+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 176 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast
Like Tree688Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;4154518;
    Kody & Co. have moved to Nevada. According to this article from the Salt Lake Tribune, the show will continue to be filmed.

Utah’s ‘Sister Wives’ have moved to Nevada | The Salt Lake Tribune
    I was listening to the local morning talk radio and this was one of the topic - and there was much rejoicing.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;4154931;
    I was listening to the local morning talk radio and this was one of the topic - and there was much rejoicing.
    I'm so glad there will be a season 2 because I'm really curious about the Browns and, thanks to season 1, have become so interested in them. I'm also glad they've moved to Nevada, IF their lifestyle isn't illegal there. I don't agree with their plural "marriage" but I think they have the right to live that way if they choose to. Yes, it's not the choice I would make for the children, but the kids are loved, and well taken care of, and seem happy and well adjusted, so there's a lot to be said for that!

As far as the wives are concerned, I feel deep sympathy for their hearts, meaning that as far as their bodies are concerned, they seem to be reasonably well provided for, but their hearts just seem to ache, and that makes me feel really sad for them.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4155061;
    I'm so glad there will be a season 2 because I'm really curious about the Browns and, thanks to season 1, have become so interested in them. I'm also glad they've moved to Nevada, IF their lifestyle isn't illegal there. I don't agree with their plural "marriage" but I think they have the right to live that way if they choose to. Yes, it's not the choice I would make for the children, but the kids are loved, and well taken care of, and seem happy and well adjusted, so there's a lot to be said for that!

As far as the wives are concerned, I feel deep sympathy for their hearts, meaning that as far as their bodies are concerned, they seem to be reasonably well provided for, but their hearts just seem to ache, and that makes me feel really sad for them.
    The reason I am relieved they are gone from Utah is they were making the entire state look like morons. I felt embarrassed that people may have formed an opinion of Utahns in general based on this family. Seriously, they created a circus atmosphere when they went in public.

I wish them happiness and health and luck, etc., but I'm glad they are living elsewhere.

I guess that this means that Robin no longer has her own house and they all live together...I am concerned about her son though...he has been through a lot of changes in the past year and that can really be hard for someone like him
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;4156058;
    The reason I am relieved they are gone from Utah is they were making the entire state look like morons. I felt embarrassed that people may have formed an opinion of Utahns in general based on this family. Seriously, they created a circus atmosphere when they went in public.

I wish them happiness and health and luck, etc., but I'm glad they are living elsewhere.
    According to them and others, Utah has many polygamist familes who live in the closet. You many work or live next door and not even know it. They are judges, policemen, bankers, and doctors. They can't come out because they will be shunned.

I wouldn't be embarrassed by the Browns. They seemed plenty nice, concerned for their kids and functional in society. That would not bother me if I lived in Utah. I don't think it paints the state in a bad light. I think that shunning these families and making their lives miserable is what looks mean and nasty.

What disturbs me are the creepy older men who take young brides and those who hold others in fear or threat of harm. Those "compound" types are what I would be concerned about. There is no question they are harming people.

(Just a foot note. I don't know if there are any negative psycholgical implications for the children who are raised such as the Brown children. I know they are loved and given proper care, but still you wonder about the long term effects. Look at the effects of divorce on kids. I think we have to look at more than whether the kids have clean clothes, are educated and smile for the camera. I think of the Duggar kids. Things are not always as they seem.)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hate that the girls (I think) get the message that they are second class citizens and that the men are dominant and superior.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4162962;
    I hate that the girls (I think) get the message that they are second class citizens and that the men are dominant and superior.
    But that is certainly not unique to their sub-culture or religious leanings. That message spews out left and right in various forums.

I respect their right to live as they choose to live. They are consenting adults. Their children appear to be cared for. It's not a lifestyle I would choose at this time in my life but I think the do the best they can with it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I guess that there's just something from the intense from-birth brainwashing that bugs me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4163442;
    I guess that there's just something from the intense from-birth brainwashing that bugs me.
    Realistically all sub-cultures and groups brainwash their young from birth to believe as they believe. It's not unique to them either.

I know my discomfort with them comes from the fact that their lifestyle is not one that I would choose for myself at this time. I enjoyed the open relationship I was in but right now in my life I just don't enjoy it. I don't enjoy seeing these adult women question themselves either. But then again I know a lot of women in monogamous relationships (or relationships they believe to be monogamous) questioning themselves as well. That makes me uncomfortable. I was brought up to believe differently as a feminist. But I also believe they have a right to live as they want.

As I said before these children appear to be cared for from what I've seen. When I saw them on Oprah the older kids were able to articulate their thoughts and feelings extremely well. This is a family system that is normal for them. It is what they know. Just like having a mom and dad is normal for me. It's what I know. And really with how some kids are treated in this society by the majority culture... there's a lot to be said for these kids being cared for.

FORT Fogey

TMZ reported earlier this week that the family has rented 3 houses in the same neighborhood. There are photos of Meri being moved into a house, but no word on how the other wives/kids will be divided in the other 2 houses.

Sources close to the polygamous posse tell TMZ ... Kody is renting three homes on the same block in a Vegas-area community -- and TMZ obtained photos of K-dog moving Meri into house #1 earlier this week.

What has 2 Thumbs, 19 Kids and 3 Houses? | TMZ.com

The photos show the houses in that neighborhood are very close together. I can't imagine the neighbors are happy about the freakshow taking over their neighborhood.

+ Reply to Thread