+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 176 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889129 ... LastLast
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

I did not like Sunday's show … it basically seemed like Kody and the wives against his hometown friends. They all rather bickered back and forth at each other. Not the least bit entertaining at all. I almost can bet, it will be a very long time before they decide to trek back there again.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I read a comment, perhaps here upthread, that TLC is going to build the family a big house so they can all live together. I believe it too. Every TLC family gets either a new house or a complete renovation of the existing house. Think about it, The Roloffs, the Gosselins, the Duggars, the Little Couple, ......right? It's coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I hope so because one large house will not only make it much easier for the adults, but very much more so for all of the kids as well. By the way, I was really impressed with how open the wives were this last episode about their feelings of not having enough time with Kody, now that they're each in their separate houses. Originally, I would've guessed that having their own house would've been a really good solution for each of the wives' feelings of jealousy/envy, but this family truly wants and needs to be all together. As much as I disagree with having multiple wives --- I really respect their love and commitment to their family, as well as the adults' relationships with each other.
    If TLC were to do this, it is TLC that would benefit the most. I am betting they have camera crews all over the place, in all the homes, trying to capture the lives of Kody and the Sister Wives. It would be cheaper for TLC to build them one big house, install cameras in each room necessary and totally reduce the number of camera men all over Vegas. To me this would not be something that TLC would do as a "gift" to all of them. It just would make their 'filming' of the show at a lower cost to TLC. AND don't forget, no one is building in Vegas. It would be relatively inexpensive to build there right now.
    KAREN

Oh as I mentioned upthread after this Season started, how all the ladies as well as every tween girl appears to have put weight on. I am so glad to see that next week's epi shows everyone headed to the gym! A good workout will also help with any or all of the anxiety/stress they are experiencing (no jobs) with the direction their lives have turned with uprooting everyone and moving to LV. Exercise releases endorphins into the body, which give your body a natural boost. Endorphins are natural pain killers that give you a feeling of happiness and positive well being. Yeah!!!!!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Oh as I mentioned upthread after this Season started, how all the ladies as well as every tween girl appears to have put weight on. I am so glad to see that next week's epi shows everyone headed to the gym! A good workout will also help with any or all of the anxiety/stress they are experiencing (no jobs) with the direction their lives have turned with uprooting everyone and moving to LV. Exercise releases endorphins into the body, which give your body a natural boost. Endorphins are natural pain killers that give you a feeling of happiness and positive well being. Yeah!!!!!
    I would say it would relieve some but certainly not all of the stress. When I was out of work after grad school all the exercise in the world did not stop me from stresing about how the bills would be getting paid instead I was more stressed that I wasted time on something as stupid as exercise when I could have been looking for work

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I would say it would relieve some but certainly not all of the stress. When I was out of work after grad school all the exercise in the world did not stop me from stresing about how the bills would be getting paid instead I was more stressed that I wasted time on something as stupid as exercise when I could have been looking for work
    So it did not work out for you. And that you wasted your time on something as stupid as exercise.

I am at least glad the SW's are giving it a try.
    KAREN

Exercise is my duty. I have a couple of medical conditions and my doctors cannot say enough about how important exercise is for me. I make myself do it and when I'm done, I'm so glad. Even if I do nothing else, that is worth it, because I hope it will keep me alive and kicking for a good long while. LOL

I know how the ladies may feel going to the gym after letting things get out of control. I have been quite slim and in great shape, and I have been overweight and out of shape. It's a hard road back, but worth it. It looks to be a great show. I hope he it will inspire many others, including me.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Exercise is my duty. I have a couple of medical conditions and my doctors cannot say enough about how important exercise is for me. I make myself do it and when I'm done, I'm so glad. Even if I do nothing else, that is worth it, because I hope it will keep me alive and kicking for a good long while. LOL

I know how the ladies may feel going to the gym after letting things get out of control. I have been quite slim and in great shape, and I have been overweight and out of shape. It's a hard road back, but worth it. It looks to be a great show. I hope he it will inspire many others, including me.
    Debb, I love ALL your posts!!! You are really a sweetie!!!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Debb, I love ALL your posts!!! You are really a sweetie!!!
    Thank you! Right back at ya!

I wonder if they will discuss how they are able to afford a gym membership. With no jobs and they can afford that? Hmmmmm....perhaps TLC is paying for it. It gives them something to film them doing besides running around the house helping Kody look for his tie. LOL

Upthread I think I mentioned how TLC loves new houses as a theme.(Buying, building or renovating.) I thought of another one that was covered too. The Bates family, which are friends of the Duggars. They almost doubled the size of their house on the Duggars show a couple of seasons ago. Daddy Duggar said they got most of the supplies and labor in donations, but I suspect it was highly funded by TLC. The Duggars stayed there and helped them with the renovation)

I have a sneaking feeling that we will witness the Browns building their house next season. The question is how will they explain the ability to afford it, if they haven't sold their old house or at least 2 of them are not working?
    Allie and momrek06 like this.

I was very interested to learn Kody is from Lovell. Some years ago the town was home to an infamous doctor who was e eventually convicted of raping his female Mormon patients while performing gynelogical exams. I'm familiar with the case as it was one I studied when I was a crim student. It was well-documented in Jack Olsen's book "Doc". One of "Doc's" victims was excommunicated from the church when she & her husband were found to be practicing polygamists. I was thinking that could very well be relatives to Kody, perhaps even his parents. I believe the timeline matches up. The book, btw, delves deeply into the Mormon faith, because the victimization of the women carried on for so many years-they often blamed themselves and their naiveté.

I don't agree with Kody's former BFF. I don't think that people associate Mormons with polygamy any longer & I don't think that many Mormons are so sensitive about it. I have a good friend who is Mormon and he's the first one to crack a joke about how he "only" has one wife.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I was very interested to learn Kody is from Lovell. Some years ago the town was home to an infamous doctor who was e eventually convicted of raping his female Mormon patients while performing gynelogical exams. I'm familiar with the case as it was one I studied when I was a crim student. It was well-documented in Jack Olsen's book "Doc". One of "Doc's" victims was excommunicated from the church when she & her husband were found to be practicing polygamists. I was thinking that could very well be relatives to Kody, perhaps even his parents. I believe the timeline matches up. The book, btw, delves deeply into the Mormon faith, because the victimization of the women carried on for so many years-they often blamed themselves and their naiveté.

I don't agree with Kody's former BFF. I don't think that people associate Mormons with polygamy any longer & I don't think that many Mormons are so sensitive about it. I have a good friend who is Mormon and he's the first one to crack a joke about how he "only" has one wife.

AJane, you might be surprised. As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) I see prejudice still very much in existence with some of it regarding polygomy. (pm me if you have questions.)
    Not that long ago when my children were in high school, I remember one friend of my daughter's who's mother told her to drop my daughter as her friend because of our faith. (She refused.) Funny thing was the friend ended up drinking and sleeping with her boyfriend but the mom was afraid my daughter would harm her?!?!?!?
    You are correct that we're willing to joke about it, though.
    Years ago my husband and I were at a party and he introduced me to a co-worker as his wife. The co-worker thinking to tease said, "Why Steve, that's not the same woman you introduced me to the other day as your wife." Steve, deadpanned replied, "Why Gary! Didn't you know I'm a Mormon? She was my OTHER wife." Gary was taken aback for a minute and then he cracked up laughing.

I can't believe they announced their weight on TV! Man, that took some real courage. When I weighed 130, I didn't have a problem with it, but when I gained a lot, I would NEVER have revealed that. Of course, maybe for money! LOL I guess money can change your mind if you need it to pay your bills.

I thought the personal trainer was a little mean in singling out Janelle as the biggest wife. He could have left that out. She already knew that. He seemed to get nicer later on, but at first he was just insensitive.

When I was an Osmond fan in the 1970's, I would hear jokes and put downs about polygamy all the time. I finally got so fed up that I would say to people, If you have read anything about the LDS church, you would know that they have not condoned polygamy in a long time. I was not a Mormon, but wanted to be one. I did take the put downs personally though. I don't think I have ever known the general public to be so mean and ignorant about any one religion. It's odd that much of it still goes on today.

+ Reply to Thread