+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 177 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159 ... LastLast
Like Tree694Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yes, I saw the part where Kody couldn't give a reason he became a polygamist, however, do you really think it's this great thing he's made for himself? Is it that much fun having four wives and four families? Yes, we get to see them joking around, hugging, laughing and roasting hotdogs, but it's much more than that. I honestly think his life is very stressful, chaotic, and conflicted. I don't see it as something that is wonderful, carefree and satisfying. Perhaps in the afterlife he will be happy as a lark with all his wives and family, but here on earth, it appears he is under the gun most of the time and is constantly pulled in a different direction. I just fail to see why people think he has it made.
    I agree that there is much stress in this lifestyle but I don't think Kody has to bear much of it at all, it seems to fall with the wives. I can't help but like all 4 wives, but Kody- not so much. I would actually feel better if Kody WOULD talk about what specific religious beliefs cause him to live this lifestyle, but he doesn't do that, at least not on the show. That being said, as much as I don't understand it, I think these folks deserve to live how they want to as long as they are taking good care of their kids and not harming each other and its a matter of personal choice.

I DO want to see the lifestyle where there is one wife and multiple husbands though.

Hibernating

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer View Post
    I DO want to see the lifestyle where there is one wife and multiple husbands though.
    I saw a clip from the tv show "Raising Hope." There was a relative who came to visit and introduce his new wife to the family, who were all shocked he was married...Then 3 guys came out of the RV and he introduced them as his "Brother Husbands." They were "reverse gender polygamists." I thought it was funny.

I watch week after week and I really do not see these people happy. They struggle weekly, daily with expenses as you would imagine with so many people to care for and homes to keep up and running.

I thought it was interesting when Janelle said something along the lines of "my kids know that when I am with Kody, I am HIS center of attention" … umm, Janelle, do you realize that if you were the ONLY wife, you would be his center of attention 24/7 … ugh.

I personally don't think Robyn wants to work because I think she wants to get pregnant and have at least one baby with Kody … JMHO.

Kody is so freaking hyper … he never walks, he is always running … I think he just likes the feel of his hair blowing in the wind as he runs all over the place … ugh.

So many of the kids are just so LOUD and so HYPER all of the time … that one little blond girl, I believe its Janelle's, she is always running and always screaming and always grabbing at people …

I am glad Janelle and Kody had a nice (very inexpensive) time on their weekend away! It can be done w/o having to spend loads of money!
    KAREN

The most recent episode focused on Kody and Jenelle going camping for the weekend. I guess it's a way for them to get peace, quiet and time together without spending much money. I guess I should take a lesson from that.

I tend to want to treat myself with a nice long bath, room service, speciality coffees, plush bathrobe, massage, and champagne! LOL I'm not much into sleeping on the ground. My latest camping trip involved an RV with a nice bed and bathroom! LOL

This show really showed me that they really were struggling and probably did this show for the income. How in the world Kody and Jenelle's income, plus Meri's part-time work, supports all of those people is beyond me. I take it that Robyn should be getting some money per month for her children's child support from their dad.

How many little ones are there that have not started school between them all?

Oh, I think I figured out what it is about Robyn that I don't like. I think it's her personality. There's nothing about her that would make me strike up a conversation with her. Maybe you really have to get to know her to appreciate her as a person.

Whenever I have seen the kids approach Robyn with words or a hug, she just stands there. She never seems to become engaged with them. She often has this blank face and monotone voice with the kids. No big smiles and laughs until Kody grabs her. I get it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    I watch week after week and I really do not see these people happy. They struggle weekly, daily with expenses as you would imagine with so many people to care for and homes to keep up and running.

I thought it was interesting when Janelle said something along the lines of "my kids know that when I am with Kody, I am HIS center of attention" … umm, Janelle, do you realize that if you were the ONLY wife, you would be his center of attention 24/7 … ugh.

I personally don't think Robyn wants to work because I think she wants to get pregnant and have at least one baby with Kody … JMHO.

Kody is so freaking hyper … he never walks, he is always running … I think he just likes the feel of his hair blowing in the wind as he runs all over the place … ugh.

So many of the kids are just so LOUD and so HYPER all of the time … that one little blond girl, I believe its Janelle's, she is always running and always screaming and always grabbing at people … I am glad Janelle and Kody had a nice (very inexpensive) time on their weekend away! It can be done w/o having to spend loads of money!
    With all of those people living in that house, I guess they feel they have to be loud and hyper to get the attention that they need. Big families are often loud, dramatic, and boisterous. My ex- comes from a family of 7 children, and they are ALL loud and love attention. It was a culture shock for me, coming from a family of 2 children! I didn't have to yell to be heard.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

IDK...I don't really watch this show but I have seen the previews. The way this "family" rationalizes this amazes me.
    I may not be a brain surgeon but I am keenly aware that the solution to struggling to make ends meet with 1 wife & child(ren) is to NOT marry 3 other women & then proceed to have several more children & then "star" on a national TV show which basically flaunts breaking the law. Color me stupid but I just don't get this at all. I am eagerly waiting for the next new show from TLC featuring a family who teaches their family how to commit an armed robbery & how not to get caught. (I am joking about this)
    Remember when reality TV & TLC were about Trading Spaces?

It is odd to me that they featured a show about financial woes last night (in season 2). Even if the adults did not make much money from Season 1 filming...well, I just can't imagine that it was less than 5-10k per show (and probably much, much more). I would assume that the filming of season 1 (at the bare minimum) gave the Browns the equivalent of at least one full-time salary. There have been discussions on the board saying each adult made thousands of dollars per episode for their fee (which included allowing TLC to film their children). What the heck !?!?

Anyone know why they have gone to 30 minute shows--I need my full hour!

When I told my husband about the show I asked him if he would like 3 more wives.He said "You mean instead of one woman nagging I'll have four? No thanks" Also I'm with you on the dislike for camping.I don't work all week to be homeless on weekends.

I can't help it, I find the wives and the kids likeable. As much as I don't understand their choice to live this lifestyle, I respect their desire to live the way they choose to. The kids seem well taken care of and loved. I do think for the most part they seem happy, I think that is what I find the most perplexing but I respect and in some odd way admire it. I still don't like Kody much though lol but I don't totally detest him like I used to.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I tend to disregard him.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread