+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 176 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;4177226;
    I would love to know what kind of $$ this guy is raking in that they can afford to rent 3 nice looking homes, the rent can't be cheap.
    Ya, what exactly does TLC give them per epi ? Is that public information ?
    KAREN

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4177943;
    Ya, what exactly does TLC give them per epi ? Is that public information ?
    I remember reading that TLC pays each adult $75,000 per episode for their participation and the right to film on their property.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4178458;
    I remember reading that TLC pays each adult $75,000 per episode for their participation and the right to film on their property.
    HOLY TOLEDO!

Well let's do a little math, you got the 4 wives and Kody … = that is roughly $300,000.00 per epi!!!!!! And didn't they do like 10 epi's first season????

Plus I guess they get money for any public appearances they make, like talk shows????
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4178461;
    HOLY TOLEDO!

Well let's do a little math, you got the 4 wives and Kody = that is roughly $300,000.00 per epi!!!!!! And didn't they do like 10 epi's first season????

Plus I guess they get money for any public appearances they make, like talk shows????
    Good GRIEF! Well I guess Robin hit the jackpot! Had I known this was the case I would have considered flying to Utah and trying to be wife #4. It's not even a "legal" marriage so you wouldn't lose the big bucks for the divorce lawyer!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4178458;
    Mmmmm, I don't know, Poppy. That seems kind of high to me, for a 1st season of an iffy kind of show like Sister Wives. I remember reading that in the first season of RHOC (when the whole Housewives franchise was new) the wives were only getting something like $10,000 per episode (which is why they were so upset when Bravo didn't offer them big raises for the 2nd season) -- so I'm thinking that the Sister Wives folks probably got quite a bit less in their 1st season. (Different network, of course, but still. . .) I wonder if there's any way to actually find out for sure, cause now I think we're all curious!

But even if it was only $10,000 per person, that's still $50,000 per episode (plus anything the kids got -- if they were paid also) -- that's $50,000 a week for what, 8 weeks -- $400,000 -- not too shabby for a few months' work. And this next season they'll undoubtedly make a lot more.

I don't think there's any official TLC disclosure on what they pay the Brown spouses. What I read was from a place like Answers.com - and it's in no way verifiable.

What made me believe it is that TLC knew that the Browns were exposing themselves to criminal investigation and possible prosecution. That would have upped the ante, salary wise, from the get go.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Does anyone know what's going on with these people? There has been nothing in the press about them and the possible charges they were facing. Is TLC going to have a second season of this show?

They are definitely signed on for a second season, yes. And they have moved, bought 3 new homes, in Nevada.

Somebody has already started a Sister Wives II thread. I haven't seen anything about them for the new season, except their new neigbors were not happy about them coming to their neighborhood. I say give them a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Somebody has already started a Sister Wives II thread. I haven't seen anything about them for the new season, except their new neigbors were not happy about them coming to their neighborhood. I say give them a chance.
    I kinda wish it was ALL on THIS one thread … you know.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread