+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 172 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091131 ... LastLast
Like Tree634Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    TOP of the line Lexus! <3
    Kind of a chick magnet . . . so I'm surprised that Meri, Janine, Christina, and Robyn aren't making him get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    FYI - Robin had her baby.

'Sister Wives' couple welcomes another baby into the big family
    By Anna Chan

And baby makes 22!

According to a People exclusive, "Sister Wives" hubby Kody Brown and wife No. 4, Robyn, welcomed a baby boy on Wednesday morning. The child is the first for the couple, but is the 17th in the plural family.

Baby Solomon weighs in at 9 lbs, 10.5 ounces and was born in the pair's Las Vegas home, according to People.

"He’s perfect and we couldn’t be happier," Kody told People about the latest addition. "We are so thrilled."

The TLC show last season featured the marriage of Brown and Robyn. This season, it has highlighted unhappiness felt by wife No. 3, Christine, in her plural marriage. The family is currently challenging Utah's polygamy law, arguing that its unconstitutional and unfairly applied to polygamists. The state, where the Browns used to live, was investigating Kody for felony bigamy before the family moved to Nevada.

The show airs on Sundays at 9 on TLC.
    I predict the baby's birth will be aired on the show. I think birthing an almost 10 pound baby at home entitles you to a free house! Right! Ratings bonanza

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I've never had a Mormon missionary ring my doorbell. Can't say the same for Jehovah's Witnesses, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I've never had a Mormon missionary ring my doorbell. Can't say the same for Jehovah's Witnesses, though.
    The Mormon missionaries did not come to us. We went to them. We were interested because we were Osmond fans and they were LDS members. Plus, the missionaries weren't much older than we were and very cute! LOL

My parents didn't know. My cousin's mom was more open minded. She took the boys under her wing because she said that she would have wanted someone to do that for her son if he was alone in a strange town far from home. So, they hung out at her house. She made them sandwiches, talked to them like a mom would and it gave us girls the chance to chat with them. One of my friends, whose dad was LDS, actually took lessons from them and joined the church.

They were super nice guys and showed a lot of restraint and discretion, being so young and having such great temptation. Our little group of girls treated them alike rock stars. It never phased them. And guess what? Two of them actually attended a church service with us. They actually came to the banquet for our end of year Christian school ceremony, but stayed for the service that was held in the church. I couldn't believe it. IMO they had a very open mind and never put down our churches. (IT WAS AN INDEPENDENT, FUNDAMENTAL BAPTIST CHURCH!) And is was the 70's. I guess that's one reason I have such respect for Mormons.
    Duckyface, nanarama and sparklete like this.

Occasionally the mormon missionaries come around my neighborhood. They have always been very nice and respectful younger men. We have always had candid and open discussions and I always invite them in and offer them some food if I have it and some thing to drink. I've had the opportunity to hear many stories about their missionary work (including how people treat them).

They have always been respectful even though I am very open about not sharing their belief system and some of aspects of my life go against their belief system. I have no intention of changing my belief system or lack there of (another thing I'm open about). But they have a heck of a time as missionaries and I believe in teaching tolerance rather than perpetuating that rumor that us godless heathens treat people poorly because they're religious.
    Debb70 likes this.

Never had a Mormon missionary visit me...but we don't have a large Mormon population here, which is likely why I don't see any particular prejudice against them. My Mormon friend certainly never tried to convert me although we had some good-natured theological debates.

I don't have any personal or moral issues with the way the Brown family chooses to live - they are consenting adults and the women in the relationship clearly don't feel oppressed or forced into the lifestyle - but I really don't know how Kody, as the parent to ALL the children (except Robyn's first 3) can give them all the attention they need. It puts a big burden on the shoulders of the wives. Glad to hear the new baby is healthy and well.
    sparklete likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Never had a Mormon missionary visit me...but we don't have a large Mormon population here, which is likely why I don't see any particular prejudice against them. My Mormon friend certainly never tried to convert me although we had some good-natured theological debates.

I don't have any personal or moral issues with the way the Brown family chooses to live - they are consenting adults and the women in the relationship clearly don't feel oppressed or forced into the lifestyle - but I really don't know how Kody, as the parent to ALL the children (except Robyn's first 3) can give them all the attention they need. It puts a big burden on the shoulders of the wives. Glad to hear the new baby is healthy and well.
    To me Kody's family involvement is more than what I witness on a day to day basis where I live where other than than creating the child father's don't have a lot to do with their children and it's kind of an accepted norm. And I don't live anywhere near Utah or a huge religious or mormon area. It's just ultra rural and to a degree a pretty patriarchal sub-culture. When the women here say they are having the fathers babysit the children for a day they mean because here the woman are the primary caregivers for the children. Men will bring them hunting. Sometimes do fun stuff with them but when it comes to the work and going to events and what not that is primarily a female duty here. So I look and Kody and think, "wow he's really involved with his family and parenting" versus looking at him and thinking "he's not giving them the time they deserve."
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

I think that, based on what we see, Kody certainly puts forth a great effort to be an active, involved parent. I also think, though, that it's simply not possible to do justice to each individual child when one has such a huge family - particularly when he's moving from house to house. Still, the kids are better off than, say, the Duggar kids, because there are more moms to go around - not just a single one that's pregnant on an ongoing basis. Based on their lifestyle, I hope they get their wish and can have one large house for the entire family, because I think it would be best for the children.
    sparklete likes this.
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

After seeing the episode last night, it looks like they may need some parenting classes and the kids need counseling. I'm serious. Wasn't this July 4th episode filmed before the more recently aired episodes? It looks that way because the more recently aired episodes, the kids were already in school in Vegas. That would have been at least mid-late August. Right?

I don't think it's surprising that they're experiencing blended-family issues. Considering the number of children, it's also not surprising that it's taking the form of bullying. I think Meri did the right thing, calling the kids out on it. I'm glad Kody is taking it seriously, but obviously it's a pretty serious problem within the family if Robyn is already worrying about her son possibly choosing to live with his dad? While I feel badly for Robyn's kids, I was a little taken aback that Robyn would apparently choose her "new" family situation over removing her children from the bullying. I wouldn't permit my kids to be mistreated by stepbrothers/sisters.
    its_glinda_now and Debb70 like this.

+ Reply to Thread