+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 165 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586126 ... LastLast
Like Tree560Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Yep, that's it.

Exactly.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    The "old" house was actually 3 complete, separate family residences under one roof.
    Yes, and their old house was in an area of Utah where there are apparently huge numbers of polygamous families, because whenever you see any aerial shots of those neighborhoods, there's a lot of these huge houses that have several large 'wings' --- and each of those 'wings' probably house each of these individual family units.

When the Browns moved to Nevada, they were disappointed to find that, being a non-polygamous area, those type of houses were practically non-existant -- except possibly for very expensive estates built for the very very wealthy. So I guess they did the next best thing --- with separate houses that they could afford.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

"The Righteous Branch of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" was organized in 1978. Most of its members live near Modena, Utah or Tonopah, Nevada. Maybe they are members of that sect.

I think they should have considered purchasing a former motel. It would have many bedrooms and bathrooms, a large kitchen, large lobby and a pool! It could be revnovated to work out nicely. They could also buy several large mobile homes and hook them together.
    bearwme1, ness and Imperfect1 like this.

I'm excited this show is back. I look forward to tonight. Its upsetting about Christine, she is my favorite. She's had problems basically since Robin came in the family. I knew when Robin announced the pregnancy it would be a problem, Christine just had Truly last season, now Truly wont be the "baby". Hope they work this all out

I have a sister in law who lives in the area of Utah where they originally lived. She says as far as she knows there aren't a large number of polygamous families. Most of the polygamist sects in Utah are apparently in the south eastern part of the state and in northern Arizona and southern Colorado.

So what did you all think?

I feel so sad for Hunter. He was just so happy in Utah.

I did feel badly for Robyn after Cody made the announcement that they were expecting. Many of the young girls did not say anything nor did Janelle. And even though Meri knew prior to the announcement, if would have been nice if she had acknowledged Robyn's great news......I am so sure this is probably why Mariah took the news so badly. Had Mariah seen Meri HAPPY for Robyn, Mariah may have acted differently.

Are any of the adults even working? And how are they affording medical ins for all those children and for Robyn's pregnancy????

The previews look very interesting.
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    So what did you all think?

I feel so sad for Hunter. He was just so happy in Utah.

I did feel badly for Robyn after Cody made the announcement that they were expecting. Many of the young girls did not say anything nor did Janelle. And even though Meri knew prior to the announcement, if would have been nice if she had acknowledged Robyn's great news......I am so sure this is probably why Mariah took the news so badly. Had Mariah seen Meri HAPPY for Robyn, Mariah may have acted differently.

Are any of the adults even working? And how are they affording medical ins for all those children and for Robyn's pregnancy????

The previews look very interesting.
    "We're poor and struggling because we have all these kids, and all these cars, and rent on 4 houses, etc., etc., etc." I feel as badly for them as I did for Kate Gosselin. Made your bed. Lie in it. Shut up.

Something tells me that watching Hunter and the teen-aged girls struggle through massive changes (the move, the new baby) is just the beginning of what the Brown family(ies) are going to be dealing with. Some of them are getting close to 18 and may be making their way back to Utah or to other places where they can live without the "fame" of being on TV.

I think that I would be upset too if I were experiencing lots of money troubles and then my sister wife says that she is pregnant. That means even more expenses and a longer time before Robyn can enter the work force again. I know that Christine has been out with her baby, but why aren't the other women working? I don't get that. How could Kody afford to support all of them, even with the money from the show?

I don't think they should ignore Hunter. When a kid is that withdrawn, miserable and uncommunative, you may need a professional opinion. That's why they have public service announcements regarding bullying, suicide prevention, etc. Ignoring it can lead to terrible outcomes.

It was clear that the wives and the older daughters have no problem speaking their minds. I think that Kody isn't sure how to deal with his opinionated daughter. It looks like she wants to attend a traditional church and to leave the polygmanous lifestyle behind. Notice she's colored her hair very dark too, so different from her blonde parents. She's going to be handful. LOL
    Duckyface and AZChristian like this.

Didn't Mari lose her job when the show started because they didn't want to be associated with it? I would think it would benefited them to have a more centralized housing arrangement than this too financially.

Was Robyn attempting to get pregnant or was it one of those "we're going to do it and if it happens it happens" sort of things?

+ Reply to Thread