+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

I am annoyed because I am traveling and am at a hotel tonight, and they don't get TLC! Argh!
    I agree that Kody is totally icky, but I am still fascinated by the rest of the families. You really can't help but like the wives and kids, they all seem pretty darn nice. but Kody- ewwwwwww! He's a pig lol

I don't watch the show. Have never seen much more than bits and pieces. But I am curious about some of the changes that they've made. For example moving all the kids to public because Robyn's kids go to public school? That seems rather interesting.

Also, Kody's comment about how Christine should have dropped everything because Kody was leaving. Yuck!

FORT Fan

I was just thinking... In the intro to the show, Kody says "Love should be multiplied, not divided." Uh, HELLLLOOOOOOOOO ... you got the multiplied love, your wives and kids got the divided love. They get 1/4 of you at best (probably less, as I'm sure he'll consider wife number 5 in the future), so how is that multiplied?

I've never watched this show until yesterday. Kody is like a big child and it is puzzling to me why these women think he's worth it. I guess they have mostly grown up expecting to be married in this way. I watched the wedding dress episode and it was very creepy that he wanted to pick the dress so he went behind his other wives backs. Just plain weird. My gaydar was going off and it was awkward to watch them. The kids were the only good thing about this show and they don't show them enough. I'd rather see how the teens are coping than watch Kody and his stupid wives. That said I did like Merri and thinks she deserves so much better; and so do all of the kids.

I'm a little confused. I didn't see all of the episodes last season, so maybe that's why I don't understand the time line from last night. Was last night a rerun from last season? It had Robin and he already being maried, but then showed them going to NBC to announce openly about their family for the first time or that is what Kody said. Why would they be doing that for the first time since they were on national tv all of last season which included their marriage reception?

Please chime in for any who know. The kids were going to the public schools for the first time, except, Merri's daughter who goes to private school. It looked like they were still living in Utah. The previews showed them moving from Utah.

It showed them in a recent trip to central park and to the Joy Behar show, which I saw last week, so that part seems current. I'm trying to understand the sequence of events.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I was surprised when they asked the women if they would make the same choice regarding the polygamous relationship (whether they would do it again). Three of the four women said they absolutely would. Only one said she wasn't sure - Christine. I always thought of her as solidly "into" it. I would have thought that Janelle - who seems more independent - would have second thoughts, but not so.

While they were doing the "ice blocking" I commented to hubby that the best thing that could happen would be that Kody would freeze his parts off.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I was surprised when they asked the women if they would make the same choice regarding the polygamous relationship (whether they would do it again). Three of the four women said they absolutely would. Only one said she wasn't sure - Christine. I always thought of her as solidly "into" it. I would have thought that Janelle - who seems more independent - would have second thoughts, but not so.

While they were doing the "ice blocking" I commented to hubby that the best thing that could happen would be that Kody would freeze his parts off.

Oh, I thought they were responding to the question would they go open about it? I'll have to rewatch it to see.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Oh, I thought they were responding to the question would they go open about it? I'll have to rewatch it to see.
    If you find out I misunderstood, please let me know. I've already deleted it.

If you find out I misunderstood, please let me know. I've already deleted it.
    Okay. My DVR is on the blink. I think they'll rerun it a bit though.

What I see as a contradiction in the family is that they are in so much pain from the plural marriage. It hurts them in so many ways, but yet they claim it is the best choice for them. I don't quite get it. Should something that great be so painful and such a struggle to live with? Of course, you have to work on a marriage, but it shouldn't be so painful to work it out, IMO.

I'll be nit picky now. How many men do you know Kody's age who wear their tousers up that high on the waist? We tease my dad about it, but he is 75! LOL I noticed Kody's when they were at Central Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

I agree with Debb, (afterall this was what the whole episode was about to bbegin with) I believe they were responding to "coming out" to the world. Meri was the most emotional because she lost a job she held for a long time and love very much as well as loved her co-workers and she left on very good terms and understood that they had to do what they did in 'firing' her.

I truly believe they are all happy in this lifestyle. Sure, there may be some tough days but in the end they are all happy they are together and with Kody.

In any event, the show repeats allot throughout the week if anyone wants to see it again.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread