+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 176 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110160 ... LastLast
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer View Post
    I can't help it, I find the wives and the kids likeable. As much as I don't understand their choice to live this lifestyle, I respect their desire to live the way they choose to. The kids seem well taken care of and loved. I do think for the most part they seem happy, I think that is what I find the most perplexing but I respect and in some odd way admire it. I still don't like Kody much though lol but I don't totally detest him like I used to.
    ITA with all of the above, they seem to want education for their children, they want them to find love whether it is in their lifestyle or not, I also think that if you have grown consenting adults who choose to live this life..more power to them...they are not pushing their teenage daughters to get married or pushing them into it with some older man who has 15 wives already nor has Kody gone chasing at the high school...not that I like him that much...I do respect that he recognzes the difference and has even commented on how others that do that to young girls make it hard on the ones that just have normal lives and families
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'd like to choose which law that I desire to flaunt/break, then, and be left alone, too. Either it's OK, or it's not...and I will find a religion upon which to say it's based.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'd like to choose which law that I desire to flaunt/break, then, and be left alone, too. Either it's OK, or it's not...and I will find a religion upon which to say it's based.

There are lots of laws left on the books that are ridiculous, don't make sense and are not enforced anymore. Abuse in any way shape or form should be illegal, but I am not sure why polygamy should be, and in most places it isn't.

There are lots of laws left on the books that are ridiculous, don't make sense and are not enforced anymore. Abuse in any way shape or form should be illegal, but I am not sure why polygamy should be, and in most places it isn't.
    IA as long as you have grown consenting adults...I do NOT agree with polygamy when it involves children that are forced into a marriage
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I think all the women are really likeable and Kody's not too obnoxious. My only quibble with the show is that it relies so much on the interviews, which seem to take up 90 percent of each episode. Maybe it's because the producers are unimaginative, or maybe they can't afford to film long enough to capture moments so they pad the content with talking heads. But now that we're invested in the family dynamics, it would be more interesting to watch them interact than it is to hear them talk about how they interact.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

it is king of surprising that none of them seem to be that conservative doesn't it?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I can't help it, I find the wives and the kids likeable. As much as I don't understand their choice to live this lifestyle, I respect their desire to live the way they choose to. The kids seem well taken care of and loved. I do think for the most part they seem happy, I think that is what I find the most perplexing but I respect and in some odd way admire it. I still don't like Kody much though lol but I don't totally detest him like I used to.
    Me too. And I even like Kody. Call me crazy. . .

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    I think all the women are really likeable and Kody's not too obnoxious. My only quibble with the show is that it relies so much on the interviews, which seem to take up 90 percent of each episode. Maybe it's because the producers are unimaginative, or maybe they can't afford to film long enough to capture moments so they pad the content with talking heads. But now that we're invested in the family dynamics, it would be more interesting to watch them interact than it is to hear them talk about how they interact.

You are right. I think that's why I tend to get bored with the show. They need to actually show more "real time" and less sofa time. That would make a it better, however, maybe what they get from the longer reality time isn't what the show wants to portray. It's odd.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    You are right. I think that's why I tend to get bored with the show. They need to actually show more "real time" and less sofa time. That would make a it better, however, maybe what they get from the longer reality time isn't what the show wants to portray. It's odd.
    I think there's a good reason for all the interviews and sofa time --- unlike most other reality shows which are, basically, about people living more-or-less normal lives, this show focuses on a lifestyle that is completely foreign and unnatural to many (if not most) people. So we all have a lot of questions. And I dare say, we're all really curious about how their life works --- and just showing the family going about its daily business wouldn't answer most of those questions, or tell us what we really want to know --- so therefore, there's a whole lot more question and answer time so that they CAN give us the answers. I actually like that, because I am much more interested in what they all have to say, than in watching them go about their business.

+ Reply to Thread