+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 176 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158 ... LastLast
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Lurk View Post
    Yes, Jeanelle used to be married to Meri's brother. Then she married Kody after her divorce...Then her mother met Kody's father and he took her as his second wife....Doesn't that mean Kody's MIL is also his step mom? And Jeanelle's own mom is also her step MIL?
    Getting to the point where the old country western ditty "I'm my own Grandpa" might come true!

I was exhausted watching THIS epi and I did not even leave my couch … omg, last night was to much CHAOS. Riding horses (with no helmets), climbing rocks, painting Gram's house, cars breaking down….yup, I was exhausted.

$5,000 for a new engine. And Kody stating that he is going to have one hour of complete quiet when every one is gone … ugh …

Last week we touched on the subject of one of the girl's appearing pregnant … this week, I took a better look at all the teen girls and they all appear to have 'bellies' on them … some of the younger boys look like they are getting chubby … I think the kiddos are eating way too many 'carbs'.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    the engine of Robin's car blew up because it was out of oil while taking a 4 day road trip...duhhhhhhhhhhh doesn't commen sense ditate that you check fluids in a car before you take off for a trip like that..
    RIGHT!!?!! I couldn't remember if that was Robin's same car from before they got married or Kody's.

Quote Originally Posted by barbh View Post
    My problem with Kody is that he's a hypocrit. He said, point blank, that if Meri had another husband, that would be "unnatural and disgusting" (see earlier posts). I've listened to his intro. He said love should be multiplied, not divided. But the only one who has multiplied his "love" is Kody. The rest of the family receives divided love, in ever smaller amounts now that he's taken on Robin and her kids.
    I said something about his intro too. It's totally divided!!

I was trying to figure out why Janelle's mom was in Wyoming. Did they all grow up in WY? Then my jaw hit the floor when Janelle was explaining how her mom was married to his dad just months before she married Kody.

So did I get this right from the show last night? Kody's Dad, his mother and Janelle's mother all live in three separate houses? Kody's mother said something about 'raising kids' while Janelle's mother worked as a nurse.
    What other kids? I assume Kody has a sister because the brother-in-law was directing the cattle drive. Does anyone know if Kody's Dad has more than the two wives and how many kids he spawned? This is all a little confusing to me!

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80 View Post
    So did I get this right from the show last night? Kody's Dad, his mother and Janelle's mother all live in three separate houses? Kody's mother said something about 'raising kids' while Janelle's mother worked as a nurse.
    What other kids? I assume Kody has a sister because the brother-in-law was directing the cattle drive. Does anyone know if Kody's Dad has more than the two wives and how many kids he spawned? This is all a little confusing to me!
    His dad apparently converted because in season 1 Kody (and the sister wives) repeatedly said that he did not come from this background or a fundamentalist church. This makes me wonder how many guys would consider taking several wives if they knew they could or it was mainstream...Id throw in the girl side too but (ironically, sadly, and perhaps, tragically) I cant imagine that "brother husbands" would ever catch on...

What killed me is when Meredith V. asked Kody why he selected this lifestyle when he didnt come from it (not his background)--what led him to it? He went totally blank because he couldnt say: well, Meredith, I just happened upon this awesome religion and this lifestyle was a mega bonus! Based on his comments Kody 1) grew up outside of Utah 2)not in a polygamous home, and, most importantly, 3) not as a fundamentalist mormom. In essence, Kody chose the polygamous lifestyle and religion at the same time..and I have a hard time believing the former didnt influence the latter. I wish he would cut the crap and just say--"man, its so awesome I get to have as many wives as I want." I dont have a problem with any so-called "alternative" lifestyles as long as they arent endangering any kids and pay their taxes..but I wish Kody would just own up to who and what he is instead of using religion as a prop.
    Last edited by mindy384; 03-21-2011 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    His dad apparently converted because in season 1 Kody (and the sister wives) repeatedly said that he did not come from this background or a fundamentalist church. This makes me wonder how many guys would consider taking several wives if they knew they could or it was mainstream...Id throw in the girl side too but (ironically, sadly, and perhaps, tragically) I cant imagine that "brother husbands" would ever catch on...

What killed me is when Meredith V. asked Kody why he selected this lifestyle when he didnt come from it (not his background)--what led him to it? He went totally blank because he couldnt say: well, Meredith, I just happened upon this awesome religion and this lifestyle was a mega bonus! Based on his comments Kody 1) grew up outside of Utah 2)not in a polygamous home, and, most importantly, 3) not as a fundamentalist mormom. In essence, Kody chose the polygamous lifestyle and religion at the same time..and I have a hard time believing the former didnt influence the latter. I wish he would cut the crap and just say--"man, its so awesome I get to have as many wives as I want." I dont have a problem with any so-called "alternative" lifestyles as long as they arent endangering any kids and pay their taxes..but I wish Kody would just own up to who and what he is instead of using religion as a prop.
    Yes, I saw the part where Kody couldn't give a reason he became a polygamist, however, do you really think it's this great thing he's made for himself? Is it that much fun having four wives and four families? Yes, we get to see them joking around, hugging, laughing and roasting hotdogs, but it's much more than that. I honestly think his life is very stressful, chaotic, and conflicted. I don't see it as something that is wonderful, carefree and satisfying. Perhaps in the afterlife he will be happy as a lark with all his wives and family, but here on earth, it appears he is under the gun most of the time and is constantly pulled in a different direction. I just fail to see why people think he has it made.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There is nothing charming about Kody, at all. I think the smartest, wisest wife is wife #3...can't remember her name. The others are "sheep".

And what is with that little "koala child" that is always clinging to somebody, and demanding attention, and camera time. None of the other children seem to go in that direction. She would drive me c-r-a-z-y!

It really annoyed me when the women and children were leaving for their Wyoming drive, that he kept wanting them gone so that he could have some time alone. He gets more alone-time than his wives do, that's for sure....and their vehicle dies, and he's cruising around on his motorcycle. He didn't seem to give a damn about being there to see to the safety of his family.

I don't like him, I don't like him, I don't like him.

And he's proud of taking advantage of his mother by eating about half of her breakfast sandwich, in one bite? I think they both thought it was "cute".
    Last edited by prhoshay; 03-22-2011 at 03:23 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    There is nothing charming about Kody, at all. I think the smartest, wisest wife is wife #3...can't remember her name. The others are "sheep".

And what is with that little "koala child" that is always clinging to somebody, and demanding attention, and camera time. None of the other children seem to go in that direction. She would drive me c-r-a-z-y!

It really annoyed me when the women and children were leaving for their Wyoming drive, that he kept wanting them gone so that he could have some time alone. He gets more alone-time than his wives do, that's for sure....and their vehicle dies, and he's cruising around on his motorcycle. He didn't seem to give a damn about being there to see to the safety of his family.

I don't like him, I don't like him, I don't like him.

And he's proud of taking advantage of his mother by eating about half of her breakfast sandwich, in one bite? I think they both thought it was "cute".
    I disagree with the bolded..agree with everything you say about Kody..lets not even discuss the uck factor here

but wife #2 Jeanelle...I think is the smartest of the bunch...she also seems to be a major bread winner in the family...I think she could easily walk out and take care of herself and her children without Kody at all

I also get the impression that she woudln't give a rats behind if Kody ever visited her bedroom again..lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Since I'm not sure which is which, beyond #1 and #4, you might be right. I thought #2 was the one who did most of the childcare.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Since I'm not sure which is which, beyond #1 and #4, you might be right. I thought #2 was the one who did most of the childcare.
    no..#3 is the one that does the childcare...and the whining she's the one that just had the baby
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread