+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 176 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer View Post
    Yes but those are religious beliefs- I am talking about what reasons OTHER than religious could there possibly be to justify the lifestyle. The Browns don't really talk about their religious beliefs much so I find that baffling, because to me what else other than religious beliefs would cause people to want to live this way. Sorry I may not be making any sense lol

Oh, I think I misunderstood. I think mostly it's religious, but I think they believe the many sister wives provide a more cohesive support system, so that you keep it in the family. You don't have daycare, you have sister moms and siblings. You have more to love and more to share. You act like a small community so that you can get more accomplished if you decide to plant a garden, do charity work, help each other, show Christ's love, etc. God's love is boundless, so you should promote that love with as many people as possible within your family.

I'm not saying any of this is true. I"m just saying that it sounds like what I have heard from them and other sister wives say before in defense of their choice.

I wonder if it stems from wanting to share the responsiblity for the family. If you don't have a man in the family, having these other women and a father to help might sound appealing to them. I think some would say it's how they grew up and they feel comfortable with it.

Did anybody notice, it looks like one of the daughters (the red haired one) is pregnant?

Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    Did anybody notice, it looks like one of the daughters (the red haired one) is pregnant?
    I didn't.

I did a little checking. This article says she isn't. I guess we'll see.

http://www.hollybaby.com/2010/11/19/...-pregnant-tlc/

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer View Post
    Yes but those are religious beliefs- I am talking about what reasons OTHER than religious could there possibly be to justify the lifestyle. The Browns don't really talk about their religious beliefs much so I find that baffling, because to me what else other than religious beliefs would cause people to want to live this way. Sorry I may not be making any sense lol
    Meanwhile, in good old Stone Mountain, Georgia:

Meet Jamiylah, a 35-year-old mother of 3 children, and her husband, Khalil, who is 40 years old. They have been married for 10 years in the populated area of Stone Mountain affectionately called 'Little Africa.' Jamiylah converted to Islam at age 15 from a Jehovah Witness lifestyle and Khalil was introduced to Islam by his uncle an Imam of a Masjid (mosque). Khalil recently married Linaa', his second wife who lives just a few blocks down the street from the Jamiylah and Khalil. The couple owns and operates two bakery shops, but Jamiylah is finding it hard to spend time with her children and needing more help with the day-to-day operations of the bakeries. She decided to search for a co-wife, not just for her husband, but a sister and friend to help with the family business.

"I asked my best friend's niece, because I've known her since she was a child and she holds herself to be a very respectable young woman." Linaa', a 28-you-old recent college graduate, was accepting, "We have a lot in common and our families know each other." Weeks later Khalil was told he's getting married. "I was surprised but willing; if it helps with the family structure and she is happy with it first then its okay. I didn't know anything until weeks later, but we know Linaa' which makes it comfortable for everyone," he smiles.

Most families in 'Little Africa' Stone Mountain say Polygamy is good for the social family structure. In urban cities most lack male or father figures in the home from drugs, prison incarceration, and homicides. A woman's children would be considered his children, equally treated, and they would have a father not a step-daddy.

There are more women on the planet then men, for every male child born there is three female born every minute thus a shortage of men the ratio is three to one. Science has shown more male fetus are born with genetic defects causing premature births and a higher number of birth rates in females. Women in Polygamous relationships are and should be treated equal according to your culture or religion. No women or children should have greater or less than the other two, three, or fourth wife. If you can find benefit in it for you and your family then maybe it is for you.
    Polygamy: A shortage of men - Atlanta polygamy | Examiner.com
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I would not be able to share my man with other women, but I do understand why some people choose alternative life styles --- and there are LOTS of different kinds of alternative lifestyles around the world -- polygamy is only one of them. Some people are just more comfortable living in non-traditional ways -- I think it's as simple as that. Yes, in the Browns' case there are religious issues as well, of course --- but in general, there are lots of different kinds of communal living arrangements -- some healthier than others. I think that most of us are so shocked and/or fascinated by the Browns because we don't get to see a communal living arrangement 'up close' very often. But for me, the bottom line is that if they all chose this with their free will, and they're reasonably happy, and the kids certainly seem well adjusted and okay --- then it's okay with me.

And by the way, I know that most people won't agree with this, but just because Kody is a cute guy who seems to be having way too much fun with his harem of adoring wives -- doesn't make him a bad guy. In fact, to me he seems like a genuinely nice guy who sincerely believes in his lifestyle and is trying to make everyone happy, including himself. I don't dislike him for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I didn't.

I did a little checking. This article says she isn't. I guess we'll see.

Is ‘Sister Wives’ Daughter Aspyn Pregnant? Hollybaby
    Yikes, I thought so too. Aspyn was one of the first to return from school the kiddos first day. The camera shows her walking in the door and sitting down with Christine to discuss her day. It was a brief shot of Aspyn but I thought (like others) that she was pregnant but now reading the article, it appears to me that Aspyn just has a little belly on her. You can see it in this picture of the family that Debb posted. She is on the far right in a lime green top.
    PHEW! As the article says.
    KAREN

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Aspyn just has a little belly on her
    Very kindly put, momrek06, especially considering that she looks about 7 or 8 months along. Seriously, that is no little belly. Maybe a looser waitband would help.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Poor thing. She must feel quite embarrassed over this. I think she probably had on a top that lookes maternity. It's in style right now. The way it falls on her tummy, looks maternity. I feel bad for her. The problem is that when you are on a national tv show, there are going to be comments about all family members that can be cruel. I don't know any way around it. Even if they don't watch tv or go on blogs, they can hear the same information from their friends at school.

I recall the mean comments about Chelsea Clinton when she was young. There were a lot of mean comments about her looks and she was just an innocent in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Poor thing. She must feel quite embarrassed over this. I think she probably had on a top that lookes maternity. It's in style right now. The way it falls on her tummy, looks maternity. I feel bad for her. The problem is that when you are on a national tv show, there are going to be comments about all family members that can be cruel. I don't know any way around it. Even if they don't watch tv or go on blogs, they can hear the same information from their friends at school.

I recall the mean comments about Chelsea Clinton when she was young. There were a lot of mean comments about her looks and she was just an innocent in the matter.
    Debb, while I agree that those full 'maternity' style tops are in Aspyn did not have that on Sunday night. It was a light blue, rather clingly tight shirt. You really need to be very thin to have pulled off that style shirt she had on Sunday. Hence, it showed her belly, looking as though she was indeed pregnant. JMHO.
    KAREN

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just for the record, I did watch the rerun tonight. It was more obvious that the "would you do it again" was referring to the "coming out" . . . not the lifestyle.

+ Reply to Thread