+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 178 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112162 ... LastLast
Like Tree695Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Oh, ok, Debb, I was not sure what direction you were going in with your post. Ugh. I am so glad you cleared that up for me!
    Sorry, I didn't mean to over react. I was just anxious to say that I was not on board myself. Live and let live is more of what I meant. LOL

I have tried to imagine me sharing my man with other wives. I just can't seem to erase the ick factor. Without getting too personal, the idea of the bed hopping is just a turn off. I guess you have to put that totally out of your mind. I don't think I could. Not to mention the kissing. They each see that going on right in front of them. Yuck.

well for those of us wondered when

Baby on the Way for Sister Wives' Kody and Robyn Brown - E! Online

Kody Brown, the star of TLC's Sister Wives, just found out he'll be a father yet again. This time, the mother is his fourth wife Robyn, and this will be their first child together.

"You should have seen the look on his face when we found out. It was priceless," Robyn tells People. "I'm overjoyed," Kody adds. "This connects Robyn and I together in a way that nobody can take away."

The baby, due in October, will be the 17th child for the Brown family. Robyn, who has three children from a previous marriage, wed Kody during the last season of Sister Wives, and then the family relocated to Las Vegas. Season two of Sister Wives is currently airing on TLC.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post

Kody Brown, the star of TLC's Sister Wives, just found out he'll be a father yet again. This time, the mother is his fourth wife Robyn, and this will be their first child together.

"You should have seen the look on his face when we found out. It was priceless," Robyn tells People. "I'm overjoyed," Kody adds. "This connects Robyn and I together in a way that nobody can take away."

The baby, due in October, will be the 17th child for the Brown family. Robyn, who has three children from a previous marriage, wed Kody during the last season of Sister Wives, and then the family relocated to Las Vegas. Season two of Sister Wives is currently airing on TLC.
    Thanks for that info Butterfly. Geesh...SEVENTEENTH child? Is Kody still driving the Lexus convertible with leather interior? I guess the advertising sales business must be doing quite well these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post

I think wife #3 will be extremely jealous because I believe she's insecure with wife #4, to begin with, but also because her newest child (Truly) will no longer be the baby of the family which will add to her stress . Wives #1 and #2 will pretty much go with the flow, as they usually do, IMO.

Sorry.... I couldn't think of everybody's name.

I agree, Tinderbox. Wife #3 has not had the experience of getting used to a new wife like the other two have. By that I mean, the other two were already there so she knew what she was getting into and she was the new wife. To her credit, she is aware of this, but it is certainly going to be hardest on her.

I would be interested in seeing a psychological evaluation for Kody and the wives. What does it say about someone who is mentally suited for that lifestyle? I think that would be interesting.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I would be interested in seeing a psychological evaluation for Kody and the wives. What does it say about someone who is mentally suited for that lifestyle? I think that would be interesting.
    I find it ironic that we all accept serial monogamy. I know people who have been married 3 and 4 times! Each divorce brought untold grief, anger, and pain especially when there were children involved. Almost all of these divorces involved a cheating spouse.

I figure these people find that socially common practice as unacceptable as some of us find plural marriage. I'm not sure which is worse. I am, however, pretty sure that if I were married to Kody I'd be delighted that he'd only spend 1 a night a week in my bed and that when he HAD to be there, he would not be passing STDs from random extra-marital "conquests" to me.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I find it ironic that we all accept serial monogamy. I know people who have been married 3 and 4 times! Each divorce brought untold grief, anger, and pain especially when there were children involved. Almost all of these divorces involved a cheating spouse.

I figure these people find that socially common practice as unacceptable as some of us find plural marriage. I'm not sure which is worse. I am, however, pretty sure that if I were married to Kody I'd be delighted that he'd only spend 1 a night a week in my bed and that when he HAD to be there, he would not be passing STDs from random extra-marital "conquests" to me.
    To a degree society looks at the "swinger" lifestyle more favorably this this, which depending on the rules of the relationship can be very similar to this. I had an open relationship in my younger days and for me at that time in my life it worked out very well for me. It wasn't the same as their plural relationship as the openness applied to both me and my boyfriend at the time. The relationship ended when I decided I wanted to dabble in monogamy and I didn't feel it was right for me to ask him to change his lifestyle to fit my lifestyle change. It was very amicable and we were friends for a long time (our lives ended up taking us to vastly different places in the end).

While the lifestyle isn't for everyone, it is for some people. And I do think that all parties involved should be consenting adults and be giving informed consent to this type of relationship. I've experienced cheating from different angles and for me there was a huge difference between the open relationship and cheating. I don't tolerate cheating in what is supposed to be a monogamous relationship in my world (mostly due to the breech of trust and lies involved). I also think that people who do this need to be self aware and on this show it appears some of the women are not very self aware and have some difficulty with this choice they made.

It's difficult to maintain these relationships due to the honesty with your partners and yourself involved as well as the emotional things that go on. But they seem to be giving it a good go and I respect them for sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post

to some extent I do agree with you...my ex husband is on wife #10 right now and even thought I don't interfer with his visitation of our daughter he rarely bothers to see her except when he dumps one woman and moves on to the next and then he has to PLAY at being this good daddy..this lifestyle is not for me..but they are grown adults..they are not pushing children into this and have made it clear they will support their children no matter what and these kids get the benefit of having a dad that is there for them anytime..as the wives said on this past episode..Kody doesn't go out and do the things other men do..golf etc but he chooses to spend it with his children and in the long run having that parentel care is very important to a child

and you are totally right..you don't have to worry about any STD's
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I think wife #3 will be extremely jealous because I believe she's insecure with wife #4, to begin with, but also because her newest child (Truly) will no longer be the baby of the family which will add to her stress . Wives #1 and #2 will pretty much go with the flow, as they usually do, IMO.

Sorry.... I couldn't think of everybody's name.
    Is Christine wife #3? I agree, I don't think she is going to handle this latest development too well. I would be willing to be she will try to get pregnant again ASAP... just to "one-up" Robin

+ Reply to Thread