+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 178 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788128 ... LastLast
Results 771 to 780 of 1773
Like Tree695Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

  1. #771
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    4,501

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    IMO a lot happened. Kody and the three older wives, talked about their history. It seems that Meri and Christine have gone through some rough patches in their marriages. They worked it out and ended up quite happy. NOW, Christine and he are going through a rough patch again. Christine feels that Kody is catering to Robyn and she resents it. Janelle and Meri told Christine outright that she was not trying to get passed her resentment. Christine says she doesn't feel special to Kody anymore.

    A part of me wonders how much of this is for the storyline and how much is geniune. It looks pretty real IMO.

    All the wives admit that Kody is not happy with the separate living situations. Robyn says he has aged 10 years since they moved to Vegas.

    They still don't have employment and Kody cashed in his retirement. If they don't get jobs soon, I'm not sure what they will do.

    Since Robyn and Kody seem to always go to a midwife center, I bet they have the baby's birth on the tv show. That could boost ratings, although, I have heard that this show is the top rated show for that network!!

    Great recap, Debb! Ya, another interesting epi. I think Logan looks allot like Kody. Hunter seems happier as he knows he will be spending the summer months with his grandparents in Utah. Madison as well is very vocal about returning to Utah.

    I did not like it when they were all leaving the restaurant and Kody yells out "I am staying with Christine tonight so if you are not one of her kids, come and give me a kiss goodnight" whatever.

    Meri seems happy. I think as she gets older she is loving her little place with Mariah. Even though she did love it when the older kids would spend time with her after a family movie and they would all talk while the little ones went to bed.

    Janelle (to me) still seems to be a bit of a misfit. I cannot read her at all. I think she is suffering with some depression with the move.

    I believe that Christine and Kody will 'patch up' their little rough period they are going through. I think Kody has aged. Running here and running there. BUT this was a choice you all made. So you have to deal with it.

    Oh my and cashing in his IRA to make ends meet. Not good.
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

  2. #772
    FORT Fogey causingchaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,919

    Re: Sister Wives

    I bet living apart is hard on them. I mean really that means he's got less time with each of the wives in general because before when the majority of them lived together even if he was spending the night with one he was still there in the home. If there was an emotional need or child rearing need that day he was there and not with the wife of the day. I would bet that is really hard just because you don't have that in home support network and you also wouldn't have the other wives there all the time either as your support network. Though I'm sure they are in close contact and together a lot it's not like you can have a bad day with the relationship and sit and eat ice cream with another wife all night who can identify with you as the other wife is at home caring for her kids instead of in the group home.

    For a monogamous couple it's hard when one partner isn't physically around.
    Debb70 likes this.

  3. #773
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,186

    Re: Sister Wives

    I read a comment, perhaps here upthread, that TLC is going to build the family a big house so they can all live together. I believe it too. Every TLC family gets either a new house or a complete renovation of the existing house. Think about it, The Roloffs, the Gosselins, the Duggars, the Little Couple, ......right? It's coming.

  4. #774
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,227

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I read a comment, perhaps here upthread, that TLC is going to build the family a big house so they can all live together. I believe it too. Every TLC family gets either a new house or a complete renovation of the existing house. Think about it, The Roloffs, the Gosselins, the Duggars, the Little Couple, ......right? It's coming.
    I hope so, because one large house will not only make it much easier for the adults, but very much more so for all of the kids as well. By the way, I was really impressed with how open the wives were this last episode about their feelings of not having enough time with Kody, now that they're each in their separate houses. Originally, I would've guessed that having their own house would've been a really good solution for each of the wives' feelings of jealousy/envy, but this family truly wants and needs to be all together. As much as I disagree with having multiple wives --- I really respect their love and commitment to their family, as well as the adults' relationships with each other.
    lilcountriegal and sparklete like this.

  5. #775
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,186

    Re: Sister Wives

    Wow, I was shocked at the show last night. They really put all the criticism from Kody'a home town right out there. I thought his old highschool buddy was really a jerk. He basically said it's okay for anyone but Kody to be a missionary. What sense does that make? I don't think the guy was so bright. I would pick Kody over him anyday.

    I cracked up when one of the girls from his school, said that Kody was considered gay back then. She said there is no doubt that he is NOT gay now. What I did respect about Kody is that he just listened to what they had to say to let it go. He didn't take anything personally and didn't argue with them. I think he's quite confident and didn't feel the need. His old buddy is very closed minded IMO.

    I did think one of Kody's old friends from high school was nuts when she described the special touch Kody had for her arm when they dated. She described it in a sensual manner right in front of Kody's 4 wives. Why would you do that. Kody tried to play it off by saying that they were just platonic friends in high school. Could anyone tell, was that woman's husband there? What she said was very insensitive, not only to Kody's family, but her own.
    Last edited by Debb70; 10-17-2011 at 02:26 PM.

  6. #776
    8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,768

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Wow, I was shocked at the show last night. They really put all the criticism from Kody'a home town right out there. I thought his old highschool buddy was really a jerk. He basically said it's okay for anyone but Kody to be a missionary. What sense does that make? I don't think the guy was so bright. I would pick Kody over him anyday.

    I cracked up when one of the girls from his school, said that Kody was considered gay back then. She said there is no doubt that he is NOT gay now. What I did respect about Kody is that he just listened to what they had to say to let it go. He didn't take anything personally and didn't argue with them. I think he's quite confident and didn't feel the need. His old buddy is very closed minded IMO.

    I did think one of Kody's old friends from high school was nuts when she described the special touch Kody had for her arm when they dated. She described it in a sensual manner right in front of Kody's 4 wives. Why would you do that. Kody tried to play it off by saying that they were just platonic friends in high school. Could anyone tell, was that woman's husband there? What she said was very insensitive, not only to Kody's family, but her own.
    Agree with all your comments, Debb. And I'm wondering if the lady describing the "special touch" was applying for the job of #5. LOL.
    Debb70 likes this.

  7. #777
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,186

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Agree with all your comments, Debb. And I'm wondering if the lady describing the "special touch" was applying for the job of #5. LOL.
    You might have a point. She wasn't married to Kody's old buddy from High school was she? It appeared she was trying to start some trouble.

    I also want to mention the crazy talk about the lightning. ANYBODY knows you don't stay on or near the water during a storm. How crazy was that? Janelle had to apoligize for being safety conscience. PLEASE! If you want to endanger your own life, that's one thing, but not the kids.

    I stayed on a yaht once during a violent storm, but it's because I had no choice. I was terrified too.

  8. #778
    FORT Fanatic jenniferboston1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    696

    Re: Sister Wives

    Wow...can't imagine Kody taking on a 5th!

  9. #779
    8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,768

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    Wow...can't imagine Kody taking on a 5th!
    I can imagine it . . . right after ratings start to go down for the show and they need something to boost them. Color me cynical.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

  10. #780
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    40

    Re: Sister Wives

    I found it interesting to hear so much talk about what an attention-seeker Kody is. Nobody seemed surprised that Kody put his life out there for everyone to see or that he thrives in this lifestyle, because he's the center of attention.

    I couldn't help but smile as I watched the show and listened to them describe the weather in Wyoming. Yes, being on or near water is stupid when there is lightening, however it's no reason to pack up and leave. The weather will change in just a matter of minutes and it will all pass, allowing everyone to go out on the water and have fun. We have to be packed for all seasons when going out for a fun day at the lake. LOL

    I kind of like the name Robyn picked out for the baby.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.