+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 176 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Glad thats not in my neighborhood!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;4171024;
    TMZ reported earlier this week that the family has rented 3 houses in the same neighborhood. There are photos of Meri being moved into a house, but no word on how the other wives/kids will be divided in the other 2 houses.

What has 2 Thumbs, 19 Kids and 3 Houses? | TMZ.com

The photos show the houses in that neighborhood are very close together. I can't imagine the neighbors are happy about the freakshow taking over their neighborhood.
    Three houses is interesting. . . The fact that Meri (and her daughter, I assume) will be living alone in one of the houses is very telling. Wonder if this is the first step toward a separation --- cause in a family of 23 people, why else would just 2 people get their own house???? And I'm willing to bet that new heart-throb wife Robyn was moved by herself (and her 2 kids) into love nest house number 2. And if so, would that mean that the remaining 17 people (excluding Kody) would be all cramped in together in house number 3? What's wrong with this picture?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4172184;
    Three houses is interesting. . . The fact that Meri (and her daughter, I assume) will be living alone in one of the houses is very telling. Wonder if this is the first step toward a separation --- cause in a family of 23 people, why else would just 2 people get their own house???? And I'm willing to bet that new heart-throb wife Robyn was moved by herself (and her 2 kids) into love nest house number 2. And if so, would that mean that the remaining 17 people (excluding Kody) would be all cramped in together in house number 3? What's wrong with this picture?
    I guess we will not know who is living with whom, and where, until next season. I highly doubt 17 of them would be in one home.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;4171024;
    TMZ reported earlier this week that the family has rented 3 houses in the same neighborhood.

What has 2 Thumbs, 19 Kids and 3 Houses? | TMZ.com
    Clicking on that link, once again, seeing that smug look on that creep's face just turns my stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4174253;
    Clicking on that link, once again, seeing that smug look on that creep's face just turns my stomach.
    Oh ugh!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I think it will be interesting to see how the new dynamics within the family are going. It will be a miracle if the new wife and previous wives adjust well based on what we have seen so far.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4162892;
    According to them and others, Utah has many polygamist familes who live in the closet. You many work or live next door and not even know it. They are judges, policemen, bankers, and doctors. They can't come out because they will be shunned.

I wouldn't be embarrassed by the Browns. They seemed plenty nice, concerned for their kids and functional in society. That would not bother me if I lived in Utah. I don't think it paints the state in a bad light. I think that shunning these families and making their lives miserable is what looks mean and nasty.
    I'm comparing the Browns I see on tv, and the "polygogs" I know in person here. The Browns are trying to be celebrities and acting out, intentionally drawing attention to themselves for whatever reason. That is what embarrasses me. From where I sit (in the center of Utah), the Browns are making the people in Utah look bad. They embarrass me. If that makes me mean and nasty, then so be it.

I personally know polys who are all those things you mentioned: judges, policemen, bankers, etc., who do not act like that. Those people don't bother me. They don't go around making spectacles of themselves and attracting unnecessary attention. That is the difference.

I don't believe my likes or dislikes are making the Browns' lives miserable at all. And I'm going to venture to guess they don't worry about whether their likes or dislikes affect me, either.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;4177048;
    I'm comparing the Browns I see on tv, and the "polygogs" I know in person here. The Browns are trying to be celebrities and acting out, intentionally drawing attention to themselves for whatever reason. That is what embarrasses me. From where I sit (in the center of Utah), the Browns are making the people in Utah look bad. They embarrass me. If that makes me mean and nasty, then so be it.

I personally know polys who are all those things you mentioned: judges, policemen, bankers, etc., who do not act like that. Those people don't bother me. They don't go around making spectacles of themselves and attracting unnecessary attention. That is the difference.

I don't believe my likes or dislikes are making the Browns' lives miserable at all. And I'm going to venture to guess they don't worry about whether their likes or dislikes affect me, either.
    Conveniently enough, they now live in Nevada. Can you please define the meaning of "polygog" for us? Thanks!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4177144;
    Conveniently enough, they now live in Nevada. Can you please define the meaning of "polygog" for us? Thanks!
    Hahaha, polygogs are what children of polygamists call themselves (or the ones I know, anyway). I think it's cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4172184;
    It would make more sense to have the new wife Robin move into the house with Meri since they each have the least amount of children. Also wasn't it supposedly Meri's idea that Robin become wife #4? I bet she could kick herself for making that suggestion now .

However, I bet your theory on why Meri will have her own home is correct. It should be interesting to see what kind of a spin the TV show puts on them having 3 houses, especially if one house is occupied by only 2 people, and the rest are crammed into the other houses. When does this show come back on the air?

I would love to know what kind of $$ this guy is raking in that they can afford to rent 3 nice looking homes, the rent can't be cheap.

+ Reply to Thread