+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 172 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast
Like Tree649Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Did anyone see the family on Joy Behar last night? Man, I have some questions. What's going on with this family? Lots of odd responses. They won't discuss their money issues. Cody doesn't know how long he has been married to each wife, even number 1!!!!!!! He did know for wife #4. (He turned to the wives to answer the question.)

They don't know anything about any criminal investigation or what constitutes bigamy. They didn't seem too concerned. They said their move to Nevada was more about economic opportunities. REally? They also seemd to be all chummy. That's difficult to believe.

Catch the interview on-line if you can. It was really odd. Joy told them they were so clueless that TLC needed to get them some legal advice. LOL It was strange.

First of all I love JOY!!! I always miss her evening show. Ugh. Anyway, I did google it and watched a 6 minute youtube upload of them all on her show last night. I thought what I did see was great. Joy asks the BEST questions.

Janelle was at her UTAH job a long time, it appears as though she and Meri(maybe) are working??? Christine is home(like before) with all the kiddos and Robyn is looking for a job. What is Cody doing for work I missed that part???

They did seem chummy. Hmmm. Well I guess thats good, huh!!!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Yes, Debb, Meri said last Fall on Oprah that she had lost her job for doing the show. She teared up as she spoke of how she completely understood their decision to let her go. Meri did say, she is still on very good terms with all of them and had been employed at that job for a long time.

Not sure what she means about 'coming close to losing her family'. ????

Thanks for the info. She didn't talk about losing her family last night either. Apparently, to keep the viewers curious, the family can't say anything about anything. It's almost a waste of time to have them as guest. It's like they were afraid of saying the wrong thing.

I missed them on Oprah. Did she say why her longtime employer fired her? I mean, I know why, but what did they say to her? We can't be known as being affiliated with polygamy?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

As a person who has been fired before, I do know that the first thing you do is cry, and cry, and cry....your feelings are seriously hurt! Then you settle down and get quiet....and then you get angry!!! But I am also speaking as somebody not in a ridiculous polygamy situation; that has got to add fuel to the fire. I would think you'd be asking yourself why it seemed like a good idea, with an unconventional lifestyly, to think that you could be comfy in a conventional working world, with no problem. This is just idiocy.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

First of all I love JOY!!! I always miss her evening show. Ugh.
    The network reruns Joy's show several times a day, so if you have a vcr or dvr you can record them and watch them at your convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    The network reruns Joy's show several times a day, so if you have a vcr or dvr you can record them and watch them at your convenience.
    Oh gosh, thanks, crap, I did not know that thanks so much!!!
    KAREN

Just a reminder that the new season starts on March 12th on TLC!

I am correcting my own post….the new season starts on SUNDAY, MARCH 13th @9pm!!!
    KAREN

Not sure what she means about 'coming close to losing her family'. ????
    I would guess she meant if she had to go to jail for polygamy

I am excited for season 2, I am fascinated and horrified at the same time with this family, they are very interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Thanks for the info. She didn't talk about losing her family last night either. Apparently, to keep the viewers curious, the family can't say anything about anything. It's almost a waste of time to have them as guest. It's like they were afraid of saying the wrong thing.

I missed them on Oprah. Did she say why her longtime employer fired her? I mean, I know why, but what did they say to her? We can't be known as being affiliated with polygamy?
    I watched an oprah episode with them on and what I gleaned from it is that it wasn't necessarily the polygamy that was the problem is that that the employer didn't necessarily want to be associated with her doing this show about it and have to answer the questions about her as whatever kind of professional she was.

We all know that discrimination happens on hiring of anyone with lifestyles that are a little out of the norm of society. It's not a secret and while not ok it still does happen. And in most states you can be fired for literally next to nothing. So really if pushed any employer can come up with a weak reason to fire someone that isn't necessarily reflective of the real reason they got fired (different lifestyle, on TV or whatever).

TONIGHT!
    KAREN

I'm excited for the new season. Although, Kody drives me insane and just flat out creeps me out. He acts like a kid in a candy store with his wives, and women in general. Ick!

Also, there is a marathon on right now of the first season if anyone needs to catch up or get their fix in.

+ Reply to Thread