+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 177 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576116166 ... LastLast
Like Tree694Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Sister Wives

Kody. It is what it is. So many women, voluntarily, knuckle under to men and strive to impress them. Gimme a break. I even see it on this board, and it makes me sick and feel sorry for them; if a man posts, they start dancing, and trying to strut with their flurry of responses.

Who doesn't see that???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Kody. It is what it is. So many women, voluntarily, knuckle under to men and strive to impress them. Gimme a break. I even see it on this board, and it makes me sick and feel sorry for them; if a man posts, they start dancing, and trying to strut with their flurry of responses.

Who doesn't see that???
    Some women actually enjoy that life. It's not for me. I'm not that kind of woman that there are many women who are perfectly content to be subservient to men. I was not that woman and as such am no longer married. But I'm ok with that.

If these women are not ok with the situation they are in they are free to leave.

I have jokingly and not jokingly told people that I don't like them at any given moment. I don't think Kody is the most mature person but then again we're only seeing snippets of his life with these women. I don't know what their preferred communication style is. If someone took a snippet of conversations my friend and I have when we're debating they would think we hated each other with a passion which is far from the truth. Just how we communicate.

Who doesn't see that???
    Men posts on these boards? Really? LOL Actually, I'm really serious. Most of the usernames either are female or sex neutral, so I never really think about it. I guess I assume most posters are women when the show is something like Sister Wives, Army Wives, DWTS, HouseWives, etc. I think there may be some men posting on the topics about music or movies. That was my impression, but honestly, anyone could use any username and claim they are a man. You never know.

I'm responding to the question about why would it matter if they moved to Nevada for legal reasons. While it is still illegal in Nevada, that state is not considered as conservative as Utah. Also, since Utah is the headquarters of the Mormon church, they have a little more at stake when it could look like they were condoning the polygamy or looking the other way. I don't think Nevada concerns itself with that kind of thing. They even have prostituion legalized in some counties. That's my take on it anyway.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol View Post
    I don't understand. What does it matter if they leave? Is it not illegal everywhere? And won't there still be a warrant for him anyway?
    Plural marriage is a little different in Utah, because Utah law asserts that one cannot cohabit with multiple sexual partners. Utah has not charged, much less arrested, this family for violation of this law. In my opinion, they never would. They don't want to touch it.

As long as you don't have concurrent marriage licenses with different spouses, other states don't consider cohabitation with multiple sexual partners (in addition to your spouse) an issue. Polygamy (bigamy) is illegal everywhere. Cohabitation is not.

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSo
    I think they were lying when he asked if they ever felt closer to a sister wife then him at times.
    Me, too.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Who doesn't see that???
    Shay, you just reminded me: I miss AngloAm !
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Plural marriage is a little different in Utah, because Utah law asserts that one cannot cohabit with multiple sexual partners. Utah has not charged, much less arrested, this family for violation of this law. In my opinion, they never would. They don't want to touch it.

As long as you don't have concurrent marriage licenses with different spouses, other states don't consider cohabitation with multiple sexual partners (in addition to your spouse) an issue. Polygamy (bigamy) is illegal everywhere. Cohabitation is not.

Me, too.
    I could be wrong, but I had heard that in Nevada, Kody has set up each of the wives in her own house. If that's true --- the answer to why they would do that, could very well be that he would no longer be "cohabitating" with multiple women if they all lived in separate houses, and Kodys "official residence" was with Meri, his legal wife. (Then, he'd be just like any other guy who had mistresses and children outside of his marriage. )

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I had heard that in Nevada, Kody has set up each of the wives in her own house. If that's true --- the answer to why they would do that, could very well be that he would no longer be "cohabitating" with multiple women if they all lived in separate houses, and Kodys "official residence" was with Meri, his legal wife. (Then, he'd be just like any other guy who had mistresses and children outside of his marriage. )
    Actually, they could have done that in Utah and side-stepped the co-habitation issue. I think that doing the TV show is what prompted the threat of charges against them.

If I recall their local Utah municipality (Sheriff?) asked the state attorney general to investigate whether or not the family should be prosecuted. They weren't.

Still, if the state had pursued it, they might have had their kids fostered out! I think that the remote possibility of the AG changing his mind, alone, would make them want to leave Utah.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 05-11-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Ahhh now I understand. Kody has a legal marriage license with Meri & is only legally married to her. Geeze I wouldn't want to file their income taxes.

So hmmm if these 4 women will now have their own homes I wonder in whcih one Kody will reside.

I really can't tolertate this show. I am sorry but if I am in a relationship I would demand an equal say.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Geeze I wouldn't want to file their income taxes.
    Hmmm…interesting thought…how do they do their taxes? Do the other 3 list themselves as single and then each claim their kiddos with Kody…?
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Hmmm…interesting thought…how do they do their taxes? Do the other 3 list themselves as single and then each claim their kiddos with Kody…?
    I'm guessing wives number 2, 3, and 4 have to file as single heads of households, as all single moms do.

+ Reply to Thread