+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 177 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161 ... LastLast
Like Tree694Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Sister Wives

Your point of view makes sense to me. I like the way it's done, as opposed to the everyday goings-on. If it went to way of everyday living, there'd be crabbing about it being scripted.

I still think they are gross, but I still check in.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It was all about Halloween!!! It was a fun epi with all the kids and parents decorating TONS of pumpkins and all dressing up for trick or treating!!!
    KAREN

One thing that is very odd to me is that I generally associate the religion of Mormonism with a high degree of conservatism, yet the Browns do not seem to be conservative in the least, politically or socially or in any way. Believe me its not a criticism, I am as liberal as all get-out, it is just one more thing that perplexes me about this family

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer View Post
    One thing that is very odd to me is that I generally associate the religion of Mormonism with a high degree of conservatism, yet the Browns do not seem to be conservative in the least, politically or socially or in any way. Believe me its not a criticism, I am as liberal as all get-out, it is just one more thing that perplexes me about this family
    Having more than one wife does not signal conservative people to me at all. Quite the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer View Post

What about them do you consider to be unconservative? I bet they vote Republican. I don't know this, but suspect it. I bet they are pro-life, in favor of the death penalty, against government involvement in people's lives', against drinking, drugs, R rated movies, showing too much skin in attire, etc. I consider that conservative.

Of course, you never know. The Osmond family used to be big Republicans, however, when Donny was on The View during the last presidential campaign, he said it was an Obama supporter! LOL

FORT Newbie

It would be more reasonable for them to be Libertarians since that is very little government interference. However they haven't said. Their actions to ME indicate a "Libertarian lifestyle", (if there is such one) not a "Morman" lifestyle, lol.

I find this whole thing fascinating. Suppose I had four husbands and I pop out a kid yearly... with multiple fathers (I don't know who is the daddy, honey take a paternity test lol) would TLC offer me a show or shudder in horror and call me a slut? I could find some "religion" to back up my views somewhere I know!

I like the wives, I'd probably enjoy having a cup of coffee with them but their lifestyle really befuddles me. I wonder if they are desiring a large "extended" family to live with to fill some need (I understand THAT) and this is their way of creating one...and they are willing to pay the price of polygamy. I say that because their religious views are not stressed.

I still haven't decided how I really feel about their lifestyle. I'm still on the fence.

I was a huge Big Love fan. That show offered much info on this lifestyle, even though it was fictional.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I still haven't decided how I really feel about their lifestyle. I'm still on the fence.

I was a huge Big Love fan. That show offered much info on this lifestyle, even though it was fictional.
    I was a hugh Big Love fan. HUGE. Loved that show. Awesome. BUT that being said there is absolutely no way I would want that lifestyle. No way.

And watching SW after BL, ugh, I just do not know how these ladies are happy at all. Sharing their husband with 3 other woman and not forgetting Kody saying in Season 1 that it would be just 'sickening' if Meri was interested in another man (something along those lines) this to me is very very warped.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    I was a hugh Big Love fan. HUGE. Loved that show. Awesome. BUT that being said there is absolutely no way I would want that lifestyle. No way.

And watching SW after BL, ugh, I just do not know how these ladies are happy at all. Sharing their husband with 3 other woman … and not forgetting Kody saying in Season 1 that it would be just 'sickening' if Meri was interested in another man … (something along those lines) … this to me is very very warped.
    Oh, heck no, I'm not considering if I would like it. No way for me, but just in general. I tend to think others should live their life to their convictions with as little interference as possible from government or others, with exceptions for when children or animals are being harmed. I haven't decided if this is one of those things that actually does harm the children. I don't know.

I will say that in the fictional world of Big Love, Bill and Barb's kids were harmed as was Nicki's daughter. Nicki and Bill were also harmed growing up in the name of polygamy.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Oh, heck no, I'm not considering if I would like it. No way for me, but just in general. I tend to think others should live their life to their convictions with as little interference as possible from government or others, with exceptions for when children or animals are being harmed. I haven't decided if this is one of those things that actually does harm the children. I don't know.

I will say that in the fictional world of Big Love, Bill and Barb's kids were harmed as was Nicki's daughter. Nicki and Bill were also harmed growing up in the name of polygamy.
    Oh, ok, Debb, I was not sure what direction you were going in with your post. Ugh. I am so glad you cleared that up for me!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread