+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 171 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast
Like Tree628Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Any guesses as to why Kody drives his little sports car? It's not very practical for a man with such a large family. Is it just the little boy in him?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4117190;
    Any guesses as to why Kody drives his little sports car? It's not very practical for a man with such a large family. Is it just the little boy in him?
    Scouting for wife # 5???

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333;4112632;
    The three original wives appear to be getting even more bitter with each episode and the bitterness always stems from something to do with the new wife and Kody spending a lot of time with her.
    I'm already bored with this show simply because each week, it's the same old thing....the original wives complaining about their "roller coaster" of emotions because of the new wife and, the new wife trying to appear to be so concerned and caring about the other wives feelings.
    She's younger, prettier, thinner & appears to be getting the majority of Kody's affection.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4117190;
    I don't think the car that he drives is a "little sports car".
    I'm a total stranger to luxury/expensive cars however, I'm pretty sure that car is a late model Lexus convertible with what appears to be real leather interior.
    But I could be wrong about the leather interior.
    Kody is definitely immature in so many ways. There is NOTHING about this man that is attractive. How he holds down a job that requires professionalism has got me baffled.

wow I finally got to see a rerun of the honeymoon special and to be honest I could not get through it, they are so depressed honestly and to hear them talk about about their honeymoons with Kody was so sad. I am sure TLC contributed towards their honeymoon and all (I mean come on, do u think Kody would do 11 days on him, he looks so darn cheap to me) but it truly goes to show what Kody thinks of the other women. One of them will break sooner or later.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What I found interesting is the justification of the 11-day honeymoon by all of them. The earliest, actual wife talked about her 3-day(?) honeymoon, and the others talked about their little honeymoon adventures. To me, it would seem that the first wife or two, at the very least, would have had longer honeymoons because of how few children they had back then. No, instead he chooses to take the monster time slot after they have some ridiculous number of children. That makes no sense to me. And how can you have a honeymoon with woment that you are not married to? Honeymoons are for married couples, or so I thought, and he's only married to Meri. Gross.

And, doesn't the one wife look extremely pregnant? If she's not, I sure hope she goes to the doctor to make sure everything is OK.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4117254;
    What I found interesting is the justification of the 11-day honeymoon by all of them. The earliest, actual wife talked about her 3-day(?) honeymoon, and the others talked about their little honeymoon adventures. To me, it would seem that the first wife or two, at the very least, would have had longer honeymoons because of how few children they had back then. No, instead he chooses to take the monster time slot after they have some ridiculous number of children. That makes no sense to me. And how can you have a honeymoon with woment that you are not married to? Honeymoons are for married couples, or so I thought, and he's only married to Meri. Gross.

And, doesn't the one wife look extremely pregnant? If she's not, I sure hope she goes to the doctor to make sure everything is OK.
    In the interest of fairness, I don't think an 11-day honeymoon is over the top in any way. That's particularly true if you don't have to pay for it, and it's being documented for reality TV.

While it is true that the state only recognizes his first marriage, marriage is a contract performed by two people. They say the binding words, in front of witnesses. They take vows, make the promises. They establish the binding contract of marriage.

I guess that is what fascinates me about plural marriage. If it is truly a hybrid of conventional marriage, every one of the spouses should participate in every wedding. The bride is marrying into a community of spouses, and she should make her vows to every one of them, and them to her. All they would need to do is leave out the "and forsaking all others" clause.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4117454;
    In the interest of fairness, I don't think an 11-day honeymoon is over the top in any way. That's particularly true if you don't have to pay for it, and it's being documented for reality TV.

While it is true that the state only recognizes his first marriage, marriage is a contract performed by two people. They say the binding words, in front of witnesses. They take vows, make the promises. They establish the binding contract of marriage.
    That makes total sense, Poppy, but if it's not legal, who's to say that it is "binding?" I may just be cynical but I question their commitment in this day and age without any legal ramifications.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4117576;
    That makes total sense, Poppy, but if it's not legal, who's to say that it is "binding?" I may just be cynical but I question their commitment in this day and age without any legal ramifications.
    People do break these solemn vows all the time, that's true. Serial monogamy is more our style than polygamy.

I would have to assume that these women have some kind of written agreement with Kody in terms of property ownership and finances. It would be foolish of them not to.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

They may have contracts regarding the ownership and potential division of property, but any contract between any of them to be married is unenforceable as contracts to do something that is illegal are non-binding. For example, you can't legally enforce a contract by the courts if you contend someone breached a contract to rob a bank or sell drugs.

I guess technically, the women except for Meri could get married to one other woman if they went to a state that allows same sex marriages, but I don't think Utah does that yet.

+ Reply to Thread