+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 176 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122172 ... LastLast
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

There could be several reasons it was done so swiftly. This is all IMO. I have no information to prove this, but I think that perhaps his attorney said, this is what they are thinking. They will not give me a time deadline, but if I were you, I would not pussy foot around. I would get out while the getting is good, before someone changes their mind. So, that would explain why they had to move fast. Also, I suspect the reason they didn't want their friends knowing they were moving is that they could have called the prosecutor's office and said Hey, that guy you are supposed to be charging with bigamy is getting ready to move out of state. I would imagine they didn't want everybody knowing up front that they basically had permission to leave.

Also, it's drama for the tv show and that is always loved.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    There could be several reasons it was done so swiftly. This is all IMO. I have no information to prove this, but I think that perhaps his attorney said, this is what they are thinking. They will not give me a time deadline, but if I were you, I would not pussy foot around. I would get out while the getting is good, before someone changes their mind. So, that would explain why they had to move fast. Also, I suspect the reason they didn't want their friends knowing they were moving is that they could have called the prosecutor's office and said Hey, that guy you are supposed to be charging with bigamy is getting ready to move out of state. I would imagine they didn't want everybody knowing up front that they basically had permission to leave.

Also, it's drama for the tv show and that is always loved.
    BUT...since it is not filmed live, don't you think it would add more drama to show the "secret meetings" with "the attorney" and all that? Or at least them showing up to have the meetings? The drama seems to come from Koday's interaction with the wives and kids over the news of the move and the finality of it all. There is no legal drama...at all.

I think the deadline was all in Kody's head.

I could be wrong but I have not seen anything other than rumors that come out of Kody's mouth about them being in legal trouble. Does anyone have a link showing Utah is even interested in legally pursuing this family this year? I know in the past they made noises but are they now?
    Last edited by LovesSnowCO; 05-24-2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: clarification

It could all have been in Kody's head, but I suspect that a local attorney may not want to be shown representing the Browns on tv. It might cause them disapproval from other clients if they know they are representing polygamists clients.

The small tid bits from the Browns about legal counsel makes me wonder why. IMO only an idiot would not have had an attorney on retainer to check with the prosecutor's office and create communication so they would know if the state was inclined to charge and if so, arrange to make it voluntary, so they don't bust into their home in the middle of the night and cuff him.

I may be off base. Perhaps they just created the fear in their own mind, however, polygamy is illegal in Utah. I would imagine the D.A.'s office in their county would look silly just letting them keep on filming and airing these shows without anything being done to prosecute him.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    It could all have been in Kody's head, but I suspect that a local attorney may not want to be shown representing the Browns on tv. It might cause them disapproval from other clients if they know they are representing polygamists clients.

The small tid bits from the Browns about legal counsel makes me wonder why. IMO only an idiot would not have had an attorney on retainer to check with the prosecutor's office and create communication so they would know if the state was inclined to charge and if so, arrange to make it voluntary, so they don't bust into their home in the middle of the night and cuff him.

I may be off base. Perhaps they just created the fear in their own mind, however, polygamy is illegal in Utah. I would imagine the D.A.'s office in their county would look silly just letting them keep on filming and airing these shows without anything being done to prosecute him.
    Makes me wonder HOW or WHY they are even in a state that does not allow their lifestyle; to begin with . and to live ALL THOSE YEARS w/o incident.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Makes me wonder HOW or WHY they are even in a state that does not allow their lifestyle; to begin with . and to live ALL THOSE YEARS w/o incident.
    In my experience there are many things that are illegal. In some people people can be prosecuted for cheating on their spouses for example. However, if it flys under the radar it's a matter of don't ask/don't tell. Kody was no longer flying under the radar and making a scene with this show. Hard to look the other way when you go out of your way to make people notice it.

I think the law is archaic. If he wants to live with all these women and the women consent to it it's no one's business but their's.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I think the law is archaic. If he wants to live with all these women and the women consent to it it's no one's business but their's.

Its not for me, personally, but they should be allowed to live whatever lifestyle they choose. They arent on government assistance, they are a loving family and good parents... even if there are MORE parents than usual.

In NC where I live, it is illegal to live openly with someone to whom you are not married if you are doing it lewdly and lasciviously, whatever that means. It's an old law that is still on the books, so the Browns could have been prosecuted here for their lifestyle, even though no one else is.

Quote Originally Posted by lilcountriegal View Post

Its not for me, personally, but they should be allowed to live whatever lifestyle they choose. They arent on government assistance, they are a loving family and good parents... even if there are MORE parents than usual.
    when I look back at someone like me..who is divorced and my ex husband is on wife #10 or 11...I can't keep tract...He has children with his first 3 wives of which I am one and I have heard that there are probably 2 more children of his out there

even though there are times when Kody creeps me out...I have to respect the fact that when he took a woman on..it wasn't just until he got tired of her and was ready to move on to the next one...\

as far as I have seen he has taken responbility for all of his children and in this day and age where so many parents just walk away and think they don't have to do anything anymore he has stepped up to the plate

I don't agree with the ones who live in the compounds and use children..but this family and I am sure that there are many more like them that should be left alone to live their lives the way they choose..they aren't hurting anyone
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I try to avoid this show, but I was watching TLC last night and they showed a preview for a one-hour special. I was surprised by how they appeared to show Robyn and Kody talking about the baby on the way. It seems like they were sharing it with the cameras first before they even told the other wives. This baffled me! I don't understand how Kody operates.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I try to avoid this show, but I was watching TLC last night and they showed a preview for a one-hour special. I was surprised by how they appeared to show Robyn and Kody talking about the baby on the way. It seems like they were sharing it with the cameras first before they even told the other wives. This baffled me! I don't understand how Kody operates.
    Well we will have to see and it would not surprise me after the way she played those games with picking out her wedding dress.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread