+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 176 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485125175 ... LastLast
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

There was a story of the lawsuit on TMZ yesterday. Did anyone notice there was a photo of them all sitting on a couch. There was a large box of colored stripes blocking a view of Robyn. Did anyone see that and do you think it was on purpose so we wouldn't see Robyn's tummy? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Wow! I think it's very brave of the Brown family to challenge the state of Utah and I commend them on their courage to do so. I have very mixed feelings about the ultimate result of the case though, because it's one thing to not allow the "State" to interfere with the private lives of individuals, but often those private lifestyles include the potential of a lot of HARM to those same individuals. If we reduce the right of the State to interfere, we would also be reducing the ability of the State to protect the vulnerable people (e.g. the child brides) who are harmed by those lifestyles. Tough decisions!
    While I don't participate in their lifestyle and it's not something I would do at this point in my life (after doing an open relationship which was different but similar) I support them petitioning for this to be allowed.

Child brides are a horrific thing. Allowing people to be in plural marriages will not change the fact that child molestation and marriage is not legal. These are consenting adults who are agreeing to be in this sort of arrangements. Child brides are a whole other issue altogether which are a reality in a cultish group of people. And realistically there are various cultish groups that are proponents for doing this to children. Passing a law that consenting adults can be free to love as they please will not legitimize child abuse.
    Poppy Fields and sparklete like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

THEY'RE BACK! Sunday, Sept 25th on TLC, and they're also going to be on Anderson Cooper's new afternoon show "Anderson" on Thursday, Sept 22 on the Fox network.

Have you seen the preview clips? It appears that Christine says that Kody is favoring Robyn and that she's not sure what she wants anymore!!!!!! OMG I wonder if Kody is rethinking his decision to move everyone to NV. Things don't seem to be going so smoothly.

For those that watch this I don't get this channel and it's never on when I'm visiting my mom if there's any interesting spoilers could you post them (with tags if needed). I'm interested in this family and how they balance all their stuff. I had a really hard time at the end of my open relationship balancing all of it so I'm interested in seeing how people in these situations manage their feelings and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    For those that watch this I don't get this channel and it's never on when I'm visiting my mom if there's any interesting spoilers could you post them (with tags if needed). I'm interested in this family and how they balance all their stuff. I had a really hard time at the end of my open relationship balancing all of it so I'm interested in seeing how people in these situations manage their feelings and what not.
    I'll post what I can. I think the first episode for this season comes on the 25th. Someone upthread says they'll be on Anderson Cooper's new show on the 22nd. I have found that they don't reveal very much about what's going on in their interviews. They seem to save it all for their show. I'll still catch though, if I can figure out what channel Anderson's new show is on.

Judging from the previews, it looks like they are going through some problems. I would imagine that Kody rotating from house to house throughout the week, makes it very difficult on them all. I'm not sure how he is going to convince the viewers that he is able to husband and parent eveyone living that way.

Wasn't he rotating between houses last season too with the new one?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Someone upthread says they'll be on Anderson Cooper's new show on the 22nd. I have found that they don't reveal very much about what's going on in their interviews. They seem to save it all for their show. I'll still catch though, if I can figure out what channel Anderson's new show is on.
    LOL, that was me: Anderson Cooper's new afternoon show "Anderson" is on the Fox network, at 12 Noon, Central Time. (Not sure what time in other time zones.) Kody and family are scheduled to be on the show tomorrow, Thursday, Sept 22nd.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    Wasn't he rotating between houses last season too with the new one?
    IIRC, yeah, but not to the extent that he's having to do it in NV. There, I think each of the wives has her own house in four different locations/directions from the others.

In Utah, three of the wives and their children all shared/lived in what I believe was referred to as a "polygamists' house", with each wife having her own bedroom. The fourth wife and her kids lived in a separate house a few minutes' drive away from the main house.

That's what I recall. If I'm wrong, please, anybody feel free to correct me!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

The "old" house was actually 3 complete, separate family residences under one roof.

+ Reply to Thread