+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 177 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115165 ... LastLast
Like Tree694Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Is this show over for the season? It was not on last Sunday or yesterday????
    I see in the tv listings that it will be back next week.

I didn't watch the two new episodes tonight..will catch them later in the week on a re run or on video on demand..but from what i read its when they make the decision to move
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Kinda sad this week. While the family is celebrating Christmas and trying to have fun it appeared they have to get out of Utah or possibly face charges for the lifestyle they have chosen to live. I believe it was the show that actually 'outed' them. (The show that THEY decided to do.)
    I felt really badly for the teen kiddos who (along with Christine) do not want to leave Utah at all. Very sad indeed.

I thought Kody was a jerk to Christine while everyone is trying to get ready to go on their Xmas holiday, Kody is acting like the world is coming to an end while he tries very hard to get HIMSELF ready for the trip and asks Christine a question about Janelle. Kody doesn't like her answer and tells her in front of quite a few of the kiddos "I don't like you right now"……..HUH. Idiot.
    KAREN

Momrek, I must have missed that part. I was feeling just the opposite after watching last night. I did sense the tension.

I actually for the first time felt some real fondness for the family and compassion for their situation after watching the shows last night. I think that Kody's attorney must have give him some scary news. He acted more afraid than I have seen him before. I wonder if the prosecutor's office gave an informal message to Kody's attorney that they needed to get out of town or he would be forced to charge them. That's my take on it. I don't think they left just because they felt uncomfortable. I think they really had to do it.

I have always thought that the show paid for the vacations when people are on these shows, but after seeing that small cablin, I suspect their family must have paid for it. It was way too small for all those people IMO. Being cozy is fine, but that was really packed.

Lynn seemed to be fitting in better than I had expected. Perhaps she is not going to cause trouble as I had thought. THis is unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Momrek, I must have missed that part. I was feeling just the opposite after watching last night. I did sense the tension.

I actually for the first time felt some real fondness for the family and compassion for their situation after watching the shows last night. I think that Kody's attorney must have give him some scary news. He acted more afraid than I have seen him before. I wonder if the prosecutor's office gave an informal message to Kody's attorney that they needed to get out of town or he would be forced to charge them. That's my take on it. I don't think they left just because they felt uncomfortable. I think they really had to do it.

I have always thought that the show paid for the vacations when people are on these shows, but after seeing that small cablin, I suspect their family must have paid for it. It was way too small for all those people IMO. Being cozy is fine, but that was really packed.

Lynn seemed to be fitting in better than I had expected. Perhaps she is not going to cause trouble as I had thought. THis is unexpected.
    Ya, it was right as the show started. Kody was in Christine's apt with all her kiddos, scrambling to get HIMSELF all packed. He (appeared) to have allot on his mind. He asked Christine, who was busy with her brood, about something to do with Janelle, when Christine said something along the lines of "Kody, I am not a mind reader".and he replied, "Ok, well I am not liking you right now" . HUH, in front of all the kiddos.

Who is Lynne?
    KAREN

I'll check it out later.

I thought it interesting that when the wives were talking about how close they were, he asked them if at any point were they closer to each other than to him. They said no. it was almost as if they didn't want to bruise his ego.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Ya, it was right as the show started. Kody was in Christine's apt with all her kiddos, scrambling to get HIMSELF all packed. He (appeared) to have allot on his mind. He asked Christine, who was busy with her brood, about something to do with Janelle, when Christine said something along the lines of "Kody, I am not a mind reader".and he replied, "Ok, well I am not liking you right now" . HUH, in front of all the kiddos.

Who is Lynne?
    First of all, let me qualify and say that I did not see the episode in question. However, when you ask someone something and their reply is "I'm not a mind reader," that just begs for smart mouth reply. A nicer answer would be, "Sorry, Kody. I have no idea." I think that would be less likely to irritate when tensions were already high.
    Again, I didn't see myself what went on so this is only speculation on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    First of all, let me qualify and say that I did not see the episode in question. However, when you ask someone something and their reply is "I'm not a mind reader," that just begs for smart mouth reply. A nicer answer would be, "Sorry, Kody. I have no idea." I think that would be less likely to irritate when tensions were already high.
    Again, I didn't see myself what went on so this is only speculation on my part.
    To be honest it was hard to hear them (as they softly) bantered back and forth as the kiddos were also in the room and at times Kody was talking AT the camera (about the trip) and other times the camera was filming Kody and Christine.
    Kody asked Christine several questions. Kody did not like Christine's answers as it related to Janelle and finally Christine just turned to Kody (as she could tell she was not giving him the answer he wanted) and said "well I am not a mind reader" at which Kody looked at her and said "I am not liking you right now".
    It was a little childish.
    First of all, neither raised their voices at all. I was actually playing scrabble on my Ipad and watching and listening and when Kody said "I am not liking you right now" it was then that I rewound it to see what exactly prompted him to say that Chrisitine was calm and after he said it she basically turned to him and said "ok".
    I just thought his comment was uncalled for. JMHO.
    KAREN

I understand where you're coming from and that's one reason I wanted to make it clear that I hadn't actually watched. I guess I'm thinking that "a soft answer turneth away wrath." Or if you've been married as long as I have, we know hot buttons that will cause feelings to rise (not in a good way) and likely lead to harsh comments.

I also sometimes feel a little sorry for Kody as sometimes people seem to beat him up and I think it's often partly because it makes us uncomfortable watching the family dynamic. He's not someone I would want to befriend or hang out with, but it isn't as though the women he married were beat over the head and forced into that situation. They love him and chose that life. I agree he might be a little creepy and immature, but part of that for me could be the overall creepiness of watching him interact with all the women. And honestly, most men I know would not want the job of trying to keep four wives happy. I know I wouldn't want to juggle more than one husband!

I don't understand. What does it matter if they leave? Is it not illegal everywhere? And won't there still be a warrant for him anyway?

I think they were lying when he asked if they ever felt closer to a sister
    wife then him at times.

+ Reply to Thread