+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 176 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast
Like Tree686Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4121760;
    REF. Big Love
    ... I wouldn't say that it paints it in a very good light. It is about love of family, but it shows how much you suffer when in a plural marriage. At least that is what I taken from it.
    What I've taken from it is that all of the spouses (including the husband) give up parts of themselves to be part of a greater "whole," and that the giving up is a painful process, almost like childbirth. The acting and the writing is laudable, and the show has garnered many awards over the years. It really is worthwhile TV.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4122155;
    What I've taken from it is that all of the spouses (including the husband) give up parts of themselves to be part of a greater "whole," and that the giving up is a painful process, almost like childbirth. The acting and the writing is laudable, and the show has garnered many awards over the years. It really is worthwhile TV.

True. I will say that I have never really believed that Barbara fully accepted it. Deep inside I think she wants a traditional family.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Ummmm, anyone care to start a Big Love thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4122502;
    Ummmm, anyone care to start a Big Love thread?

That's a great idea. The new season starts Jan. 16. Is it too soon to start it now or should we wait until it starts?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm pretty sure there is already a Big Love thread. Anything that popular can't possibly be without!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4122586;
    I'm pretty sure there is already a Big Love thread. Anything that popular can't possibly be without!
    I couldn't find one with the "search" function. It is hard to believe !
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Brace yourself.........just found it under Big Love on HBO.....and YOU were the last person to post there in November! I searched for 'Margene', and went right to it! It began in 2006.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4122595;
    Brace yourself.........just found it under Big Love on HBO.....and YOU were the last person to post there in November! I searched for 'Margene', and went right to it! It began in 2006.
    Lol! OK, I'm an idiot

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4122596;
    Lol! OK, I'm an idiot
    No you're not -- you were just having a senior moment

FORT Fogey

Kody & Co. have moved to Nevada. According to this article from the Salt Lake Tribune, the show will continue to be filmed.

Utah‚€™s ‚€˜Sister Wives‚€™ have moved to Nevada | The Salt Lake Tribune

“The Browns have indeed moved to Nevada,” said their attorney, Jonathan Turley, a prominent legal scholar at George Washington University. “The family is pursuing new opportunities in Nevada. I see no legal reason why their family cannot live and continue to thrive in Nevada as they have in Utah.”
    The move to Nevada won’t affect the television series. Shooting has already been completed on the first 10 episodes of the second season as well as part of the second 10 episodes

+ Reply to Thread