+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 176 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192132 ... LastLast
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

REF. the bullying. When blending kids, I guess some say that you have to let kids work it out amongst themselves, but there are limits. I think that the kids will do exactly how much you allow. If it's not allowed, then it won't happen. If the parents had severe enough consequences for bullying the younger kids, it would stop. For example, if you lost cell phone and computer time, if you bullied, then I think they would stop it.

What is Christine so afraid of? She and Janelle are looking like the kids are ruling over them. I hope they can figure this out, before someone really gets hurt.
    sparklete likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Watched last night's episodes.

So . . . at first they were going to go into selling real estate in one of the WORST markets of modern times.

Now . . . they're investing in a gym? And how many of those are going out of business every day?

And we have NO money (Meri said she stresses about being able to pay the rent on all the houses every month), so let's all go out and have mani/pedis, get our makeup done, go ziplining on Fremont Street, then go shopping for new furniture for the baby.

Somehow, this has unwittingly been turned into a comedy show.
    Duckyface and Debb70 like this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I wondered at that, too. It did occur to me that the network may have been paying for the outing, though. I also thought the nursery looked pretty depressing and shabby, as if second hand non-kid furniture was used to fill in the empty spaces in the room. Even the crib looked old to me. Not that I shop for a baby furniture much, but it looked outdated. Everything looked too dark and muted for a baby's room.
    Debb70 likes this.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion, Little Protectors Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Watched last night's episodes.

So . . . at first they were going to go into selling real estate in one of the WORST markets of modern times.

Now . . . they're investing in a gym? And how many of those are going out of business every day?

And we have NO money (Meri said she stresses about being able to pay the rent on all the houses every month), so let's all go out and have mani/pedis, get our makeup done, go ziplining on Fremont Street, then go shopping for new furniture for the baby.

Somehow, this has unwittingly been turned into a comedy show.
    This show is following the same "reality TV" script for TLC type shows.

1) Show a look into the lives of an interesting and different (from norms) family or group of people.

2) Show them as loveable, wonderful people that America will fall in love with.

3) Conflict ensues!

4) Life is stressful, difficulty is found around every corner. Viewers sympathize with some or all of the group members.

5) Soak up as much advertising dollars that ratings will allow while the group takes (paid for) trips and gets (paid for) new stuff. But try to show how difficult even these wonderful things and trips are for the group. Keep the viewer going with the idea that life for these people is difficult even while the group is living it up.

6) Viewers eventually catch on. Ratings tank. Kick em to the curb. Next!

(it's almost like someone is writing this stuff!!?? )
    mom2 and AZChristian like this.

I figured out why Robyn picks only brown and tan stuff for her house. She also picked all dull, drab colors for her nusery. Apparently, she's never had any exposure to a bright, tastefully decorated house. Recall she said she never had a crib and that they couldn't afford one. She has three kids! That's pretty sad.

That is a very depressing nursery. Did she hear how she kept asking if things matched. Apparently, she thinks everything has to be brown or tan. Some brightly colored picture frames would have worked on the walls, say in green or blue. She needs some help with that.

I applaud their workout activity, but they really need to work on their food intake if they are only losing a few pounds despite huge physical workouts. It only makes sense that is what the problem is. Did they even mention this? I missed a few parts when they were discussing it with the trainer. Did he say, ladies, we have to sit down and go over your meal plans. Your calories can only be a cetain number per day. Did he do that?

When one of my cousin's had her baby shower, she had selected brown, tan and khaki colors for everything. My mom and I were aghast and how blech it looked.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    When one of my cousin's had her baby shower, she had selected brown, tan and khaki colors for everything. My mom and I were aghast and how blech it looked.
    At her wedding, didn't Robin also select brown as the color of her bridesmaids/sister wives dresses? I guess she must feel very comfortable with that color --- in the brown nursery with Kody, she was also dressed in brown. And their name is Brown. Hmmmmmmm.

Some of my favorite nursuries I've seen have been in earth tones and shades of browns. It was nice to see something that didn't look like a box of pastel crayons vomited on the room.

Other than a couple rooms I like the tans mostly to decorate with. It's just personal taste. I see nothing wrong with their choice in colors.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Maybe she was aiming for something like this, but missed the mark:

http://www.homeworkshop.com/wp-conte...abies-R-Us.jpg
    Debb70 likes this.

And a live plant on the floor of the nursery? Really? Nothing like plants on the floor for a future toddler to get into.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread