+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 171 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113163 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 1707
Like Tree628Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

  1. #621
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    29

    Re: Sister Wives

    I wonder what Robin's children's father thinks of this arrangement? Have they ever said anything? Is he completely out of the picture?

  2. #622
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Sister Wives

    Poppy, I understand what you are saying here but I think the difference is that only the man is "allowed" to have more than one spouse.

    If I truly believed that each and every "wife" was 100% ok with this arrangement, I would say "to each his own."

    I just don't see that as being the case and because of that, I have a problem with it.
    I can understand open marriages where both are free to be with others much more than when only one spouse is "allowed."
    It's definitely not for me and must take a very rare and extremely tolerant woman to live this way.

  3. #623
    FORT Fogey causingchaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,823

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Poppy, I understand what you are saying here but I think the difference is that only the man is "allowed" to have more than one spouse.

    If I truly believed that each and every "wife" was 100% ok with this arrangement, I would say "to each his own."

    I just don't see that as being the case and because of that, I have a problem with it.
    I can understand open marriages where both are free to be with others much more than when only one spouse is "allowed."
    It's definitely not for me and must take a very rare and extremely tolerant woman to live this way.
    They may be feeling some regret for engaging in this lifestyle but they are free to enter and leave it as adults. I feel that some of his wives are having feelings of discomfort with this arrangement but if they don't leave then that is a something they will have to deal with. I can't disagree with the entire lifestyle or arrangement because people who may not have been mentally prepared for what it involved got involved with it. And some of that is Kody picking wives who may not be ready for what it involved but the wives have the power to say "no" and leave.

    There are numerous polyamorous relationships styles where only one partner is "open" and not both. There's a large continuum. And reality is many monogamous relationships are not as monogamous as people want to believe as well.

    There's no such thing as continually 100% ok with these arrangements. Just like a monogamous relationship there are periods of ups and downs and questioning. With these relationships more factors into those times. But again if the women are that uncomfortable they can leave.

  4. #624
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by lcmamom View Post
    I wonder what Robin's children's father thinks of this arrangement? Have they ever said anything? Is he completely out of the picture?
    if I understood correctly when Robyn was first intrduced she said her and her ex husband were brought up in the poly lifestyle and that she always expected him to take other wives but that they never found anyone that they wanted to bring into the family as another wife
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  5. #625
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    3,799

    Re: Sister Wives

    TMZ showed Kody and all the wives in a donut shop (on last nights show) and Kody was feeding Janelle a donut … boring clip actually BUT when they were all walking out of the donut shop you could see them clearly and Robyn is just so thin … when is her baby due? She is not showing one bit.
    KAREN

  6. #626
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    TMZ showed Kody and all the wives in a donut shop (on last nights show) and Kody was feeding Janelle a donut … boring clip actually BUT when they were all walking out of the donut shop you could see them clearly and Robyn is just so thin … when is her baby due? She is not showing one bit.
    well I will have to give Kody credit for one thing...he doesn't seem to care what size his wives are..yes Robyn is the smallet but he seems to love Jeanelle just as much even though she is larger...it seems to come from within not based on their looks...wish more guys could learn that lesson..you have never heard him make any comments on how someone should lose weight or anything..he accepts them for who they are..but of course they accept him as he is married to 4 women...I think in this type of relationship you have to have a lot of love and forgivness and it wouldn't do good to nit pick on things
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  7. #627
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,080

    Re: Sister Wives

    Besides....he is outnumbered! Women, generally, "don't play that"!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  8. #628
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: Sister Wives

    I have read that sometime this season they make a move to Las Vegas...I don't understand why..I know things might have been hard on the in Utah....but Vegas has one of the worst jobless rates in the country and one of the largest home forclosures since people are wasting money gambling..the only advantage I could see is that they probably won't be judged by others and unless both Kody and Jeanelle lost their jobs like Meri did, I don't understand the move since these two seem to be the biggest bread winners in the family..and if Robyn has been able to find a job she will have to take time off now since she will be having a baby in October...watch and see Christine who just had truly won't like be one upped and I betcha anything Christine will try to get pregnant again soon
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  9. #629
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    3,799

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I have read that sometime this season they make a move to Las Vegas...I don't understand why..I know things might have been hard on the in Utah....but Vegas has one of the worst jobless rates in the country and one of the largest home forclosures since people are wasting money gambling..the only advantage I could see is that they probably won't be judged by others and unless both Kody and Jeanelle lost their jobs like Meri did, I don't understand the move since these two seem to be the biggest bread winners in the family..and if Robyn has been able to find a job she will have to take time off now since she will be having a baby in October...watch and see Christine who just had truly won't like be one upped and I betcha anything Christine will try to get pregnant again soon
    Did you watch last night's show, BF? As they showed previews for coming shows, Kody announces the move to Las Vegas and it appears this does not go well at all. Everyone was crying. The next few episodes appear to be very stressful as they prepare to move.

    I am so glad Meri (with her family history) finally got herself a colonoscopy. Thankfully, the polyps removed where not cancerous. Why she did not run to have this checked out after her sister died, amazes me. OR after her sister was diagnosed. (I realize they are a p.i.t.a., I have had 2). This country along with Katie Couric has talked and talked and advised and suggested to everyone over the age of 50 or anyone with any family history to get a colonoscopy. Even the Sister Wives all told her over and over again to go. So that is done. She needs to return in 3 years where most with a polyp return in 5 years and those with no polyps return in 10 years. Meri will always be in the high risk category as well as her daughter (I believe).

    I was surprised how candid Robyn was about while she loves Kody and has a fab relationship with her SW's, when they are planning out an event, she stated he always comes into the middle of it and does not necessarily have the best plan that was set into motion by the SW's. Hmm, oh well, Robyn, you married him, he is yours now.
    KAREN

  10. #630
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,080

    Re: Sister Wives

    No....actually, Meri married him. The other women just sleep with him. YUCK!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.