+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 176 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687127 ... LastLast
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

FORT Fan

Re: Sister Wives

On the wives' jobs:
    Janelle said in Season 1 that she worked many hours and made contributions for the household. Meri said she "had a great job" but lost it after the show came out. Christine never worked -- she took charge of taking all the children to school, cooking dinners, etc. while the other wives worked. Christine wants to be Kody's barefoot and pregnant one, hence the reason why she has her panties in a bunch over Robyn's pregnancy. I think Christine keeps getting pregnant to gain more attention from Kody. As for Robyn's job, who knows...wasn't she living off child support from her children's father?

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    Was Robyn attempting to get pregnant or was it one of those "we're going to do it and if it happens it happens" sort of things?
    Though I think it is selfish for Robyn to get pregnant during the family's economic issues, but I think birth control is a serious sin for Kody. I wouldn't be surprised if they are anti-birth control -- and I'm als convinced he married Robyn because he got bored with his first three wives who were gaining weight and aging.

I don't know exactly what it was but Robyn did have some sort of job before her and Kody got married and she moved....I don't know if she could go back to work after the baby is born she might want to and have Christine take care of the baby since Christine is the primary caregiver...Meri was taking some classes over the interent to get a degree in counseling I think.....to my understanding back in Utah Kody and Janelle were the big bread winners for the family I do believe Christine is really jealous of Robyn and is jealous she is having a baby..wouldn't be surprised to find Christine pregnant again sometime soon...I don't think Jeanelle will have anymore she is not the suzy homemaker type and does better working outside the home....Vegas has been hit hard about the lack of jobs so I don't know what they will find
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Wow! A lot of much deeper problems and issues are being revealed this season, and I appreciate this family for being open enough to allow the public to see it. It's one thing just to want the public to see that not all polygamous families are "bad" or "weird" or "evil" --- but the Brown family adults obviously never realized that by going on tv, they would be putting themselves in legal trouble and therefore TOTALLY uprooting their lives --- not only the dynamics of the family, but their jobs, their kids' school and social lives, their living arrangements, everything! Just for the record, I appreciate the way they are handling it all -- by trying to explore all of the seemingly available options and including the older kids in the decisions concerning the church and social situations. Yes, they kind of got themselves into this situation, but they didn't just arbitarily choose it --- they had to move, because they were in jeopardy in Utah. Now they have to put their lives back together again, as well as they can. They've got their houses and their kids back in school, but as we have just seen, they still have to work out the rest of the problems, including finding new jobs in a terrible economy. But all in all, they seem like good, caring people, and I feel bad for them.

I didnt think Christine seemed like she had a problem with the pregnancy . Immediately after the announcement, she was all smiles and said "YAY... congratulations" and it seemed genuine to me. I think JANELLE is the one who has serious issues with the pregnancy, and I really think her issue is monetary, not jealousy. Janelle, in Utah, was a major bread winner, but in one episode last season she did say she was responsible to pay all the bills as well, which is why some shopping trips stressed her out. She has a better handle on finances than any other sister wife. I would absolutely love to see this family be able to find a housing unit that would fit them all. I'm sure finances are hard, but after being used to all living together, the kids and the adults have to be reeling from living so far apart. they may be only blocks apart, but its a vast change from what they were used to in Utah.

Kody and the sister wives, except for Robyn were on The Wendy Williams show the other night! Wendy kept apologizing to the audience as if she was doing something wrong by having them as guests. She even said the audience didn't have to applaud when the guy told them to, if they didn't want to. Really? She's had some skanky guests on her show IMO and she never said anything like that about them. What about her guests that are violent, liars, adulters, etc. She thinks they are okay? It bothered me a little.

Anyway, Kody said that Robyn was his LAST WIFE. No more marriages for him. LOL Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Anyway, Kody said that Robyn was his LAST WIFE. No more marriages for him. LOL Seriously.
    Seriously? REALLY???

Uh-huh.

And allow me to introduce myself . . .

MY name is Bo Peep!

I'll believe THAT out of him WHEN I see it!

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Like he could afford another house even if he wanted another wife.
    ness and its_glinda_now like this.

I suspect that the new marriage to Robyn has really rocked their world so to speak and that Kody realizes he may have bitten off more than he can chew. Reguardless of what they say, I think the adjustment with Robyn may be more difficult than they even revealed. I think she is still causing problems with the other women. Let's see what Christine has to say on the upcoming episode.

So I totally missed the new ep last night except for a tiny bit at the end, will be looking for a repeat to see what happened unless I didnt really miss anything? I saw Cody say, "yes, Christine and I have things to work on but check back and Im sure she will be fine" or something of the sort. And I saw them revealing that the next child is a boy.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    So I totally missed the new ep last night except for a tiny bit at the end, will be looking for a repeat to see what happened unless I didnt really miss anything? I saw Cody say, "yes, Christine and I have things to work on but check back and Im sure she will be fine" or something of the sort. And I saw them revealing that the next child is a boy.
    IMO a lot happened. Kody and the three older wives, talked about their history. It seems that Meri and Christine have gone through some rough patches in their marriages. They worked it out and ended up quite happy. NOW, Christine and he are going through a rough patch again. Christine feels that Kody is catering to Robyn and she resents it. Janelle and Meri told Christine outright that she was not trying to get passed her resentment. Christine says she doesn't feel special to Kody anymore.

A part of me wonders how much of this is for the storyline and how much is geniune. It looks pretty real IMO.

All the wives admit that Kody is not happy with the separate living situations. Robyn says he has aged 10 years since they moved to Vegas.

They still don't have employment and Kody cashed in his retirement. If they don't get jobs soon, I'm not sure what they will do.

Since Robyn and Kody seem to always go to a midwife center, I bet they have the baby's birth on the tv show. That could boost ratings, although, I have heard that this show is the top rated show for that network!!

+ Reply to Thread