+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 177 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123173 ... LastLast
Like Tree694Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    In NC where I live, it is illegal to live openly with someone to whom you are not married if you are doing it lewdly and lasciviously, whatever that means. It's an old law that is still on the books, so the Browns could have been prosecuted here for their lifestyle, even though no one else is.
    Seven states still have anti-cohabitation laws on the books, but they are almost never enforced and are now believed to be unconstitutional since the legal decision Lawrence v. Texas 539 U.S. 558 (2003). In this Supreme Court case, the majority held that intimate consensual sexual conduct was part of the liberty protected by substantive due process under the Fourteenth Amendment. Lawrence has the effect of invalidating similar laws throughout the United States,
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 05-30-2011 at 09:10 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Whats up with Christines nose in the last 2 or 3 episodes... wOw.. it was red as a beet!
    If Santa ever needs to replace Rudoplh.... Christine is a natural!

I was feeling a bit worried about her....I wondered if it might be high blood pressure or something because her nose was so red and her cheeks also looked flushed.

If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares... why is there a song about him?

I have not watched Sunday night's episode yet. I will say that Christine looks like she may have Rossasia (sp?) It's a skin condition that causes redness on the face. My great-grandfather and aunt had it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Lostgirl's avatar is a crack-up!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Lostgirl View Post
    Whats up with Christines nose in the last 2 or 3 episodes... wOw.. it was red as a beet!
    Yes, I have noticed that since the show started. It seems like the tip of her nose is always red.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have not watched Sunday night's episode yet.
    Debb, there was no epi on Sunday. I believe that show "big gypsy wedding" was in their time slot. I think there is a 2 hour finale coming up this Sunday.
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Gin blossoms, ala Ted Kennedy??? Surely, you need to drink to tolerate all of those people!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Okay. I thought something was off. I was out of town, but looked through the channels and didn't see it. I did see about 5 seconds about the gypsy wedding. LOL That's not for me.

So I've never really watched this show before, but I was bored today and saw a bunch of epis in a row along with the hour-long new one. And honestly, I kinda felt sorry for the bunch of them. Law enforcement in Utah must not have enough criminals to chase, I guess. This isn't a Warren Jeffs compound that marries off 14-year-old girls to creepy old men...I just saw a group of consenting adults and women who don't seem in the least bit oppressed. It's not for me - gawd, the thought of living with a bunch of women and having to share a kitchen and bathroom with the lot of them - but the kids are well-fed, clothed, and looked after, and everyone seems fairly sane.

I don't care much for Kody - I mean, c'mon, man, it's not your religious freedom people have an issue with, be honest with yourself at least - I think he doesn't fully grasp how precarious his position as head of the household(s) is. His new little number 4 is a sharp cookie - she managed to ingratiate herself in with the other women before she got pregnant with Kody's child. And arranging to tell wife no. 1 first, in "private" - yep, she's good.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

It always amazes me how many people are so preoccupied with the sex life of other people. Who cares that this man and these women are a family and apparently they all want to be there together so whose business really is it. Apparently Utah has no real crimes to solve.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    So I've never really watched this show before, but I was bored today and saw a bunch of epis in a row along with the hour-long new one. And honestly, I kinda felt sorry for the bunch of them. Law enforcement in Utah must not have enough criminals to chase, I guess. This isn't a Warren Jeffs compound that marries off 14-year-old girls to creepy old men...I just saw a group of consenting adults and women who don't seem in the least bit oppressed. It's not for me - gawd, the thought of living with a bunch of women and having to share a kitchen and bathroom with the lot of them - but the kids are well-fed, clothed, and looked after, and everyone seems fairly sane.

I don't care much for Kody - I mean, c'mon, man, it's not your religious freedom people have an issue with, be honest with yourself at least - I think he doesn't fully grasp how precarious his position as head of the household(s) is. His new little number 4 is a sharp cookie - she managed to ingratiate herself in with the other women before she got pregnant with Kody's child. And arranging to tell wife no. 1 first, in "private" - yep, she's good.
    ITA with what you said....I don't agree with the compound way of life where 13 and 14 year old girls are put in marriage books and abused..but these kids seem well adjusted and their parents want them to get an education and be their own person...as I have stated many times..these are grown consinting adults who have made a choice to live in this lifestyle, they have always worked and aren't living off any govt aid ...I would think Utah had much more serious crimes to look after..and its sad...no Kody is not my favorite but he does take responsibility for his wives and his children unlike so many men who marry..make babies..walk away and turn their backs on their kids and then just move on to another woman and make babies and repeat the same thing over and over and yet society seems to think that this is okay ..but its not okay for a grown man to keep the same women and take care of them and want his children and does everything he can to take care of them
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread