I was so touched by Robyn offering to be Meri's surrogate. It was so heartfelt and I was moved to tears as well.
    Debb70 and sparklete like this.

Jeez, Robin barely peeped when she was in labor. No drugs, and that baby was BIG.
    Debb70 and sparklete like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Such an emotional episode. I was very moved by all of the wives (and so many of the kids) coming to grips with and sharing their feelings about Robyn and the new baby. Robyn was incredible during the baby's birth. (I've had 3 very big babies too -- and it hurts! Period.) She was amazingly sweet and quiet and stoic, and very lucky to have had a normal, healthy delivery at home! And how incredibly sweet and generous was her offer to be Meri's surrogate. I wonder if Meri will actually reconsider having a baby now, thanks to Robyn's offer --- or whether she'll feel that she doesn't want to start all over again now that her daughter is pretty much grown up.

I'll miss seeing this family on tv. I hope they do a 4th season!
    Parkhillian, Debb70 and sparklete like this.

I have had some misgivings about Robyn, but man, that girl is a trooper! How in the world can women do that with a 9 pound baby and no drugs!!! OMG. Robyn must have a huge amount of inner strength.

My ex sister in law had 4 babies with no meds of any kind and one of her hers was 10 lbs. 4 oz.! One was 9 pounds and the other two were lighter, but I never understood it.

I was touched by her offer to be a surrogate, but I kind of got the feeling that Meri was not into it. I don't know.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have had some misgivings about Robyn, but man, that girl is a trooper! How in the world can women do that with a 9 pound baby and no drugs!!! OMG. Robyn must have a huge amount of inner strength.

My ex sister in law had 4 babies with no meds of any kind and one of her hers was 10 lbs. 4 oz.! One was 9 pounds and the other two were lighter, but I never understood it.

I was touched by her offer to be a surrogate, but I kind of got the feeling that Meri was not into it. I don't know.
    In the 1st season Meri talked several times about wanting so badly to have more children, but as she got older, and as Mariah got older, and as she began enjoying her job and her adult life (including being a mom, of sorts, to the other children in the family) she said that she had more or less accepted that she probably wouldn't have more children -- but she'd welcome it if she did get pregnant. And then, on her anniversary retreat with Kody, when he suggested that he'd like to have her do in-vitro, she said "What would be the point?" --- I think, essentially meaning that it was pretty much too late at that point. Now, a year later, Robyn makes this incredibly generous and loving offer to her, to be her surrogate, and I think Meri, was, at first, more flabbergasted and stunned than anything else. But I'll bet she'll think seriously about it --- because if she did decide to go ahead (and you can almost predict that Kody would just love that idea), not only would it turn her own life upside down, but I wonder if Mariah would have some serious issues about it as well?

+ Reply to Thread